Celebrity Apprentice Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by martian_girl, Mar 15, 2010.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Sharon has at least three kids, two of whom appeared on the Osbournes, Kelly and Jack. Perhaps it was the combination of her being sick and her own problems with her own kids that made her so emotional about Holly's. I remember a few years ago, Sharon and Ozzy appeared on Larry King the night of the day Kelly went into drug rehab (Jack had already been). Sharon was getting down on herself pretty bad then, crying and saying maybe she is a bad mother.

2. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

3. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Bret on Oprah yesterday? He was there on live webcam or whatever it's called, from the shoulders up.

My impression: He looked fantastic. Just a little hint of paralysis on the right side of the face, but barely noticeable unless you'd look for that sort of thing. He sounded like his old self, fast-talking, personable. Teary-eyed at times when relaying his symptoms and the trip to the hospital and thinking that he might not make it. He wore the signature bandana on his head, sans cowboy hat.

He said he's bumped his physical therapy to twice a day, that he still has headaches, and has difficulty with moving his legs, which frightens me a little. He said that problem was common after a stroke. Otherwise, he looked like he was on his way back to his old self.

They had cameo appearances from Sharon Osborne, The Donald, and Holly saying what a great guy he was, which brought tears to his eyes (more so on the right eye).

Looking forward to Sunday night's finale. I'd love nothing more than to see him walk in the door.

4. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

He's back in the hospital today, Thursday, with a TIA (?), some kind of mini stroke incident, they were investigating, found a hole in his heart (that is operable?), sorry watching another show, saw this in another thread.

They should make it a tie, with Holly and Brett sharing.

I am so very sad for him. But the outlook is positive.

5. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

If the show must go on, they will probably use Holly and whomever was closest next in line, I believe that would be Sharon.

6. love skating

love skating Clueless American

I hope Bret will be okay. He looked so good on Oprah and I thought things looked good for a full recovery. So I was sad to read when I signed online today that he's back in the hospital.

Anyway, they can't really make Sharon a finalist since she didn't do the final task that Holly and Bret did. With this latest setback for Bret, I'd agree that a firing of no one would be a nice finish. I just hope Bret will be okay and I hope he wasn't pushing himself to be ready for the finale and all...just concentrate on getting well Bret!

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

isnt the task over? they just have to support themselves in the boardroom, which his teammates could do under the circumstances

8. Maggie222

Maggie222 New Member

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I hope that he makes a complete recovery.

10. Maggie222

Maggie222 New Member

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it isnt in the auction but I want that black patent leather couch Cyndi put in her Rock Star Room the week she was fired

12. Maggie222

Maggie222 New Member

I don't see any photos of Bret for auction, but I would love to see how much an autographed photo of Bret would go for.

13. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Bret is there and it sounds like he'll speak in the boardroom!

They just showed Bret live. He looks great.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
  14. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Where's Sharon? Did I miss her when I was making popcorn?

15. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Yes, Sharon is there. She has spoken live yet.

And Bret's presentation was better.

ETA: Oh, maybe Sharon isn't there, and I just saw her on tape. Goldberg is definitely not there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
  16. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

I just hope Bret isn't risking another health crisis by being there! I just saw a promo for the Today show saying Bret would be on with them tomorrow am! As much as I would like him to win, should he will I'm sure there'd be one heck of a party in NY tonight....getting up for the Today show maybe a little tough!

17. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

The outcome of this should be interesting.

Bret makes me so nervous for him. Please, go home and rest! We love you!

18. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Holly is being so nice. It's almost like a different person.

19. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Does The Donald normally say "you're hired!" Maybe he couldn't say "you're fired" this time around.

20. Norlite

Besides Today, Bret will be on Leno and Regis and Kelly tomorrow.

I figured he was the winner.

Still didn't see Sharon, or Goldberg

Oh, just saw your edit soxxy.......

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  21. Norlite

He always says You're Hired in the finale.

22. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Actually last time he looked at the poker player and said some pretty nice things about her. Her face was looking like "yeah I got this." Then he told her she was fired. Her face fell and he turns to Joan and says "you're hired."

I think what he did this time was as close to a draw/tie as he could make it. He gave both of them the money - claiming that Snapple gave matching funds. He didn't tell Holly she was fired. He just told Bret he was hired.

While most people would have said they were both hired or called it a tie in the real world. Donald's television persona and the premise of the show wouldn't really let him do that.

Though I was rooting for Bret, I'm aware that he had the advantage with the emotions running high. Unless he screwed up big time (not completing the challenge, insulting the client, etc.), he was the obvious choice for Donald to make. Choosing Holly would have been a smart choice last year or even the year before, but the press she and Donald would get over her "beating" an ailing Bret Michaels would have been a public relations disaster.

Donald may have the reputation of a hard nosed business man with no emotional investment, but he's not stupid. A headline and picture of him shaking Bret's hand is a much better move for him than an interview explaining that he chose Holly for X,Y,Z.

23. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for Bret.

He grew - personally and professionally - throughout the process.
    People who were unaware of him before know him now, not just for his illness; but, as an achiever, with great passion, drive, skill, creativity - and grace under pressure.

Holly was a great fund raiser. That was her purpose. Bret raised money, while focusing on serving the needs of his client during each task. It's a question of which approach and emphasis is preferred.

Both raised awareness for their causes. The benefits will continue. Each did very well; it could have been decided either way. I'm sure that Bret will have opportunities that he never would have been offered, or considered, as a result of his success.

24. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

I believe Donald said Snapple wanted Holly on their Board of Directors, and she seemed delighted with that.

Nothing offered to Bret from Snapple and I can see why at this point, but I for one will be looking for Bret's Trop-a-Rocka next time I'm grocery shopping.

25. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Donald said Snapple would want Holly on their Board of Directors but then said Brett IS Snapple. Guess that exemplifies how they saw the two, Holly is good at giving direction and input, Brett represents/personifies things, putting his own touch/spin on them.

Son & I were really thrilled with Brett winning.

26. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I'm very happy for Bret and was hoping he'd win. He really did work his tail off on the tasks and as many have noted is very creative. Holly was more corporate, was a great fundraiser and worked as hard as Bret. She would have been equally deserving. It was something of a draw, so given Bret's fight for his life, that was probably the tiebreaker.

The Donald and NBC surely were going crazy over the uncertainty of Bret's illnesses and how to plan for the finale. Given the outcome, The Donald owes Bret a lot more in terms of the publicity he got. I hope he continues to help Bret with his charity.

Now, Bret - go get some rest! And spend some quality time with your kids. Please! The tour can wait. The fans will understand.

And congratulations to Holly for a great game and for all she's done to raise awareness of autism and to help families affected by it.

I'm eager to buy both flavors of Snapple!

27. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

For anyone that may have missed the original broadcast, CNBC is re-airing the finale of "Celebrity Apprentice" right now (8-10 EDT).

:cheer2: Team Bret!!