Changing Pairs partners for better success with next partner

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Apr 28, 2013.

1. dorianhotel

dorianhotel Active Member

Why did Jamie leave Jason Turner. I liked them as a team and I thought they had great potential.

2. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

You don't have to be defensive. Pairs is my favourite discipline and I enjpoy taking part in discussions about it. I asked a genuine question about what you intended to be discussed in this thread because I was confused.

3. chanunderrated

chanunderrated Member

She only won a bornze with Mueller. With Alexander Koenig she never won a medal, but missed a huge shot to at the 89 Worlds where they were 3rd in the short and would have easily won either silver or bronze in the field that year with a strong long program. That team never had another shot after that. With Mueller her only shot came at weak 98 Worlds and they took it and she finally got her long awaited World medal.

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Thanks for this information. I remember her skate with Koenig at the 1989 worlds. They had a total meltdown. Amazingly, overall they placed higher than a clean (and difficult) skate by Yamaguchi-Galindo. Even if they had skated relatively clean, I am not sure they would have beaten Bechke & Petrov (they too had a few mistakes but not major ones).

5. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

This is all about switching with both on the senior level? Not junior or between junior and seniors. Like Anissina/Averbukh.

6. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Harsh, and not true. She may not be well-liked, but to say she had no talent is completely absurd.

Rumours at the time were he wasn't willing to put in the extra work to strength train. Their lifts could be very scary, due in part to his lack of upper body strength, and :sekret: told me Jamie didn't always feel safe in the lifts.
    IIRC, Jason Turner didn't skate competitively after his split with Jamie.

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  7. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Thank you. I wish people could learn to separate their feelings about certain skaters from the reality of their abilities.