Cindy Crawford's Daughter makes Modeling Debut

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skipaway, Jan 19, 2012.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Good gawd she is only 10?! :eek: I know its all makeup and wardrobe but man, I would have guessed maybe 16-17 from that picture if the article didn't say it. I think she's got a little bit of a young Brooke Shields look thing going on too. Like mid-80's Brooke.

3. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Gawd! Could she be more gorgeous!!!!!

O-

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Cindy 2.0.

5. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

In a technical sense, I think she is beautiful but I don’t think she is ready for primetime yet. She looks like she hasn’t really grown into her bones yet and I find her look off putting. When she really is 16 or 17, I think the look will be much better.

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I agree. I think they should let a 10 year old be a 10 year old. Although to look at some 12 year old girls (my niece, specifically) they look and act more like 16.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

She's gorgeous, and those skinny legs are a mile long. But ITA, more natural styling would work better for a 10 year old.

8. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

9. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I think the style and posing is way too adult-looking for a ten-year-old. I mean, leather? What's she gonna do next, whip her hair back and forth? :shuffle:

10. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Sure, why not?
    Willow Smith Whips her Hair :scream:

11. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

LOL!

12. Civic

Civic New Member

IIRC, her husband, Rande Gerber, was also model before he went into business for himself. I'm surprised they allowed their daughter to get involved in the business at such a young age.

13. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

She looks incredibly like her mom - but the styling in that photo is also apparently from Cindy's beginning modelling days :p

I would have guessed she was about 14 from that photo - but then again, 14-year old models are often made up to look about 25. Nice to see the candid photo of Cindy & the kids from 2010 where the kids definitely look like KIDS.

14. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

10 going on 28? Sheesh.

15. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I think she looks great. Love the fact that the clothing line is aimed at children up to 12. I agree she looks way older, and those legs are amazing. Good on her.

16. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think she looks much older than 10 in the model picture, but that she is dressed appropriately for a 10 year old. Very pretty.

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

There are 10 years olds wearing Versace? :eek:

18. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Of course, don't all kids wear Versace?? :rofl:

19. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I think styling for photos and particularly TV make young girls look really old. It's particularly weird with people in their 20s who the stylists cake in make up and hair extensions and make them all look 30, which is ironic considering they all want to stay young forever.

20. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

She's modeling for a kid's line. And the gangly-ness is where her age really shows. Her face doesn't necessarily look 10 in the ad but her body does.

I don't really see how this isn't natural styling. Her makeup is as natural as any ad. It's not a very stylized ad at all.

I agree.

21. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

There is an entire line of Versace devoted to kids now. Kids with wealthy parents.

22. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I guess I can expect some of this for DS (aged 17 months) from my weathly aunt soon.

She has already sent him Georgio Armani clothes for Christmas... :lol:

23. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  24. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

She's a pretty girl, but nothing special. If her mother weren't Cindy Crawford, she would not be modeling. They would tell her she had a pudgy moon-face.

Same goes for Yasmin Le Bon's daughter, who is not even pretty. Can't believe she would get anyone's attention if it weren't for her parents.

25. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Ah yes, unfortunately you are correct. It is the way of the world. So often it is not what you know, but who you know. Would Will Smith's kids be getting the acting jobs and attention they are getting if they weren't Will Smith's kids?

26. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

I think the girl is very pretty but the photo isn't. Cindy's son is stunningly gorgeous though. I suspect he definitely has a future in modelling if he decides to pursue it.

27. bek

bek Guest

I think Cindy's daughter is quite gorgeous. (She may even grow up to be more beautiful than her mom which is saying something)

28. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Agree. It's smart publicity by Versace, to use the world's most well known model's kid to promote their nascent children's line. Everyone will want to know how Cindy's daughter looks like as a model , and become aware that Versace is now doing children's clothes.

29. duane

duane New Member

I agree. She is a "typical" pretty 10 year old girl--not like, say, the young Brooke Shields, who was a standout, abnormally beautiful child.

30. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Idk---to me Brooke Shields looked pretty similar at that age to Crawford's daughter:

http://vi.sualize.us/view/d27c9a03f5b18e74fde43952b2815996/

One doesn't stand out as looking way more striking than the other to me. YMMV