Christy Krall has resigned as Patrick Chan's coach

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Yukari Lepisto, Apr 16, 2012.

1. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

Patrick's dating Sarah Silverman?

2. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:lol: Does look a wee bit alike.

3. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Which girl in the picture of three girls is Patrick dating, and is she Tess Johnson or Sarah Silverman?

4. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

That poor girl, she must have to put up with a lot.

jk:lol:

5. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

If it gets too much for her, I'd gladly take her place. :D

6. PCFan

PCFan New Member

Patrick's girlfriend is the one in the middle, however, someone thinks she looks like the comedian Sarah Silverman. :lol:

Here's another profile pic of Tess and I can see a slight resemblance to the comedian.

http://twitpic.com/6i04o5

7. spikydurian

Me too..... except at my age I can only take the place of Mrs Chan! :lol: :D

8. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I remember reading the same thing. Not sure if that will change now if he loses time coach hunting but that was his plan.

9. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

ITA, he's become surprisingly attractive the last year or so.

10. os168

os168 Active Member

lol... this thread seems to have gone so off topic, reading only the last page and the first thought was wow the coach resigned over the girlfriend and costumes?

Parson is a great art school, probably the best in US so is good to know he has great people watch out for him (although I still think the Aranjuez costume screams Red China rather than Passionate Spanish. If the red is tinted slightly darker, it would make all the difference)

Attractive wise, I though Patrick might look good with some facial hair to look more maturer and settled for that program, but I don't think the world ever had any male skater champion with facial hair?

On the other hand David Wilson is hardly a surprising choice (He choreographed all Yuna ice shows Patrick took part) and he seems to be so fun around which makes him a great motivator to improve the artistry Patrick wanted to concentrate on. Personally, I thought Patrick really impressed me this year with his improvement in his expressions. He is not the most musical skater around but he has an internalized rhythm which is quite mesmerizing when done perfectly, that remind me of watching Taichi.

Patrick's biggest weakness right now is probably complacency and boredom since he has achieved everything minus OGM, and actually having Daisuke and Hanyu so close at heels and beating him in TES these days might be the best thing to have happened to him these past year. Moving on from Lori is also a great decision, since I have always thought Lori designs for what suited to the skater to max out the scores, but hardly ever push them to exceed themselves beyond what is known already.

11. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

12. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Not a world champion, but Candeloro had facial hair when he won his second Olympic medal.

I don't think that would be a good look for Chan, though. :D

13. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Didn't Ben Agosto sport some facial hair sometimes?

Also, Evan Lysacek had some stubble when he won Worlds and Olympics. :p

14. os168

os168 Active Member

Ahh haha... of course there was at Olympics! I was going down the world champion list that's why I couldn't recall.

I seem to remember Brian Joubert sport a stubble now and then. Oh so MAN!! Hey maybe that's the trend here... beard at the Olympics. Personally I think the D'artagnan look would look very well with Daisuke as well, who has the personality to realize these sort of colourful characters.

15. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Ooooh, I think that would look awful! :lol: I'm just imagining Patrick with patchy and sparse manchild stubble. Just wrong.

16. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I'm.... closer to his age, and so I shall openly indulge in the delusion that if we met each other at a bar, I'd have a chance. :lol:

17. spikydurian

:eek:
    Can someone photo-shop some hairs on him and see how it comes up? :p

Bar? Didn’t he say he doesn’t drink as he is allergic to alcohol? Though it doesn’t mean he doesn’t go to the bar .. yes just fruit juice only for Patrick. :lol:
    Now it may be better for you to take up tennis as I think he plays tennis too? :D

18. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Yeah, ice tea at the club house. ;) It's on. I'd love for him to help me with my serve.

Alright, that's it. I mean, I could go on and on but I don't want to put anyone off their lunches...don't know what the dirty thinking threshold is in these waters.

19. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

ya I believe he has the 'asian flush' or the allergy that is typical within Asian and Aboriginal peoples..

I agree with you - even though I'm old enough to be his mom .. he has grown into a handsome young man.. whenever I have met him he has been very polite and nice.. so can imagine he is a lovely boyfriend and I know if my daughter brought him home - I wouldn't be complaining.. :lol: I hope he can have a bit of a break now from competitions and enjoy 'life' especially with his girlfriend..:cool:

20. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Geez, maybe he should shave his head and skate to the King and I.

bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  21. spikydurian

:lol: And Thai style costume. Who's going to be Anna?

22. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

As requested

23. spikydurian

:rofl: when did he go for a nose job?

24. os168

os168 Active Member

:rofl:

The mullet optional?

25. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Awww, gotta love the Wolfman!

26. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Okay, that's funny!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

27. kppt

kppt New Member

Apparently confirmed. Buttle for the short and Wilson for the long. No news about hiring a new coach yet??

28. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

That should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Chan skate some programs in competition that weren't choreographed by Lori Nichol (though I think she's done good work for Chan myself).

29. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I agree, but I'm delighted Patrick is going to try something different. Maybe Buttle or Wilson can create a signature piece for Patrick, something personal and interesting.