Cell Phone Plan Question

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bonita, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

After over four years of marriage, and with money being an issue more than ever, I'm trying to get off the lazy train and consolidate my husband and my cell plans.

All we want is phone only, no texting, no internet, for two people. What monthly amount is "reasonable" for that? Our current service provider quoted me $60.00/month to consolidate. Right now we're paying two separate bills (my antique $25/month plan and his $50/month plan).

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Have you considered going with a pay by the minute phone? If you don't use your phone very much this could be significantly cheaper. However, if you use a lot of minutes then $60 for 2 phones isn't bad. How many minutes will that get you?

3. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I looked into a cell phone recently and could have got a plan for about $30.00 that allowed for a reasonable amount of minutes, given that I use it for business purposes. Texting was included.

4. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

550 daytime minutes, unlimited weekend, minutes carry over. My husband does use his phone a lot for business.

5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Don't know if you've already cut cable or internet, but you can get 2 phones for about $40 if you bundle on a Verizon FIOS plan. Only problem is that VZ does not have rollover minutes, so your husband won't be able to build a bank of minutes to use when work gets crazy.