Chinese skating updates and reports

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by jjane45, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

It's about time to have an ongoing thread for Chinese skating! News articles, weibo updates, message board reports, credible rumors ;), general discussions... Translations especially appreciated!!!

There is a separate Chinese National Competitions 2012/2013 season thread in the Kiss & Cry forum, please feel free to cross post as well!

2. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

YAN Han did not appear to be in top form at JGP Slovenia. I attempted to translate YAN Han's relevant weibo updates and replies and may have caused some confusions. Please correct if they are off, thanks!!

9/29 16:39 follow up reply in a different post "腰胯肩疼" - literally waist, hips, and shoulder pain.
    9/29 04:56 follow up reply: "Nothing wrong, did not skate well"
    9/26 08:53 weibo post was pretty hard to translate, it paraphrases like this: "Always something wrong once leaving Haerbin (training base), it's either swollen (?) or fever. So miserable, don't want to be at Haerbin in the future."

Granted, this is a teenage boy's "twitter" and a post about pain could be just an ordinary fall or more notable injury that affects competition. Hope he is well!

3. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Current "disabled list" as reported on message boards, no news sources
    (to expect news sources on Chinese skating would wipe out 90% of the speculation fun, hehe)

SUI Wenjing is off the ice due to injury, GP status uncertain for SUI/HAN
    ZHANG He is or was injured, withdrew from JGP

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Thanks for starting this thread :) but can you ask a mod. to move it to GSD please? (since it's a current news thread)

5. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

I don't know Sylvia! GSD seems to be more strict about the source of news updates, while for Chinese skating there is rarely anything official.

6. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

^^^ I was hoping we could have a new Chinese skating news thread for the new season, but sometimes important news gets lost or missed when posted in the general threads.

Ah, okay, I see your point, jjane45. ;) We seem to have more Chinese posters these days, so hopefully they will contribute news-type items here.

If any important Chinese skating news articles (for example, regarding Sui/Han's Grand Prix status) from credible media sources are published online, hopefully a separate thread can be started/links will be posted in GSD.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

No articles in sight for ZHANG Kexin's withdrawal from grand prix series. It's rumored that she is not injured. There were reports back in the summer that she had conflicts with her coaching team and considered retirement... #hearsayinfo

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  9. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Hope it was just a rumor. She's so lovely on ice, and her performances at 2012 Worlds were just fabs!

10. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Article in Chinese on P/T's condition before Skate America
    http://news.sports.cn/figureskating/2012-10-16/16504.html

My (questionable) attempt at translating the highlights:

TONG injured his neck nerve in strength training. PANG talked about various old injuries of TONG including knee, ankle, and back. She said something along the line of "we barely have any healthy body parts now".

They have added more off-ice training but it was ineffective. TONG's bad knee makes warm up increasingly difficult, at the beginning of every session he needs to do many swizzles on ice, and even that is not always helpful.

They are not giving up the first GP despite of subpar physical condition and slower progress with their new programs. TONG also said "we cannot back up (now) because of difficulties, or it will be impossible to manage crucial competitions in the future. It's the most critical to bravely step onto the ice and finish the competition. If we see problems (at Skate America), we'll tackle them at home."

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

A coach posted on weibo that minor injury caused Kexin ZHANG to withdraw from GP. I am not exactly convinced though.

C_T_T_ and (deleted member) like this.
  12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:eek: That doesn't sound very promising. :(

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh god, that sounds horrible. They just need to let go and rest!

But it looks like the fed is pushing them to do this :(.

14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Poor P/T :(

I was really looking forward to seeing them this season. I still hope they do well.

15. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I enjoy P&T skating but I do hope they take care of their health. Suffering pain and relying on drugs(to ease the pain) in old age is not worth it IMO.

16. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

We can now only hope they don't hurt themselves any more than that in SA. So wish their speedy recovery.

17. worldsnice12

worldsnice12 Member

Oh no :(
    She is one of the skaters I was really looking forward to see again this season..I hope she will continue!!

18. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Cross posting from GP alternates thread:

So Z/W becomes W/W...

19. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

more #hearsayinfo from tieba: SUI Wenjing / HAN Cong withdrew from COC, WANG Wenting / ZHANG Yan gets the spot.

20. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

It's official as of today on the ISU site - see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-(continued)&p=3715080&viewfull=1#post3715080

ETA:
    jjane45, I've re-posted your translation summary of the Pang/Tong article in the Skate America articles thread - thank you for all of your updates!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  21. jlai

jlai Title-less

22. rayhaneh

rayhaneh Active Member

骨骺炎 is an inflammation (炎) of what I guess is the epiphysis (骨骺 - couldn't find a dictionary to confirm that, but it has to do with the end of the bone, at any rate)

23. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Any news on Nan Song?

24. jlai

jlai Title-less

25. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

She has Osgood-Schlatter disease IMO

26. yunasashafan

yunasashafan Member

27. rayhaneh

rayhaneh Active Member

Repost from Eislauffan:

"Nan Song was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. He was to be released today (Sunday) and should rest for two weeks I heard this morning. I don't think we'll see him in Paris for Trophee Bompard."

28. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Hope Song has a swift recovery.

Love the quad twist by P/Z at CoC :)

29. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Cross posting my post from the CoC SONG Nan injury thread:

(((SONG Nan))) Fans reported that he attended the CoC banquet with neck support, but was in good spirits. SONG Nan had 2 weibo posts on 11/3: "I cannot remember anything, what happened to me?" and "Can someone tell me what happened?"

Brief translation of Sina sports interview:

30. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Great picture of Song and Daisuke from the CoC banquet. This weibo post says Dai's coach Utako Nagamitsu won a Samsung galaxy phone at the raffle, she and Dai decided to give it to Song and wished him speedy recovery. Dai also said he hopes to see Song at 4CC.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    YukiNieve and (deleted member) like this.