Christmas Music

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by RockTheTassel, Dec 11, 2010.

1. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Tis the season to dig out those cds. :) I was wondering what everyone's favorite Christmas music is. I love Christmas music, but I'm rather picky and only like to listen to "my" Christmas songs. Some that I like are...

Everything by Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald. I love their music, and the Christmas songs are wonderful.

O Holy Night and Carol of the Bells by John Williams. These are from the Home Alone soundtrack and are my favorite versions of each song. They're classic and beautiful.

Christmas Time is Here by A Fine Frenzy. The singing is so soft and pretty.

Carol of the Bells by The Bird and the Bee. A version that's definitely not everyone's taste, but I like how different it is.

Baby it's Cold Outside by Chris Colfer and Darren Criss. A new favorite from the Glee soundtrack.

What are your favorites?

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

CD wise, the Glee Christmas album and Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong get a lot of play on my iTunes. :)

My favorite Christmas songs:
    Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    Welcome Christmas
    Carol of the Bells

I like several versions, so I didn't include a specific artist

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

4. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Hallelujah Chorus!

The Nutcracker. Bing Crosby songs. Pretty much any non-contemporary Christmas song is all good in my book. I'm not really into the shoes and hippos songs.

There is one contemporary song I really like that is set to a non-traditional piece (I think). It sounds like a choir of altos/sopranos and they sing the words "Merry Christmas" a lot. Anyone have any idea what that one is?

5. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Oh, whoops. I thought I checked to make sure there weren't similar threads, but I missed that one. Sorry for the duplicate.

6. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

You all are gonna laugh but it's not Christmas till I hear Dominic the Donkey and Hippopotamus for Christmas lol!

7. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Ella Fitzgerald and other Jazz xmas music.

My Favorite CD's are:

Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas - Jingle Bells and What are you doing New Year's Eve

Brian Setzer - Boogie Woogie Christmas -Love it!! Rockabilly and Big Band rolled into one. His version of the Nutcracker Suite.
    This is festive stuff. Boogie Woogie Santa Great Version of Jingle Bells

But I love the Soulful Christmas songs from the Temptations, James Brown, The Platters and Stevie Wonder. I grew with those.

Can't leave out Luther Vandross, Harry Connick Jr. and Barbra Streisand.

8. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I added one of my favorites to the old thread.

10. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

11. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I love that one also.