Christenings and Weddings and Jubliees Oh My!! ~ Royalty thread #3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

And GORGEOUS! :swoon: What a glamorous couple! :biggrinbo

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I wish them every happiness!

3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I remember the Press Secretary of the Swedish Royal Family saying when answering questions of why both Madeleine and Carl Phllip's significant others were invited and attending Estelle's Christening hinting that at least one Royal Engagement announcement would be coming w/in a year. She wasn't far off w/that, was she? :D

I am so happy for her!!! After what happened w/her last fiancé, Madeleine so deserved someone who truly respected her as well as loving her and from all reports, Chris does just that.

All the happiness in the World to them and can't wait for next year's Royal Wedding!! :D

edited to add...From the Official Royal Family of Sweden website...

Official Swedish Royal Family website ~ Best Wishes

Statements from Their Majesties, Victoria and Daniel, Carl Phillip and Chris' Mom. There's also an address over there for those interested in sending their own best wishes to the Happy Couple, along w/links to Facebook and Twitter for those interested in leaving a message that way. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  4. AragornElessar

PPE Agency ~ Official Engagement Pictures

Also if you look a bit further on the page, you'll see pictures from an annual concert held in Brussels and the entire Belgian Royal Family were there for it.

Just thought I'd mention it for those interested. :)

5. AragornElessar

6. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands is going to receive an honourary degree from McMaster University in Hamilton on Nov 16.

7. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

8. AragornElessar

9. AragornElessar

The Jordanian Royal Family has a new member and Queen Noor's a Grandma again. Prince Hamzah and Princess Basma welcomed baby Princess Zein on Saturday and Mother and Baby Princess are doing well. Haven't yet found a site or statement in English, but will keep looking.

Welcome to the World Little Princess!! :D

10. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

A very Happy Birthday today to HRH Princess Louise of Wessex! :)

11. AragornElessar

Yes indeed!! A very Happy Birthday to a young lady who is very lucky to be w/us considering how close both she and Sophie came to leaving us so many years ago today. I hope Louise had a day filled her friends, Family and most importantly, lots of cake!! :D

Was just checking out YouTube after a Flash Player upgrade to make sure it went through properly and I found this...

BBC News ~ A preview of the Diamonds exhibit this summer at BP

Please ensure that you have something to wipe the drool off of your computer screens after viewing... :D ;)

edited to add...I found another video on the exhibit, but does show some other pieces of the exhibit than the first video did.

YouTube ~ The Jewelry Editor ~ Diamonds A Jubilee Celebration

I never knew the Marquise cut diamond that's one of the two hanging "tassels" of the Cambridge emeralds set is one of the pieces from the original Culillnan Diamond. Learn something new everyday. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  12. skatesindreams

What is the "filigree" crown at 3:02 in the first video?

13. AragornElessar

I'm going by sheer guess work here, but I think this could help you out...

Order of Sartorial Splendour ~ Flashback Friday ~ A Few of Camilla's Sparkliest Things

Middle one in the picture spread of Camilla and the tiaras she's worn so far. Wish that picture of her wearing the Teck Crescent Tiara was a clearer one, as I've never seen it worn outside of the Queen Mum just before and after WWII and all of those are black and white photos. It's one of the tiaras I can see easily suiting Kate one of these days too.

Anyway...If I'm right and that is the tiara you're talking about, there's more information about it at...

Order of Splendour ~ Flashback Friday ~ Tiaras Lost and Found

Hope that helps!!

14. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

exquisite pieces---I never cared a lot about diamonds but when they are that "perfect" they are mesmerizing...

15. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

16. AragornElessar

Earlier this week in her role as Colonel in Chief of 22 Field Ambulance, Sophie presented Medals to personnel after they had just returned from a stint in Afghanistan. The true highlight however, was the little Sophie that presented flowers to HRH...

Daily Mail ~ Sophie's hug for little Sophie: The Countess of Wessex gives cute three-year-old a cuddle during visit to Army medics

They're pretty much a perfect match colour wise, aren't they? :D

Those pictures of the two of them are just too lovely and adorable for words. :D

17. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Just gorgeous. Loved how the Countess opened her arms to the little girl - making little Sophie feel very special :)

Just a little winge here - did we really need to read about Pippa Middleton in this article - it was';t even about her sister but still the editors felt the need to slip her in :rolleyes:

18. skatesindreams

Thanks. That is the one I meant.
    I think that its' really beautiful; and knew nothing about it.

19. AragornElessar

You're welcome and ITA, the Durbar tiara is gorgeous!!

I just stumbled across this...

YouTube ~ The Royal Family of The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland

Some lovely pictures there I haven't seen before. Including one where William and Harry are in kilts in a Grandparents and Grandchildren portrait picture. One of the very few of those and this one's lovely. :)

20. AragornElessar

21. mkats

mkats New Member

Charles and Camilla are back from their tour of New Zealand and Australia, and as always, the Order of Sartorial Splendor has an excellent post up.

LOVE Camilla in this dress. :swoon:
    Do NOT love Camilla in THIS dress, far left. :eek:

22. mag

mag Well-Known Member

ITA, but I do love the hair, make up, and jewelry that went with the second dress.

23. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

That 2nd dress should be burned .. it's horrible on her!

24. AragornElessar

If you're all talking about the dress where it looks like a wild cat was let loose inside of Camilla's closet and at the skirt, then ITA w/all of you!! That thing's hideous!!!

Speaking of clothing and Royals...

Daily Mail ~A royal snub! Kim Kardashian sends Kate Middleton freebie clothing from her Kollection ... but the Duchess sends them straight back

Even though that "Kate Middleton" mention in the headline has the same effect on me as fingernails going down a blackboard, even that can't prevent the grin on my face reading this produced. Even if it isn't true, which I doubt considering just who and what "Kollection" we're talking about here, it's still managed to give me a good chuckle.

edited to add...Monaco is in the middle of celebrating their National Day w/celebrations spanning the weekend and ending on Monday. As part of them, annual awards are given out and Charlene now has the Order of St. Charles, which is also considered to be the main Order/honour given by the Principality...

Facebook ~ Palais Princier de Monaco - Prince's Palace of Monaco (Official)'s Photos

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  25. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I really need to not click links to Sartorial Splendour...I get SO sucked in and there goes the morning....

26. skatesindreams

I can't imagine the Duchess wearing anything designed by a Kardashian!
    I assume that it's policy to refuse anything unsolicited; which has been sent in hopes of gaining publicity.

27. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Yes, there has been a fair amount written about unsolicited gifts (although I'm sure they never solicit gifts, but I digress ...) All of the clothes sent to Kate are returned with a thanks but no thanks. That goes for Kardashian stuff as well as Valentino.

28. AragornElessar

While I know the odds are excellent Kate never saw the "gift" from those I shall not name as I'm sick and tired of them, and it was one of the staff members who accepted it and then returned it, it was still sent to Kate and more in the intention of "The hottest Royal out there fashion wise wearing *my* things!!" and knowing if she was seen wearing one of the Kreations of the Kollection, the sales would be through the roof.

Big difference between Kate and those I shall not name though? There's a *huge* difference between true Class and those who are trying to buy it. Those who are trying to buy it got a, forgive me here but I can't resist myself, Royal Slapdown!!

And I still can't keep from grinning in glee over it. :D :D :D

Okay...Enough said about that.

Yesterday in Holland, Crown Princess Maxima and Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane were joined by a few hundred of their friends to welcome Sinterklaas and officially kick off the Holiday Season in the Netherlands.

This video is a hoot and a half....

YouTube ~ A Royal Welcome for Sinterklaas

Great photo gallery here...

Dutch Photo Press ~ Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane welcomes Sinterklaas

And as many of us over at the one Royalty MB I belong to are wondering, yes, it does look like Princess Ariane has given herself a hair don't w/her own scissors at some point recently doesn't it? :D

29. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say Happy 65th wedding anniversary to Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip. Not too many couples make it to that milestone.

30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.