Cher turns 65!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Really, May 20, 2011.

1. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

She may have had (self-admitted) 'work' done, but I still think she's one of the most beautiful women in the world. And her 'work' beats the sh*t out of the likes of Joan Rivers.

Happy Birthday, Cher!

Photos of Cher throughout the years...

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

loved seeing all those photos! I think my favorites are actually those from the sonny & cher days where she isn't really posing, and she almost looks plain - except there's still this magnetism to her.

that aerobics photo!!! :rofl: :scream: oh, the '80s....

3. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I love the fact that she's always had a fantastic sense of humor about herself - and is genuinely talented.

And that even while Burlesque was a (really, really, really enjoyable) train wreck, she looked like she was having a fantastic time doing it. I really enjoyed seeing her in it.

And it's definitely true that her work actually looks pretty damned good on her. I remember seeing a program on VH1 where she said she'd heard a quote once that after the apocalypse, the only living things on earth would be cockroaches and Cher, and laughing. I still smile when I think of that.

4. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Long before Madonna, she was the original 'shock' celebrity. Her costumes in the 70s were quite revealing - I remember as a 4 yr. old watching her sing 'Half Breed' straddled on a Horse with little more than a feather headdress, and I've been gay ever since :D

5. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Cher! :cheer2:

6. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

She really is a striking woman. My favorite photo is the second one, black and white with her hair up. Of course, when someone mentions Cher, it's the long straight hair image that comes to mind for me.

I don't like the plumped-up lips on anyone. If the idea is to make you look younger, can't they make the lips look like they really looked then?

7. sbmeagain

sbmeagain Active Member

Happy Birthday Cher, I'm right behind you...1949.

8. skaternum

skaternum Grooving!

Awesome. Two more years until she can be forced to retire! <ducks>

9. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I think it would be really really nice if she and Madonna would let themselves age gracefully. In my opinion they just make fools of themselves. Just my opinion.

millyskate and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

It is shame about the work because I have always thought she was a beautiful woman. But I love how she has never taken herself too seriously.

11. Octoberopals

Octoberopals Well-Known Member

She's got a GREAT plastic surgery doctor. I've always thought her beautiful, regardless.

12. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

That's my favorite as well. I like all of the black and white ones; I think because her electricity shines through so well.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  13. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Well, she'll find out soon enough. ;)

14. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

I like the second photo too. I've always thought her stunning, and I have always enjoyed her singing. Her ability to act shocked so many people; I absolutely love "Moonstruck" and while the critics may trash "Burlesque" I thoroughly enjoyed it (as much for Christina Aguliera as Cher).

Her son, Chaz, was on Piers Morgan a week ago. He said his mother struggled with his transgender-ness at first, but has been very supportive of him all through the process. He seemed very understanding of how difficult it would be for a mother to get used to having a child of one gender after treating that child as the other gender for some 30 years. When Piers asked him about living with such an icon, he said he knew she was a star, but to him she was just mom. Seems to me like Cher and Chaz have a pretty decent relationship.

15. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

I really like the black and white photo with her hair in an updo. Very pretty and I love her eyelashes. I know that sounded weird lol. I just have a thing for long, thick, curly eyelashes. Maybe it's because I want it and can never have it. Sigh.

16. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Cher is an amazing singer and actress.

Though she gave a great performance in Moonstruck, I enjoyed watching her much more in The Witches of Eastwick, Silkwood and Suspect.

And while she looks ageless due to all her plastic surgeries, I thought she looked the best during her years with Sonny Bono.

Happy Birthday to her! :)

17. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I love the high couture photos and yes, the first black and white is lovely.

I want this dress. I can't believe I want a dress of Cher's!!! :eek:

18. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Does her birthday have anything to do with the Rapture? God hates those who worship Cher, ye shall all be smote. :yikes:

19. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

She looks beautiful there. Really natural and serene.

20. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Whilst I hate the idea of cosmetic surgery, I do have a soft spot for Cher. She doesn't take herself too seriously, and I think she gets away with her cosmetic work far more than anyone else.

Happy Birthday!

21. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

That 5th picture looks just like Donatella Versace. A little ghoulish for my taste, but to each hi own.

22. Ares

Ares Guest

I remember when I was little my mom had this book on a bookshelf in our kitchen and I was always creeped out by the scary lady looking at me. :lol:

I later grew to respect and appreciate Cher. I've never really been into her music but there's no denying she is a legend.

She does look great, although, she would look better with less lip filler. A little goes a long way when it comes to lips.

23. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I love her music.

24. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

To me this is the best statement of a good life -mom and son who obviously love each other and accept each other for who they are even if it has been difficult at times.

25. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Hope Cher has time to check out this thread. :D May your next 65 be even more fruitful than the first 65! :40beers:

Thanks for joining the celebration...:rolleyes:

26. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

The dress is totally :swoon: (but to want it, I'd first need the body that fits in... maybe I'd take the eyes too :lol:)

27. Ares

Ares Guest

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.