Chinese fans to protest Patrick Chan's scores at GPF?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by dundas, Nov 23, 2010.

1. dundas

dundas Banned Member

2. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Kudos to them for their gutsy courage! Their banner should read, "We're All Watching and We're Not Stupid". Then remind them that Santa Claus is Coming to Town! :p

3. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

How very childish.

4. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

No different than when the fans left the building for when Barbara Fusar-Poli & Maurizio Margaglio won World's in Vancouver 2001.

Fans can do whatever they want... there is always someone wuzrobbing somewhere

5. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I think leaving the building is far less offensive that putting a banner up. It's not Patricks fault that the judges love him so much. Like it was never Yuna's fault that the judges liked her so much. Now if someone put a banner up in Canada a couple of years ago saying "Mira, we can see your knickers" it would be a different story. ;)

6. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

While I think Patrick is overscored, I do not support putting anti- Chan banners; in fact, I vehemently oppose it. I even thought " Free Fernandez" banner was not funny at COR, but too agressive.
    It is NOT a skater's fault that they currently are being elevated by the judging system. I do not want Patrick, or anybody, to face negative banners and feel persecuted. What they are doing is hard as it is!!!
    If the Chinese want to continue the Russian banner " No magic mushroom, judge right", that's fine. But NO mention of patricular skaters! Or pass on your opinion to the Federations and judges privately, in letters, e-mails, whatever. No personal attacks on skaters, please.

7. casken

casken Well-Known Member

:lol: at some Chinese fans thinking other skaters are overscored. Have they been not watching pairs the last ten years?

venja and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Passing notes to the judges is a big no no. They could get in trouble themselves for doing that because it is trying to influence results.

And anyway what point would they be proving. Because they are probably a different group of judges to ones who have been judging the GP events so far this season.

Anyway the argument over whether Chan is overmarked is no different to the arguments over a number of other skaters who have been "gifted" for PCS when they have very few transitions or lacked any real choreography, regardless of whether they had clean programs.

9. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

If they are making a sign for Chan, then they need to make one for Ando as well :saint:

10. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Ando hasnt been winning events with PCS but with TES. And that she is doing so with only 5 triples is telling to the sad state of the ladies field this season thus far.

bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  11. aaron

aaron New Member

Poor Patrick :( He's a Chinese origin I believe. He would feel terrible to be welcomed like that.

12. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Another vote for the magic mushrooms.

14. judgejudy27

The fans would have done that if anyone other than Bourne & Kraatz won that year which makes it hard to take them seriously.

15. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

The communists take their international events very seriously. I doubt they will allow protests to mar such an event.

kosjenka and (deleted member) like this.
  16. luCN

luCN New Member

I am a Chinese figure skating fan.

and I know these stupid children.They chased skaters as a stalker and made them really unhappy in the Artisty on Ice and Cup of China.

and now they want to destroy the GPF.

actually,they are not even skating fans,Most of them are under 20,many of them under 18,they never seen figure skating before,and It's a shame that some of them says they did this for Johnny,but they just watched maybe ONLY ONE Poker Face Video.

I hate them.and most Chinese figure skating fans hate them too.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  17. luCN

luCN New Member

We true skating fans in China really feel sad and angry about them,but they never listen to others,never know the rules,never watch the competitions.

The only thing they do is to chase the stars they love and annoyed them,really feel the shame.

Maybe ISU should move COC and GPF to other countries,I really feel losing face to watch a match with them and their's silly banners together

18. luCN

luCN New Member

ok,I've calmed down.

anyway,we can see crazy and stupid children in every countries,not that surprise.╮(╯_╰)╭

ok,let them show their incredible-low IQ.

but please understand——not all the Chinese figure skating fans are as stupid as those silly donkeys.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

luCN, thank you for sharing your point of view. Don't worry, we don't think all Chinese figure skating fans are alike or have the same opinions. :)

20. bek

bek Guest

I think the fans shouldn't single out one skater like that. Patrick isn't the only skater who benefits from some crazy scores.

A much stronger and fair protest would be if fans held up signs like "Reward Cleanish Skates-Punish Messy Ones." Or, Judge Based on the Skate-Not Reputation." Patrick is not the only skater who benefits from reputation marks.

21. rouge

rouge New Member

ITA:wall:
    It's ashamed to say but these "fans" are really annoying. I wonder how many fs events they are planning to ruin.:eek:
    It seems Chan feels good about his chinese origin. Wish him good luck at GPF.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  22. luCN

luCN New Member

Thank you for your reply.I think most FSU members are intellect and friendly so I don't worry about that very much.:D

just hope all the FSU members know what exactly our Chinese figure skating fans think,and don't be represented by some jerks.:lol:

forget to mention,tieba is a mess board like paris hilton's blog,many people just give vent to everyone without reasons,forget that,we have some good forum in chinese like FSU though.

23. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Patrick is not the only skater to benefit from unfair judging but his scores have been glaringly high/unfair since last year. It's been much more unfair than the usual FS debatable results.

However, I think it will be in poor taste for fans to protest before he has even skated. What if he really pulls off a great performance at GPF? It will look silly to have those banners in that case. I would say wait and see what happens. If the unfairness still persists at GPF, then fans may want to express their displeasure using banners or whatever else (as long as it does not physically hurt anyone).

emason and (deleted member) like this.
  24. luCN

luCN New Member

Well,I don't think it will make any sense.

If they DO want to do something,then they SHOULD demonstrate outside the ISU head office.not to mess up a competition while others want to watch.

25. wqypatience

wqypatience New Member

It's a shame to see these personal attacks to your own fellow. Maybe you are no better than those poor children.

Besides, the girl in the tieba is just asking opinions. She doesn't know what to do so she is asking, and many people have already advised her not to put banners or pass notes. Please do not abuse others to boast yourself.

26. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

I actually think they would have been supportive of A&P winning--they had many fans in Canada; the audience could appreciate the quality of their skating. I think that with F-P&M it had to do with the fact that he was nowhere near the level of many of the other ice dancers. I really liked Barbara and always wished she could find a partner who could match her.

27. luCN

luCN New Member

wow,can I get any benefits from the fame on a foreign forum? It makes me laugh.:lol:

wqypatience ,if you know what they did during the AOI show and COC,you will know why I said those above.

If you don't know the beginning and end,please don't make a conclusion quickly.:watch:

28. judgejudy27

I guess we will never know but I was in the audience for that event as well and I always got the impression no result other than Bourne & Kraatz winning would have pleased people (which shows how out of touch with reality many were as everyone who seriously knows skating knew B&K were one of 3 teams battling for the bronze that year and would have been ecstatic with that). I didnt sense alot of excitement for the crowd towards Anissina & Peizerat either, so I doubt their winning would have enthused alot more, despite that their winning over the Italians would have actually been the correct result (well except for Sussie Wynne, LOL). The only team other than B&K in the final flight who seemed to be greatly received by the audience were Drobiazko & Vanagas who came only 5th (albeit another controversial placing).

29. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Don't be upset and do not give any shit on them, luCN.
    As you may know "Empty vessels make the most sound (or 虛張聲勢)." I bet any of them will be at the arena or near the venue. Enjoy the GPF!

30. melonmelon

melonmelon New Member

When I went to the Artistry on Ice,
    I saw one Johnny Wier fan who don't know Mao Asada :lol:
    I don't think other chinese fans are like that.