Chinese skating updates and reports

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by jjane45, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Heehee I meant for Zhang's sake - they were desperate to find a promising girl to partner with him ibn time for Sochi but couldn't.

Jun Y likes this.
  2. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

So, on the Russian thread, rumors are flying that Pang/Tong may come back to competition this season!?! Max Trankov said P/T choreographed new programs with Nikolai Morozov.

Anyone here know anything?

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

4. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

I assume you mean in time to contend for a medal, since he did partner with Peng in time to make the Olympic team for Sochi.

As much affection as I have for Pang/Tong, I really hope this rumor does not come to fruition, as I really like the top 3 Chinese teams right now a lot, they've all had a great season so far and it would be a shame for one of them to be bumped from being able to skate at a worlds in their home country.

jennysk8oboe likes this.
  5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

The way the Chinese Fed works, especially without a new crop of junior Pairs in sight, none of them will be able to retire before at least one more Worlds in China (or maybe two).

6. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

7. analia

analia Active Member

7 new Chinese junior pairs team were formed this fall. Future is on the way.

hanca likes this.
  8. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Pairs only? The Fed made good investment in the ladies program a few years back sending Li Zijun, Zhang Kexin and Geng Bingwa to US to train with Li Mingzhu. They really need to build up their singles disciplines. Right now, besides Li and Yan, most other singles skaters are very dull.

9. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

I'm sad in this season to see Chinese top ladies struggling without proper person who can teach them. The time loss with the empty seat for the head coach for ladies will affect younger promising ladies as well.

10. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

Do you know who these are?

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

That is terrific news. The stop/start nature of the pairs program to date is frustrating to watch, especially as older skaters are asked to carry on long after their bodies are crying for rest.

danafan likes this.