Christenings and Weddings and Jubliees Oh My!! ~ Royalty thread #3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Much continued happiness to the Queen and HRH Prince Philip.
    Traditionally, it's the Diamond Anniversary.
    Will we see a personal gift of "bling", to commemorate this very special occasion?

2. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Love how he is doing a real job - not many royals as high up as Prince William have done that!! I believe he would have liked to serve at the front line like Prince Harry but being in the 2nd in line of succession excludes him from that so serving in the RAF as a Search and Rescue pilot is vitally important to him - love him :)

3. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Adding a Mazel Tov to HMQ and HRH Philip!!

4. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Three Cheers for Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh on the occasion of their 65th Wedding Anniversary!!

Hip Hip HOORAY!!

Hip Hip HOORAY!!

Hip Hip HOORAY!!

Congratulations to them both on what really is such an accomplishment. :D

5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Although I am a little bit late, a very Happy Anniversary to HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip!!

6. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Doesn't the 65th anniversary mean you can get a letter of congrats from the Queen? ;)

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  7. AragornElessar

LOL...Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking that yesterday. :D

8. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

I could see some members of the royal family requesting one for the DoE.

9. AragornElessar

A great interview and piece on Queen Margrethe of Denmark and her involvement in designing the costumes and sets for this year's production of The Nutcracker in Denmark...

The Telegraph ~ Danish Queen brings a fairytale prince to life

She is such a neat lady. Would love to ask her why she decided to put The Sugar Plum Fairy in gold. In every production I've seen either on stage, TV or on ice, she's been dressed from anywhere in the pinks to purples range of colours.

I'd also love to see her illustrations she did for one of the Danish translations of The Hobbit one of these days too.

Kate flew solo tonight at The Natural History Museum in London...

The Mirror ~ Fringe benefits: Duchess Kate shows off her sweeping new hairdo on night at museum

She also gave a quick speech, but haven't been able to find a video of it yet.

And Billed-Bladet has put together a photo gallery of the Crown Prince kids over the past year...

Billed-Bladet ~ A Year in the Life of the Children of the Crown Prince Couple

There are a couple of pictures of the Twins that are just beyond adorable. My favourite one though is of Christian in the stands of an event at the London Games and he's pretending he's got a pair of binoculars by using his hands. :D

10. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

This might sound odd but I really love Kate's eyebrows and the way they set off her eyes. And I like her new hairdo too....

11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't like the new do.

Maybe she just needs to get used to it, but the new shorter side bits are hiding too much of her face in all the pictures I've seen, and it's not doing well on windy days, as her previous style did so very well.

12. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Way back when, when we were discussing Kate's hair, I remember posted that we would see it get a little shorter. I don't think it will ever be short, but I suspect bangs and layers and what looks like a couple of inches off the bottom, is a way to make up do's easier. Really long heavy hair is hard to put up unless one suits a really pulled back look, which IMHO Kate doesn't. The bangs and layers will allow for a softer looking up do. I think it is great she is experimenting. The great thing about hair is it always grows back!

13. mkats

mkats New Member

Sounds like Kate agrees with you :lol:

14. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

15. AragornElessar

Wow...In that second seated portrait of Princess Marina, all I can see is her daughter Princess Alexandra. I think it's the smile. All I can see is Princess Alexandra.

Talk about Family Likenesses. :)

Thanks Fergus for sharing this w/us. :D

16. AragornElessar

For those who haven't heard or seen any footage from yesterday, Kate returned to her former Prep School. Both to visit and to officially open their new Sports Field. She also took part in a pick up Field Hockey Game too.

The Telegraph ~ Duchess of Cambridge returns to her old prep school and relives past sporting glories

Two things...

How she managed to play in those heels...Pretty impressive. If I'd tried that, I would have fallen flat on my face *and* broken something.

And...

Her outfit? That's my Family Tartan!!! :D :D :D

17. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Apparently it's been confirmed that Kate is pregnant. She's been admitted to hospital for "acute morning sickness" and is expected to stay for a couple of days. Congratulations to them.

It's breaking news so no link yet.

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

link????

19. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

20. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Well there goes my chance of having the Baby of the Year in 2013. :drama:

In all seriousness, congratulations to them! Very exciting news.

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  21. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

22. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

That's great - I'm sure everyone is so happy!

In other baby news, Crown Princess Mette-Marit recently visited India to welcome twins born to friends of hers via surrogacy. As the parents were having visa issues, she went there to be with the babies right after the birth. Hospital staff figured she was the nanny :D

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

24. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Many congrats to Their Royal Highnesses!!!!! :biggrinbo

25. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Hope she feels better soon - congratulations! :)

26. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Mazel tov!

27. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Outstanding! Congratulations to Will and Kate. :cheer2:

28. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Awww, congrats!! Unfortunate that she has severe morning sickness--hopefully they can at least keep her well hydrated and the baby will be OK.

29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Congratulations and best wishes to the Royal couple.
    I hope that the Duchess feels better, soon.

30. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I guess that if she didn't have to be admitted to hospital for the severe morning sickness we wouldn't have had an announcement until she was over the 1st trimester - probably early 2013. Still she is in the best place for her and hopefully she will be out and be able to enjoy christmas with both her family as well as the royal family!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.