Celebrity Apprentice

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I don't understand why the women thought the name "Prowess" would somehow be considered catty. :confused:

I have a feeling I'll be rooting for George Takei.

I think Cheryl Tiegs would have the most recognizable face.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I love Lisa Lampanelli, so I'm totally rooting for her :cheer:

I hope George Takei speaks up and makes a move as I'd like to see him do well.

The only thing I could figure out about "Prowess" was that it sort of sounds like "prowl" which is something cats do?!? :confused:

3. soxxy

soxxy Guest

If George can handle himself well in the boardroom, he'll be fine.

4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I just about lost it when someone asked where Victoria Gotti was and Lisa Lampanelli replied that she might be "in the trunk of a Lincoln Continental!"

5. soxxy

soxxy Guest

$305,000 from one person?? Patricia should come down on those who "held back" donors for their own upcoming tasks.

Trump may get on Patricia's case for not bringing back Tia.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I found her completely UNrecognizeable! :eek: Even after they said her whole name I was like Who?? Where?!? Although - I do find it heartening that a former supermodel would be willing to become a typical middle aged woman, especially sitting at a table with so much plastic surgery that the room was a certifiable fire hazard. :scream:

Actually, on the women's team, the only person that I both recognize (her name) AND recognize (her face) is Tia Carrere.

Men's team is working so well together - wonder how long that will last. :wall: to Trump and his typical homophobic comments. :eek:

7. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I probably still see Cheryl as being the Cover Girl makeup model I grew up watching (and I'm a lot older than Ivanka and a guy!) :lol:

Why did she go on the show if this "isn't right for me"? If you watch one episode of the Celebrity Apprentice, you know it's cut throat. She doesn't have the killer instinct, to say the least.

8. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

For me she will always be the model in Sports Illustrated who dared to pose for this picture.

I was in 6th grade when that issue of Sports Illustrated came out and turned all of the stinky, sweaty boys in the class into stinky, sweaty, nipple-obsessed horndogs :rofl:. All of the mothers were :eek: :drama: at the brazen hussy who was corrupting their sweet and innocent little boys :)HA!::rolleyes: ) with impure thoughts about pulling their pud 24/7 :grope:.

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Sad to see Cheryl go,
    However, I have to agree that she seemed uncomfortable with/not suited for this show.

10. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

But Aubrey O'Day has the most followers on Twitter! Pay attention!

Never mind that right before she announced that, we were thinking of googling to find out who on earth she was. :rofl:

I think the men's team is way ahead on recognizable faces.

11. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I have successfully resisted the impulse to Google her. Glad there's someone else who doesn't know who she is. Sure has a big opinion of herself.

12. genevieve

I still don't know who the hell Aubry O'Day is or why she and her shellacked orange Adele hairdo are on the show.

And my brother had one of Cheryl Tiegs' posters on his wall for years. I'm really familiar with her - but I still didn't recognize her on the show :shuffle:

I wonder if The Donald is having a hard time getting women to sign on to the show. The men's team seems like a decent mix of celebrities from different areas, and varying degrees of current popularity/relevance, while the women's team is more of a grab bag of who? I wonder if Trump pulled in a lot of favors - he knows Victoria Gotti, he's got connections to Miss Universe. It might explain how Cheryl got on a show that really wasn't for her if she just did it as a favor.

ETA: ok, I gave in an googled Aubrey. She was in MTV's Making the Band, and was in the girl group Danity Kane that resulted. Apparently they sold some records, but I don't recall any of their songs. She also was a stage actress before and after that period. What I really needed to know was her age - she's only 28!!! :eek:

13. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I never heard of Aubrey before this episode. Wish I still had never heard of her. Hope The Donald will be saying "You're Fired!" to her real soon.

Tia's gone before she even got started, thanks to an innocent friendly, agreeable remark that she would be okay if Patricia took her to the boardroom. The Donald and Ivanka have already put her on Your Fired Row.

Penn and that guy who was on Dancing with the Stars seemed to be trying to lead the guys. They are my early predictions to win the contest. I'd prefer the winner to be George Takei. Can't wait to see him be project manager.

14. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Didnt Aubrey say to the cameras that her face would be readily recognized because of her double platinum records - I have never seen or heard of her in my life!:lol: Did she really think she'd be more recognizable than Cheryl Tiegs.

I knew it was Cheryl but I had no idea she was 65! Dont know whether it's the HDTV that made her hair look dry and her face a little lumpy, maybe it's the fillers?

And why now is Theresa Guidice having her last name pronounced differently? I remember from the RHNJ it was pronounced "Jew-dice", and now it's being pronounced more Italian-like.

I recognized Tia Carerre, Cheryl, Theresa, but that was about it for the women.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  15. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Of the women, I recognized Cheryl, Tia, Victoria and Debbie. I was familiar with all the men. Rooting for George.

16. skatesindreams

Adam irritates me no end.
    What an ego!

He fancies himself more important than he is.
    I can't picture him as a leader/good project manager.
    I doubt he'll last; as his "attitude" toward his fellow contestants becomes more obvious.

17. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Really? I didn't read him that way at all. I think Adam is a tiny bit "autistic-like", in a sense that he just says things as he thinks them. When he had Lisa Lampanelli on his show they laughed that while everyone seemed a little intimidated in the boardroom he would just speak his mind even if not asked. Same with his radio show and comedy act. He said he doesn't act, he just says what he thinks. It didn't sound egoistical or asshol-ish, it's just the way he is. He might not realize how he comes off sometimes but I don't think he means any harm.

Anyway, I forgot how heavily-edited the show is, I haven't watched in years.

The women's team. Sigh. The Jersey housewife was supposed to be the most recognizable face? WTF? I'd never seen her and heard about her in my life. Same thing for the little Miss Me. Aubrey WHO? And the way she acts, I can't really blame them for giving her the idiot edit. BTW, she's not bad-looking but makes herself look so much older and the hair and wide eyes make her look like she's getting electrocuted.

I hated Clay's hair when he left to do The Apprentice as it seemed like he colored it himself (and too dark) and his dogs styled it as well as ate parts of it, but it doesn't look as bad on TV. Then again, if you're on a show with Donald Trump and Victoria Gotti, your hair will always look better. :lol: BTW, thanks The Apprentice show for making Clay use Twitter! :)

Speaking of Gotti, what happened to her? She looks like a crypt keeper. She probably was late because it takes hours and hours to attach that huge mass of fake-looking hair.

I kind of like Lisa outside the show, but her act can get tiresome after a while. I mean, there's just so many times you can put the C-word in a sentence. I hope she's not a Kathy Griffin type, can't stand the cliche - an ugly girl/guy goes out of their way to insult others which is a way of preservation for them; a defense by offense shield they're trying to hide behind because inside they're the most insecure people ever. But Lisa seems pretty smart and can be witty and hilarious. "Victoria Gotti is lazier than Paris Hilton's left eye. Besides, if I wanna work with an Italian imbecile, I'll join the cast of Jersey Shore." :rofl: Even a friend of mine who loves Jersey Shore laughed at that. But most importantly, Lisa seems to be able to laugh about herself. Thankfully she doesn't have to be "on" all the time, as the first episode showed. BTW, she thought Aubrey was very smart and had a great voice... Oy.

Donald seems to have loosened up up as the years went by. He almost laughed at times trying to be "stern". His children have taken on the role, though. Their "I'll try to speak as a very important person" voice modulations made me laugh. :lol:

18. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Sad that the women lost because I like Patricia, am a fan of her role in the Mummy as Anuk Su Namun. On the women's team I will be rooting for her, Tia, and Dayana (LOVED her as Miss Universe).

On the men's team I am definitely cheering for George. He defended himself really well in the boardroom yesterday. Other than that I don't really care for the men's team at the moment. Not a fan of Penn though in his previous shows but so far I think he is a very good competitor on the Apprentice.

19. WindSpirit

I felt sad for her because she did raise a lot of money and then lost it all. Also, her charity is much smaller than Make A Wish, and I think 126K would have been a lot of money for them. Here's a link, if someone would like to help her get some of the money back: The Wayuu Taya Foundation Those bags they sell look very nice.

I've always liked Tia, too. Too bad she's started messing with her face. I wish people didn't feel the need to do that. That's why I found Patricia so refreshing. Not only was she classy, smart, articulate but she looked completely natural. Loved looking at her hair after that mess that Victoria Gotti wore on her head. She looked like Dee Snider on stage in the 80s.

Speaking of Dee Snider, he seems like a really cool guy. I saw the Celebrity Wife Swap with him and he has a great family. Has been married to the same woman for 35 years (she's hot), they have a bunch of kids who are artistic and colorful, but well-behaved and well-adjusted.

I think Penn was more of a leader in the first challenge than Paul. And he was good at it, too. There's nothing that endears me to Paul. Big muscles, short temper and emotionally stunted. Completely oblivious to how his behavior affects others.

Lou, on the other hand, seems sweet. I found his face strangely attractive (great haircut, too).

Here's a video of Clay and Lisa talking about the show and fellow contestants: Up Close with Clay Aiken & Lisa Lampanelli

20. genevieve

pretty much the only thing I've heard about this season is
    that Lou Ferrigno has a terrible temper and causes a lot of drama

Agree about Tia's face :( She used to be so beautiful.

Also that george defended himself very well in the boardroom. I hope he does very well on the season.

I kinda liked Victoria Gotti in the boardroom too, even though her hair is a frightshow.

21. genevieve

The men's team is getting along too well, so Trump had to poke them with a stick a bit. :EVILLE:

The women's team is a MESS. I appreciated how Victoria's hair magically doubled in volume and got rather curly in the ride on the elevator (plus she got a stylin coat).

22. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Kind of sad to see Victoria Gotti leave. I was hoping to see her be the project manager and see how she handles that.

She was very childish and I think she felt she was being treated as "old" and not getting the attention of the younger women.

Hilarious her spelling of medieval "mid-evil" and like Lisa pointed out she's supposed to be an author!:lol:

23. alchemy void

alchemy void Well-Known Member

Watched this instead of the Oscars last night, yes, I'm classy like that. :lol:

Like others have mentioned, the women's team is a shitshow (even moreso than usual). I'm disappointed Gotti was kicked off because she's at least entertaining in her bitchiness (ala Dionne Warwick last year). I found Lisa thoroughly underwhelming, unfunny, and annoyingly loud as project manager. The only women I like are Miss Universe (cant be bothered to remember her name yet :lol: ), Marta--oops, Patricia,and Debbie Gibson (i sense a glimmer of crazy, hope I'm right).

Best snark of the night, courtesy of Clay Aiken: while watching the boardroom in the suite, he comments that Aubrey feels insecure because she's not the prettiest one there with Miss Universe's presence. And then adds, "and Victoria Gotti too" or something to that effect. So bitchy. :cheer: I'm not a fan AT ALL of Clay's music, but I hope he can keep up the snark.

The mens team has so much more talent and charisma than the ladies, can anyone see them not winning the next several tasks?

BTW Dee Snyder in drag might have been the most hideously funny thing I've ever seen. :rofl:

24. PDilemma

I couldn't see any way that the men's team was going to lose a challenge with a performance and audience vote. There is some one on that team to appeal to about everyone in that audience and they did a great job highlighting every single one. Meanwhile, the women's team is a collection of "who's that again?"

I was initially all for firing Victoria. But, in retrospect, I think her complaint about being the only one not in their show was valid. The men didn't have anyone from the team "stage manage". Unless I missed that, it appeared they gave a script with light/sound cues to the Medieval Times people--thus the push for George to not ad lib.

25. WindSpirit

I really wanted to like Lisa. Like I said before, I didn't want her to turn out to be the "ugly woman on the defense by offense" cliche... but I'm afraid that's exactly what she is. She's probably pretty smart, but she seems very insecure. I hoped she'd have more finesse than that. She "leads" by being a tyrant, which means she doesn't really lead people, she pushes them. I noticed that already last week that she seemed shocked that when she started to speak the sea didn't immediately part with respect. Patricia didn't seem to have a problem making people listen, and she didn't do it by yelling and throwing fits.

It was clear Lisa was gunning for Victoria and Dayana from the beginning. I hate it when people won't give someone a chance when you're supposed to be a freaking team. If someone screws up, let them know, but don't assume they're going to screw up and don't make everything to make them screw up so you can have your self-fulfilling prophesy. Victoria might be a lazy piece of work but I actually felt sorry for her in the last episode. She was left out on purpose. Not cool. And when they were yelling at each other, I would have fired both of them. What a mess. They made all women seem insane. As for Dayana, Lisa did ignore her suggestions and would not let her talk. Dayana seems smart and articulate, I'm afraid the ugly truth is that Lisa can't stand her because she is beautiful and Lisa is not. If I were Dayana and Trump asked me whom I would fire, I'd say Lisa. Lisa is stronger than Victoria, you get rid of those opponents first. :p

I'm not sure how much you know about Clay but he is deliciously snarky. He's also very self-depreciating which usually offsets anything he says that people might find offensive. Sometimes he does go a little too far like he felt he did when he said that even Victoria was prettier than Aubrey, so he apologized for that saying that he made an ass out of himself trying to go for a laugh. But judging from his other comments about Aubrey's actions on the show, I think he thinks she's an airhead. Which would make her an unarmed opponent in a battle of wits and she hasn't challenged him to any, so I'm not surprised he backed out of it. You don't go for someone who's unarmed and who doesn't need any help in making people laugh at them.

I like it when he spares with someone who's at his level. When he toured with Ruben they were playing off each other so well sometimes they had to stop and ensure the audience they were just joking because some people were getting worried a fight might break out. And right after Clay told them they were just joking he'd follow it with "He's afraid to fight me." Ruben did manage to bust his lip up with a mic, though. Clay said, "I'll get over that. It'll heal... and blood tastes fine." :rofl: I love his deadpan humor. That's what actually endeared me to him in the first place. He's very smart, quit-witted and naturally hilarious. He's also business savvy. And no matter what he says to the contrary, he likes to win. He's perfect for this competition.

One more thing, I know some people criticized him for telling George to stick to the script because specific words were cues for the sound and lights people. I'm not sure if all shows are run like this but that's what Clay does with his. And he certainly knows what can happen when you miss those cues. Like when the curtain doesn't go up because the person who works the curtain is waiting for you to sing one specific word which that night is the one that you just happened to forget. :lol: But at his own show Clay can just go out and laugh about it; they didn't have any room for mistakes in this task. The show lasted all but 15 minutes. Any mistakes would be glaring.

Last but not least, is Dee amazing or what? I like Penn's leadership skills. Lou took it a little too seriously (especially since he and George knew in advance that Penn was going to pick them), but overall the men's team works so well together. As a woman I hate the fact that the women's team looks like a hot mess. And yes, Lisa, you're one of the main reasons.

26. skatesindreams

I'm looking forward to seeing how Clay does as a Project Manager.

I was totally unimpressed by Lisa: A self-important bitchy woman without leadership ability.
    Who would want to "follow" her?

27. genevieve

I was really hoping Lisa would tell Trump to stop interrupting her in the boardroom :EVILLE:

28. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I love Dayana, a big fan since she won Miss Universe.

And loved it last night when she just sat there in the middle looking all pretty while Lisa and Victoria knaw each other's head off.

29. madm

madm Active Member

I think the men's team had a stage manager and it was Michael Andretti (I thought he was introduced at the very end). I didn't see him in the boardroom though. Is he still on the team?

30. PDilemma

He didn't do the sound and light cues. He was helping with entrances/exits/people in their places, but I'm not entirely sure he didn't also appear in some capacity. The Medieval Times people did their sound and lights with a script with cues written in it--confirmed that reading the TWOP recap. Lisa actually did shove Victoria out of the way into an unnecessary job. I'm sure that crew does sound and lights with script cues every single day and would have managed without her just as they did with the men. I've directed somewhere around 15 high school drama productions. If I can hand script cues to a bunch of teenagers and have sound and lights run on cue with one full tech rehearsal---the professionals there didn't need a body sitting up there telling them when to sound a trumpet.

Victoria was a baby about the whole thing, but she wasn't wrong in saying she was shoved out of the way for the task. And they could have had fun with the whole mob thing in their skit if they had used her.