Cheltzie Lee sparkles in her role as an alternate

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by jlai, Jun 14, 2010.

1. jlai

jlai Title-less

PeterG, flutzilla1, LynnW and 3 others like this.
  2. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

thanks for posting, she's a very talented and amiable young woman. :)

3. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

Thanks for sharing this great article about Cheltzie! :cheer2:

4. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Nice article. Thanks for posting!

:lol: Love that she was given the "choice" to do Olympics or Junior Worlds. Hmmm, tough one.:rofl:

5. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I really like Cheltzie and can't wait to see her next season. :cheer2:

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Copied over from the Grand Prix thread :):

7. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

She sounds like a very mature and intelligent young lady, and I hope she's able to get more training time in so that she can fully realize her potential, which seems to be significant. She just has that *it* factor on the ice.

8. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

She is so adorable and was one of the highlights of the Olympics! Looking forward to seeing what she's able to do this upcoming season. She does have some US roots; perhaps she can snag a Skate America spot?

ETA: Oh, I see they already assigned Skate America spots... never mind.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  9. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Catarina Lingrend...Tom Dickson's wife! :)

10. aussieSKATES

aussieSKATES Member

For more information about Cheltzie, click here to check out her official website.

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Agreed. She was outstanding at the Olympics even though she was in one of the groups of lower-ranked competitors.

12. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I hope Cheltzie get a GP assignment! She was so exciting at the Olympics and I really enjoyed watching her!

13. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Cheltzie spent her weekend at the Canterbury rink during Hollins Trophy. I think she was learning Technical Panel stuff. Which is good to see.

14. isk8junkie

isk8junkie New Member

Quite often she volunteers at competitions for data entry or video cutting. Cheltzie seems to give back to the sport as much as she can. I know my girls and I absolutely adore her. She has all the time in the world for her fellow skaters!

15. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I wonder if she'll start including the more difficult triples this season. She can certainly do the lutz, loop and flip in practice.

16. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

That must be what she was doing. Good to hear.

17. isk8junkie

isk8junkie New Member

essence_of_soy wrote:
    This is true but she also has this amazingly HUGE 3toe 3toe combo, picture perfect when she does it. She's got great technique with a personality to match. I haven't seen her on the ice much in preparation for the season though.

Cheltzie seems to come back from the USA doing some pretty amazing stuff, I just don't get why we don't see it in competition. No doubt she's an amazing talent but it's time to see some of those tricks in competition!!

I hope she has a GREAT season!

18. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

That's good she has those tricks in her reportoire. But Cheltzie is going to have to step it up if she hopes to compete against the new generation of Russian, Japanese and U.S. ladies on the scene. The salchow and the toe loop won't be enough.

19. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Last season she was brand new on the senior scene and probably just wanted to skate cleanish at the Olympics and Worlds and make a mark, which she did for the most part.

Starting this coming season she can't do 3 2axels anymore so unless she eases one of her 2axels into a lower double jump she will be forced to try at least one upper tier triple. :cheer:

If she really has all the basic triples, then perhaps this isn't too ambitious?

3lutz2toe
    3flip
    3loop
    3toe
    3sal2toe2toe
    3sal
    2axel - 2axel

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

You should tell her she has so many fans here on FSU. :)

Doing the jumps in practice is one thing, competition another.

As Marco said, I imagine she wanted to skate clean in her first senior season and she pretty much succeeded in doing that. :)

Hopefully as she gets more comfortable with the harder jumps and combination and once their success rate becomes really high, she is going to start to include them in her programs. :)

HisWeirness and (deleted member) like this.
  21. isk8junkie

isk8junkie New Member

Come to think of it.....I don't think I've EVER seen her do a 3loop in practice, just 3t3t combs, 3flips and 3lz NEVER 3loop. I think all skaters have a jump they don't like MAYBE the loop is hers???

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I guess she won't be doing any Junior Comps next season then. :p

Shame because I think she would be capable of making the JGPF if she skated well.

23. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

If no loop then

3lutz
    3flip
    3toe2toe2toe
    3toe
    3sal2toe
    3sal
    2axel - 2axel

I love girls with no 3loops - Kwan, Kim, Liashenko, Meier, Nakano, Suguri, Elene G., Gao, and now Lee! Hmm who else? :p

24. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

It seems to be easier to name girls with 3Loop :hat1:

25. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I also love girls who heavily rely on the 3loop: Sokolova, Lepisto, Butyrskaya ;)

26. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Um IRINA? Queen of the loop jump. And some of the cute little Russian girls seem to be taking after her in that respect, particularly Anna Ovcharova and Adelina Sotnikova :).

27. pinky166

Gao did a 3lo at Junior Worlds and it was actually pretty good. You can download that FS off of fsvids

28. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

And Mighty Mao :)

29. pinky166

Mao too. Her programs are full of loops and I know she prefers doing 3-3s with 3lo on the end, even though for most people it's harder than a 3t.

30. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

Nice to read about this skater. Seeing her on TV was one of the best surprises of the US Olympic coverage - they didn't show too many of the non-contenders, but her journey from the "wait list" to Vancouver was a compelling sport story.

Kind of like Tugba's tale of the last couple of Olympics. With a bit of fan/FSU support, she could become yet another Obscure (Australasian) Skater who gets shown, if ever Worlds or 4CCs gets shown on TV again.