Christina Aguilera arrested for public drunkenness

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by triple_toe, Mar 2, 2011.

1. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

... while her boyfriend was arrested for a DUI. Article here

Another child star on a downward spiral I guess... Good lord, they're dropping like flies. I really feel sorry for the girl, but it's so much worse because of the child she had with her ex-husband. I mean, arrested for public drunkenness at 2:45 A.M. on a MONDAY? What happens on a Saturday or Friday night then? :eek:

Who could have thought that out of Christina, Lindsey, Britney, and Charlie, Britney is the one who looks the sanest and the most on track with her life? :yikes:

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

They said she wasn't right since her comeback CD kind of bombed and when she broke up with her hubs, which pretty much happened on top of each other.

NONE of them are SANE!!

3. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

"she's a genie with a bottle :nopryde: , rubbing it every single way..."

4. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

I wouldn't say that this makes Britney look the most on-track with her life.
    After all, she is a ward of the court and has a guardian. I would think it would be easier to make her look good when she is not the one making decisions about her life. It makes the court and her dad look good though. Maybe they all need guardians? :p

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And she started dating the BF almost immediately after and said it wasn't a rebound romance. Uh, sure.

I think most of them have been told for so long that they're so special and talented that they have trouble dealing with grownup things on their own.

6. Kruss

Kruss Not Auto-Tuned

So this is what Pink meant in her tweet earlier today.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  7. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Disney needs it's own rehab facility, then it could still be making money off of these former stars.

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Entertainers and athletes. They hear how great they are all day long, they start to believe it. Then real life stuff happens.

9. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

:rofl: Yay, Pink!

10. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

After her Super Bowl flub, I kept hearing that she has a drinking problem. Now this confirms it...

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:( How sad. She was one of the few I thought had it together.

12. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

so she was basically in the drunk tank?

okay that's all fine when you're in your early 20s, but she's in her 30s right? that divorce really did a number on her. she always seemed so well put-together, more so than her contemporaries at least.

13. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

Pink is so funny. She tweets about going to the grocery store with her husband and it's like "Who are you, again?"

I think she just got all her crazy out her system before she became famous. I've always thought she was pretty level-headed and together.

Anyway, y'all need to cheer up a bit about those young celebs; the news isn't all bad.

14. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mean, our culture generally lets things like this slide if you're under 25 or so...but when you're in your thirties and have a kid...no.

Christina has been a hot mess all year. The album tanked, Burlesque tanked (I actually liked it for what it was...:lol:) the Super Bowl flub, the Grammy flub, her divorce...eh. There have been rumors of her being a borderline alcoholic for several months, but she's always been so put together in terms of her personal life, so I didn't believe it, but this does confirm something is up. Apparently she and her boyfriend weren't even out clubbing or partying, they got drunk of some bottles of wine at an upscale restaurant that night.

Natalie Portman has always been a class act. She might say things that come off as somewhat pretentious occasionally, but she seems like an incredibly nice and intelligent person.

15. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

I just wanted to point out Britney never got arrested, so Pink, fact check. Especially since you called yourself a Britney fan.

And honestly, I try not to say mean things about these celebs having public melt downs like this. Yes it is beyond obvious something is wrong with a lot of them - but to me it is not funny nor amusing. I hope they can all find the help they need and work through this. I am a serious advocate for those suffering from mental disorders so I try to not to poke fun at anyone's misfortunes anymore. That is just me personally.

I also believe that the "you're famous you asked for it" argument is a complete load of crap... you can mentally prepare yourself for something all you want (death, fame, etc), but when it comes right down to it happening it's different and not what you expected, and things don't always go as planned. I'm probably going to get crap for that statement, so be it.

Britney is going to be featured in V magazine (on news stands tomorrow) and she was asked if she was ever prepared for fame. She said as a little girl she knew she wanted to perform and be on stage, but since she was so young she never quite understood fame, what it was, and what would come with it. Just thought that was an interesting statement and something to think about. Most of these girls became famous at a very young age.

Badams and (deleted member) like this.
  16. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

Yeah, like when she said the recession was an exciting time because it forced everyone to cut back, and people losing their jobs meant they would be able to be focused on finding something that truly excited them. :scream:

17. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

When she goes to court, is she going to say to the judge, "I [wasn't] myself [that] night?" :p

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  18. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

so she didn't really do anything bad, right? other than get in a car with a person who had been drinking.

19. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

According to an AP article, her boyfriend registered .09, slightly above the legal limit. The LA County spokesperson said:

20. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

She didn't do anything that they will prosecute. However, she was held for public drunkeness to bascially sober up. A friend drove her home.

Bad is a matter of opinion.

21. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize being drunk in the passenger seat of a car was considered public drunkeness. I wonder if she was mouthing off to the officers when they got pulled over or something?

I get that the officers had to take her into the drunk tank because she had no way to safely get home (since the driver was drunk- an actual crime) but I guess I'm not seeing what is "bad" here either.

(Now if she has a drinking problem, that's bad for her- but it's not illegal to be an alcoholic...)

22. ArtisticFan

According to sources (you know how reliable that is), she wouldn't have been arrested or taken in at all if the driver had not been drunk. However, the paperwork said she was "extremely intoxicated" and unable to care for herself.

In order to hold her, she was arrested.

As far as bad is concerned, I would characterize it as she made a bad choice (choices if the rumors of an ongoing problem are true). She was setting a bad example for her son and for anyone who looks up to her. She was a bad example of a responsible adult.

23. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

I'm not a drinker so I really have no idea but...

if the legal limit is .08, I've always understood that was one drink, if the test was taken within the hour.

So if it's .09, is it fair to say that might be 2 glasses of wine with dinner?

This question is not an excuse for him being behind the wheel or saying it's not bad, I'm not in any way suggesting that. I'm just wondering if she was much more wasted than him, which is why they took her in too and where this "public drunkeness" (on her part) comes from.

eta: I hadn't read ArtisticFan's post before I posted this. So she must have been much more than him?

24. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I still find it highly amusing that Prancer follows Pink on Twitter.

25. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

I don't think he was, there has definitely been talk that her relationship with her current boyfriend started while she was married.

26. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

For me? Yes, but I'm a small-ish person. It depends on your weight and build and other stuff.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  27. ArtisticFan

28. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Or when she "allegedly" began dating current fiance while he was still living with his girlfriend and said "that's his problem." Granted IMO the person who is already in a relationship should bear the majority of the responsibility (he sounds like a jerk who is supposedly using Natalie for the press attention) but if you know he's taken and you don't give a damn about anothers persons feelings and date him anyway? That's says a lot about that person as well.

Oh and then being one of the many Roman Polanski supporters yet compared meat eaters to rapists? :rofl:

I've always been a fan of Natalie as an actress and outwardly she is stunning but I don't think she is that nice.

As for Christina, I never thought she would be one of the troubled young stars. It's a shame as out of all the former tweenybopper set she had the most talent.

29. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

So, was Pink a Disney star??

30. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

No, I don't think so. But she was a popular artist (and started with kind of a Pop sound) during the same "Total Request Live" era as the other two. (She did the Moulin Rouge song with Christina)

I think it was just that she was characterized as the "troublemaker" and they were "wholesome and sweet" in the late 90s.