Champs Camp?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by judiz, Jun 11, 2010.

1. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a Champs Camp this year and if so, does anyone know when? (crossing fingers that it's during the week I'm in Colorado)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

August 26-29 in Colorado Springs (it's for the U.S. Senior Grand Prix skaters only).

3. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Oh well, it's a month after my visit, guess I'll have to settle for reading about it in Skating magazine.

4. grandma

grandma Active Member

what a pity for the Junior skaters, it must have always been very inspiring for the to meet up with the seniors.... is it because of financial problems?:confused:

5. Sylvia

This year there possibly could end up being a higher number of U.S. skaters with Senior Grand Prix assignments than the number of Team A and B envelope skaters combined (35), so I don't think $$$ is a reason.

6. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

More about Champs Camp:

http://usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=428

7. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

^ That's good news, so we'll have a sneak peek of some new programs in 2 months (if they'll be posted online).

8. Sylvia

Don't count on seeing any program videos posted from Champs Camp. Liberty and Skate Detroit are much better bets. :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  9. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll be posted online. I'm sure the monitoring sessions will be closed to all but USFS officials, skaters and coaches.

10. query5

query5 New Member

actually- i like this , that way the skaters and /or coaches know what the skater really needs to do for the competition.
    are they really prepared/ready for the senior grand prix events.
    i think this should have been done a long time ago. (i mean having to do the long and short programs ).

The summer competition some just do short, some just do long. So it wasn't really an harbinger of what the skater/team could do in the season, just more to assess their progress at that point; not to see if they was ready.

sorry my take or thought.

11. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

I would suggest going to Liberty, Detroit or Glacier Falls to watch those skaters that will be going to ISP seminars and monitoring. While you can't watch the monitoring sessions, many of the skaters will be competiting in the Junior and Senior events to be held prior.

I will give a plug for Glacier Falls Summer classic, to be held early August in Anaheim, CA.

See www.glacierfalls.com.

12. Tammi

Tammi Merlot lover

Even though the spectators may have only seen a sp or lp, the skaters are still required to do both during the monitoring sessions. The higher ranked teams could have the monitoring sessions at their home rinks, so I think combining it with Champs Camp now, just means the USFS officials won't have to travel around to the different home rinks.