Chris Brown Melts Down After Interview

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by WindSpirit, Mar 23, 2011.

1. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Chris Brown Melts Down After Tough 'Good Morning America' Interview

Now, journalists can be often jackasses, even those "renowned" ones, but Chris Brown has a serious problem. I guess the anger management classes didn't really work. Here's a picture of the broken window and the street below. He could have seriously hurt someone. He wanted to talk about his album and not what happened two years ago, wah wah. Well, obviously he still has the same problem, so yes it's relevant. And why on earth does he think that he deserves to have a career at all? He's a crappy singer with anger issues.

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

What a douche. He clearly has an anger problem. Those questions were cleared with him before hand according to Robin Roberts. He has serious issues and needs to continue getting help. The judge in his probation case would be wise to take this incident and require MORE anger management courses and such.

3. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Why is this jackwad even considered a big star? He really needs to sashay away.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  4. BigB08822

I read earlier today that people are really putting pressure on ABC to cancel his appearance on DWTS next week. He was supposed to give 2 performances during the results show. I am guessing ABC is waiting to see if this all blows over or if it picks up steam.

5. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

After this performance, he just guaranteed that *all* people will be talking about is his anger management issues/relationship with Rhianna.

6. BigB08822

Yes, good luck to him on his next interview. haha He also has recently dealt with the nude photos of himself surfacing, although that was not brought up in this case. It was brought up on a radio phone interview and he apparently got pissed and hung up. I wonder if he broke his own window that time?

7. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet that his own PR person has tried to prep him for questions like that. Anyone with media relations training would have canned answers for questions that are sure to come up...it is what you are paid to do. So even if they questions weren't supplied ahead of time, I can't believe he was honestly taken off guard by them.

8. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

What's ridiculous, is that he AGREED to talk about his past and that whole situation. It smacks of a publicity stunt IMO.

9. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'm convinced his agent prepped him. I'm also convinced that he's too dumb or too naive to understand what his agent said. After all, he came into the industry as the "good" kid who could do no wrong, was kind to animals, and an positive influence on kids. Guess he bought his own hype.

10. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Why wasn't he charged with Criminal Damage to Property?

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I guess it's up to the landlord of the building whose window he broke as to whether he wants to charge Brown or not, but I'm sure someone from Brown's camp has already immediately offered to pay for the window replacement. So in theory there's nothing to be charged.

12. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

In the real world, the police are called and the police officer on the scene files charges.

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Temper, temper. It would have been better if he had just walked off the set. The :drama:, throwing furniture and stuff, makes him look immature and hot-headed.

14. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Open letter to GMA on the Chris Brown situation. Kinda funny.

15. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

That open letter has a point about ABC's action, or rather non-action. It's why Hollywood has people like Charlie Sheen around; It chooses to look the other way when it's convenient to do so.

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Love the open letter! :respec:

17. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

This just pisses me off. There are good, decent, hard-working people out there, with real accomplishments, contributions, and talent. And lately the only ones I see making tons of money and getting all the attention are thugs.

I know intellectually it's not the case, and we only hear about the bad stuff. But our society is so fukced up.

reese and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Autumm_wind

Autumm_wind New Member

I know there are other aspects to focus on, but he ripped of his T-shirt?
    I thought that could only happen in a film.

19. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I agree. I'm tired of hearing about the spoiled, rich, celebrities who are all about causing trouble and being stupid. :wall:

20. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Yet...here's a thread about it. ;) (not pointing out HeatherC--love ya! I'm just sayin, in the ideal world...)

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  21. duane

duane New Member

According to Billboard, Chris Brown's album will debut at #1 next week--his first ever #1 debut. With the news of this melt down, the album will now probably set a record.

22. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

You really think more people will buy CB's album simply because he had a tandrum and smashed a window? I don't see that happening. This is not Charlie Sheen #2. CB's also supposed to be on the road promoting the cd, but I think his record company will have him lie low for a little bit. He's definitely not going to be granting interviews to the well-know mainstream presses for a while.

23. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Great letter. I understand that the GMA anchor has some kind of personal relationship with Chris Brown and so while she was shocked at the tantrum, she is more likely to find ways to forgive him. But still, to invite him back to the show??? For what? So that we can talk it out and understand Chris' "feelings" and say, "Aww, maybe Chris isn't such a bad guy after all"? :rolleyes: You missed that chance months ago. It's obvious that both GMA and Chris Brown just want to milk the publicity for all it's worth. GMA canceled Adam Lambert's appearance after the American Music Awards a few years ago for exhibiting gay sexual behavior on stage, but they welcome back Chris Brown, who punches women and throws chairs out of windows, repeatedly with open arms. Shaking my head.

meggonzo and (deleted member) like this.
  24. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I was wondering if that was GMA that cancelled Adam. Don't kiss a guy, but you can beat the shit out of a woman, and that's fine.

:wall:

meggonzo and (deleted member) like this.
  25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Really, GMA? Really? :mad:

26. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Wow, I forgot about that! Absolutely infuriating. :mad:

27. duane

duane New Member

I sure do. It's added publicity, and publicity brings interest. And, I do think this is Charlie Sheen in a way. Reportedly, many who had never seen his show watched it after the explosion of publicity to see what the fuss was about. Chris Brown's album already was going to debut at #1--a first for him. Why? Because the songs seem so great, or because of his now notorious image from beating Rihanna? This melt down only adds to that image.

28. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Disgusting, ain't it? :mad:

29. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

If I'm not mistaken, GMA had also scheduled Brown for an interview the week after Lambert's AMA performance, but since they were already getting flack for the cancellation, they switched Brown's interview to 20/20.

I agree with duane. For example, I didn't even know that Chris Brown was releasing an album until I read the articles of him breaking windows at a promo interview for his new album. At this point, I have two pieces of information: Chris Brown still has major temper issues and is still immature, and he is also coming out with new music. I'm not a fan of Chris' music but if I were or had been a former fan and then had read that article, I may go check out some songs just to see if the album was even any good or if he's just an all-around fool.

I hate to continue the Adam and Chris comparison (because I love Adam and only America would consider what he did a controversy while Brown's actions are shameful in most parts of the world), but he also had an album drop right afterward, and the resulting publicity from the AMAs most definitely helped introduce him to a larger audience who had never heard of him before and also became an opportunity for that audience to check out his music. His record company sent him to a lot of interviews to make up for the cancellations (which were more than just GMA) and perform to bring it back to the music. If I were a record company and money was my only focus, I would do that with Chris Brown too, because to lie low means that people forget and are just left with a lingering bad impression. Not what you want with an album and artist that could potentially make you a lot of money.

30. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I don't think it was about merely kissing a guy for Adam. I saw his performance and it left a bad taste in my mouth. If he had just kissed a guy it would have been non issue for me. But he was trying to be outrageous on purpose. The worst part was for me was him faking fingering a woman. I mean, come on. Do I need to see that on stage? No.

I hated it how they explained the whole controversy by people being homophobic. :rolleyes: Instead of wooing people with his voice, Adam decided to be be memorable by being outrageous. To blame the negative feedback on him being gay is a cop-out.

I'm sure some people were outraged because he kissed a guy. But to see how many and how much, do just that and nothing else. I know I've never seen anyone else faking fingering a woman in a concert on national TV.