Chinese fans to protest Patrick Chan's scores at GPF?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by dundas, Nov 23, 2010.

1. tina99

tina99 New Member

I agree with you. 99% Chinese figure skating fans love every skaters. every corner of the world exist childish guy and troublemaker.

2. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

:eek::eek::eek: :scream:

By the way, how old are you, after reading your comments I don´t think you´re more than 15-16?

3. luCN

luCN New Member

OH YES!I'm 15 forever:encore:like Johnny is 25 forever:D

melonmelon you know,the number who label themself as a Johnny fan increased so rapidly after the Poker Face poped up around the Olympics,but most of them didn't love Johnny's skating ability,they even don't know PF is a EX,not a competition program.Many old Johnny fans always love Mao a lot,and she and Johnny are good friends and get along well,you know.

and one thing I feel uncomfortable is I suspect someone want to get :bribe: from these things,especially when most people there are students...you know,everything become complex when connect with money.and while one of my friends is working for a print factory,I know some tricks....:violin:

ok,time for dinner,C U later

4. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Have no idea how to translate the Russian proverb (khuda bez dobra ne byvaet), which means something like that: any bad act results in at least one good consequence. Maybe the act of Chinese will make ISU do something about the system in general. I would prefer that this stuff would happen in a more civil manner though. But if this option is not available, somehow I understand those fans' feelings. ISU has been over the line with the judging system for long enough. Chan is just the worst result of the corrupted system that does require some healthy modifications.

5. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Banners dissing a skater would not be any fun.

The best protest banner I have ever seen was a huge "Silence is Gold" to a certain Japanese announcer in 2007 Worlds. That was just :rofl:
    It was taken down before the real competition (which was good) and he kept talking nonsense, nonstop anyway (which was unfortunate).

Someone managed to do it without getting in any trouble right before Vancouver :shuffle:

6. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

There's going to be fans at GPF in China? No wait....there's going to even be people there? After the showing at CoC...:(

7. NMURA

NMURA Member

One thing I'm sure, there will be the biggest "cheer" or "boo" after Chan's scores are announced.

8. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Exactly. :lol:

9. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Figure skating is becoming very "unfun" to watch. I don't think Patrick deserves the scores he gets at times either, but I believe other skaters/teams benefit from unfair judging at times as well.

10. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

This is so wrong.

11. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I don't think it's right to demonstrate against a particular skater. Demonstrate against the JUDGES, because they're the ones who are doing the overscoring.

I loved the 'mushroom' protest at CoR!

12. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

Miki never WON any events with splats, let alone 3-4 falls.

13. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I too was at that event, but my impression was different from yours. I sensed anger toward FP-M's win although they skated well, but only half of the team was doing difficult things. My impression was that they would have accepted A&P's win even though it meant B&K not winning. A&P were both better ice dancers. The fans would have been disappointed with their win, but not angry enough to walk out before the national anthem of the winners. I think the anger toward FP-M may have been enhanced by D&V's low placement too, but mainly it was directed toward the gold medallists whom the crowd did not see as worthy of a gold. Just my impression though, for what it's worth.

14. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Exactly.

15. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

Not really. If you look at all the past ladies events, most ladies program are always 5-6 max, and 7 triples programs are rare. For ladies 5 is good, 6 is great, 7 triples (u could be a world champ).

16. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

ITA! It would also make the point better than anti-Chan posters -- which would only look idiotic if he skated absolutely cleanly.

17. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

I think boycott maybe a little overboard, same as targeting a skater. But they are only showing what they feel about the sport. I get many peoples feel confused and fedup with THE INCONSISTENCY IN JUDGING. If a skater stumble on a jump, and the judges are giving GOE range from zero to +GOE, it screaming something about the system. If there are no fans, there will be no sport.

Best thing is if the score show up like that again, just BOOOOO and get out of the arena. If more than half of the peoples get up and leave, I am sure FSU will notice.

18. Squibble

Squibble New Member

Oh, yes she did! ;)

19. cem2

cem2 Member

Or maybe the ISU should stop people from putting up insulting banners before thing get out of hand..

20. cem2

cem2 Member

surely you mean before the pairs and dance competion at Salt Lake City

21. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

OMG, Patrick is the new Yag vs Plush, Tara vs Michelle, YuNa vs Mao...but alone !
    He has more threads than anyone else.
    He is a genius, I tell you ;)

22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I know, but her PCS scores have been mega inflated, in my opinion.

23. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Will there be counter-protests by the Chanadians? The Chan Clan?

24. L'amour

L'amour New Member

I think this coud be nice way to tell judges that fans, skaters, coach etxc aren't stupid.

25. heo-wikki

heo-wikki New Member

I think it is great that the Chinese are able to protest...even if I do not agree. Maybe this is what FS needs, a new controversy. :cool:

26. _Lola_

_Lola_ New Member

I miss FSU snarky-ness in this thread!

IMO, there is no better way to express feelings towards chanflation than subtle sarcasm.
    I'd support this banner.

By the way, the 'mushroom' banner mentioned above was created by Johnny's fans from his Russian web-site ;)

27. Judy

Judy New Member

I wouldn't support it for any skater to have such a thing displayed at an event. Very poor taste.

28. midori

midori Well-Known Member

No I mean before the men competition at Vancouver.

29. FrouFrou

FrouFrou New Member

Hmmm...interesting. Never knew a minority of Chinese fans felt so strongly about this. Chan's pcs is ridiculous, but the banner would be carrying things a bit far.

By the way, is this disdain by the Chinese fans mere frustration being polarized? Or is it somewhat fueled by negative American Born Chinese sentiment or in Chan's case, CBC? Or is it completely unrelated? I'm only asking because I've recently learned of this terminology/mindset from a friend.

30. RobinA

RobinA Active Member

Sheesh, tell me. Chan at least deserves better PCS scores than most, certain Chinese pairs...not so much.