Chinese skating updates and reports

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by jjane45, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Updates on SUI Wenjing and SONG Nan's injuries from this orthopedist
    www.weibo.com/yangqixian

Apparently SUI Wenjing got treated for talofibular ligament rupture in her right ankle. After 2 weeks of treatment, she was able to walk / handle proprioceptive balance training without pain.

It was also revealed in the weibo post about SONG Nan that the team doctor tried many therapies without success. Very luckily, SONG is feeling much better after a week of treatment.

(Little surprised about sharing patient details on weibo but maybe publicity was previously agreed upon?)

ETA: in follow up posts, it seems TONG Jian goes there as well. Apparently surgery is a must but he is postponing it again because of the Olympic season.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

(((Tong)))

3. MysticHaze

MysticHaze Member

Jian Tong is such a trooper. I hope holding off necessary surgery wont injure him even more. I hope the Chinese federation appreciates all he has given to them throughout his career.

4. jlai

jlai Title-less

I hope this is really his decision to put off surgery, and Tong is sure about this

5. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Further updates from the same orthopedist:

SONG Nan has left knee patella arthrosis (says Google translate), plus severe lacerations / pain for lateral thigh muscles. 2-4 months rehabilitation before he can resume jump training.

SUI Wenjing should also have surgery for her right ankle, but OLYMPIKS!! It's just rehabilitation and functional training for now,
    1) to recover from ankle ligament rupture, and
    2) to strengthen and stabilize lower limb and ankle muscles, so they can compensate ankle ligament stability
    :yikes: (((SUI)))

6. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

LI Zijun posted on renren: I am handicapped (残疾) now, have to go for broke in the FS. Grrr please watch for others in the six minutes warm up!!!

Hope she is alright.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

What happened?

8. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Collision with Ashley Wagner before WTT SP.

9. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Well done to both Zijun and Kexin at WTT. Zijun was all around lovely but Kexin seriously needs to loosen up and relax. She had no expression even at the K&C.

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

11. luCN

luCN New Member

according to the team leader's weibo(a website like twitter in chinese)
    Cheng PENG/Hao ZHANG,Zijun Li, Kexin Zhang,Nan Song and Han Yan will fly to Canada and work with Lori Nichol.

12. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Wow... that's great news! They are all ready to roar in Sochi. Good luck to all and can't wait to watch them grow esp. Han Yan and Li (my next generation skaters in sight to uber);)

13. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Except, only one of Nan Song and Han Yan will go to Sochi... I was hoping Han could ride on the momentum of a 4CCs medal to skate well here to make a better case for himself for next season since he should be more rested than others who skated at Worlds, but alas.

14. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Thanks Sylvia. I did not know that.

Kexin's reaction shocked me since this is such a huge improvement from her Worlds performance and she did achieve a SB score here. Maybe I am being overly sensitive or it's just that she was very focused on her scores, but Zijun padded her a couple of times at the K&C but she didn't react at all.

15. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Alas, practice reports sounded very, very promising.

YAN Han's magazine interview post 4CC is published, quick highlights from tieba:

1. YAN Han: Times of difficulty are the times of progress, as the saying goes, "when you feel it's hard, it means you are going uphill (improving)". Motivate yourself to persevere, and good results will come.

2. Coach JIA: To meet YAN Han is the luckiest thing in her life.

3. YAN Han plans to take dance lessons.

16. spikydurian

Oh yes... I forgot China only has one place for the men's at Sochi.:(

17. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

18. Sylvia

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  19. reut

reut Active Member

20. spikydurian

Congratulations to Shen & Zhao. Happy for them. I have watched them through the years and most of all, watched them grow from technical excellence to both technical and artistic excellence. During the initial years, I didn't like their costumes :D but they have come a long way.

They certainly can contribute to figure skating in China with all their experience and skills.

21. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Happy Couple? They will be wonderful parents!

22. Sylvia

Thanks! Excerpt re. Zhao's coaching role:
    A separate, celebratory thread was started here: Shen And Zhao Will Be New Parents Soon!

23. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Article on ice dancers HUANG Xintong / ZHENG Xun

落选赛成中国冰舞黄金组合最后机会 冬奥会后退役
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-04-24/13546536099.shtml

Quick summary:

HUANG / ZHENG have been together for 14 years (!!) and nebelhorn trophy is their last chance to qualify for the Sochi Olympics. Because her health issues, they will certainly retire after Sochi. He is not considering to find a new partner.

They recently performed in an ice show and were quite happy with her recovery. There is certainly a lot of pressure for the team to qualify for Sochi, and the competition is way more difficult compared to four years ago.

After retiring, he wants to coach the little ones, and she just wishes to "heal and rest" first.

24. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I so hope they qualify, but I think they will be at Sochi in any case if they can regain their national championship, because China qualified for WTT this year (top 6) and the Olympic version has the top 10 teams. And I am expecting them to regain it. :encore: I hope Huang continues to heal!

25. sk8dsmom

sk8dsmom New Member

So maybe my eyes were not deceiving me when I thought it was Hao ZHANG in a Toronto area skate shop on Sunday with a bunch of young asians (maybe some skaters.. wasn't really paying attention to them)? ;)

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  26. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Double post

27. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Yes they are still in Canada. YAN Han just posted a picture of himself taking a dance class. Other than that, not much news.

28. Sylvia

Re-posting from the Han YAN ├╝ber thread:
    Translation of the magazine article: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...i-and-Beyond&p=3916349&viewfull=1#post3916349
    Translation of the Q&A: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...i-and-Beyond&p=3914473&viewfull=1#post3914473

I am looking forward to seeing what Lori Nichol can do with Yan!

29. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

major change in national pairs coaching team, ZHAO Hongbo will be the main pairs coach in the Olympic season, S/H's coach LUAN Bo moves to Beijing with her teams.

can someone please post the news report link and/or share more details? :)

30. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

what's with bin yao and yu sun?
    finally retired? or just additional coaches?