choreography by michael seibert

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skfan, May 17, 2012.

1. skfan

skfan New Member

i read in the 2013 program and choreography thread that michael seibert is choreographing for adam rippon, and i'm curious to know whether seibert has been very active in the COP era. has he choreographed for... say... any of the ladies in the past 10 or so years? ^__^

my attention tends to lapse, but seibert's choreography for G&G, gordeeva and yamaguchi has stuck in my mind all these years. i love his 'reverie' for G&G.

i look forward to seeing his program for adam, and if the knowledgeable people here on FSU could kindly point me to some of his programs in recent years (in any discipline), i'd love to catch up.

thanks in advance. :)

2. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

3. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

one of my favourite G&G programs...so beautiful, I want to cry. thanks for posting:)

4. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

He also, along with Sandra Bezic, choreographed Shen and Zhao's Firebird SP from the 2000-2001 season.

5. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

Michael and Sandra used to choreograph Stars in Ice, even before it was called that.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

7. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

a hockey player could have choreographed for them and it would have looked just as amazing. He did do great work though

8. skfan

skfan New Member

G&G were indeed great but i think, as lovely and playful as your sentence is, you're selling seibert a bit short. ^__^

thank you Sylvia and eurodance2001 for mentioning some of his works in more recent times. i will check out these promising leads :)

gordeeva's 'morning mood' is still one of my favorite programs. just like 'reverie' was perfect for then new parents katia and sergei, 'morning mood' was perfect for katia starting anew as a single skater. seibert has, for me, a certain ability to capture a moment, framing the picture perfectly with his choreography.

thanks everyone :)

9. Sylvia

Reposting the following from the Programs/Choreography thread in GSD:
    Thanks, missysays!

10. skfan

skfan New Member

thank you missysays and Sylvia! i hope to see more of his choreography soon, also.

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm glad that he's found success in other areas; however, I've missed his "designs on ice" and look forward to seeing them again.

12. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Here comes another thanks for posting this link! One of my favourite skating memories! :swoon::swoon::swoon:

13. Teenes

Teenes New Member

14. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

This has long been one of my favourite Gordeeva solo programs. Just gorgeous.

15. Sylvia

Here's my post from yesterday in the U.S. Men's thread in GSD that links to the Michael Seibert/Adam Rippon FS choreography article on IceNetwork: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3576612#post3576612
    An excerpt from the article:

16. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member