1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chan: "I've already accomplished everything."

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by johndockley92, Apr 1, 2012.

1. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

In an article released this morning in the Ontario Gazzete, Patrick Chan was quoted as saying, "I've already accomplished everything I can in the Men's division." Chan has indeed taken the sport by storm...

He continued to say, "I won everything I entered this year, and nearly everything the last couple years. I'm kinda getting bored with it."

When asked to explain further on this, Chan commented, "I think I'm gonna try Dance. I've always been told I have good edges and presentation. If I can do well in dance too, I think nobody will be able to compare to the results I put up."

Chan said that he was "considering several options" and that skating with Tanith Belbin was "at the top of his list".

You can read the full article Here

2. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

Is this any real surprise? Folks have been talking for months about this sort of possibility.

Did you see all the typos in that article? I mean, did the author even graduate from high school, or did she just get her GED instead? Somehow, I'd expect a bit better from The Ontario Gazette. No wonder readers left so many negative comments after the article!

;)

3. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Does Tanith still have Canadian citizenship? He could also try out with Shae Lynn.

4. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh, Chan & Shae Lynn -- now wouldn't that be something to see? OK, at least it would in my books.
    Are we sure this wasn't just an April Fool's joke?

5. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

People really should learn to click on the links :shuffle:

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

He doesnt have an Olympic medal yet so he shouldnt think that way. Then again maybe he just knows, like most of us do, he has the Olympic Gold in 2014 already engraved in his name, so just assumes it like all titles until the end of the 2014 season as his already, which makes sense.

7. aliceanne

I know the article clearly states he wants to skate with Tanith, but why not Shae Lynn?

8. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I suggest you actually click on the link, JudgeJudy.

9. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

if that's what he wants fine, just take alissa with you chan. thanks......

10. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I suggest you do the same, DickButtonFan.

11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

There is something very weird about this.......I don't trust it for a second.

12. ali_dorate

ali_dorate Active Member

Of course! It's April fool.

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:duh: Too many April fool threads today......this one got me

14. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Seriously? I didn't think anybody would fall for this. haha

15. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Wow people are stupid. :rofl:

16. pinky166

pinky166 #teamtrainwreck

Dang I was gonna say he'd look nice with Maia Shibutani...

17. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Lmao! Good one! Although I could sort of imagine him saying something like that.

18. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

So I guess all those rumors of Joannie Rochette quiting skating and training for the Ms. Olympia competitions are untrue?

19. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Damn. I really wished this was true.

20. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

OK, I admit, I didn't open the link ... and the joke was a job well done.

However, if Patrick should ever want to switch to dance I still think he should pair up with Shae Lynn. Maybe after Sochi? :lol: ;)

21. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

No fooling, huh? As soon as I read your post, without reading anyone else's nor even clicking on that "Here" I suspected it was an April Fool's joke. After checking the date you posted, I knew it.

I think Chan has grown a bit from his experiences with the media, and may even be receiving media training. Despite your "bored" phrasing being somewhat close to what Chan reportedly said to a Reuters reporter: "I barely have any interest anymore in how well I do in competitions...," your last sentence regarding one of his "options" being "skating with Tanith," was a total giveaway! :lol:

22. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Liza, Julia, Elena, Evgenia, Russian pairs

I could not find the article on that link. May be it's been removed already?

ETA: Just saw the post above mine- I can't believe I got fooled even on April 2nd! LOL.

23. aliceanne

It was wishful thinking on my part. I really wanted to see Chan skate with Tanith! Then we'd have to find a partner for Ben.

24. pinky166

pinky166 #teamtrainwreck

Tanith is probably taller than Patrick, that would not work well. I met Chan in person and he is TINY.