Celebrity Apprentice Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by martian_girl, Mar 15, 2010.

1. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Because I can't be the only one who loves this show. :lol:

This season we have Sharon Osbourne, Brett Michaels, Cyndi Lauper, the former governor of Illinois and a bunch of others of negligible celebrity.

I already pick Sharon for the finals.

2. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I'm watching it, but the storm is so bad it's blown the sound out. Weird watching Sharon talk but not being able to hear her. I can just imagaine what she's saying.

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I haven't watched the Apprentice since season 3 or 4 I think, but I heard the last Celeb version was amazing, so I tuned in. I love Cyndi Lauper :lol: Agree that Sharon should make the finals...loved her comment about the diner being like the Star Wars cantina. Holly Robinson Peete also seems quite sharp...I hope she goes far.

It's painful watching Blogojevich :scream:

4. Freespirit

Freespirit New Member

I love this show too. Didn't catch the end. Taped it, but can't wait to find out. Who got "Fired"? Thanks

5. genevieve

Carol, the comedian/writer (who I'd never heard of before) got fired. Cyndi was miserable trying to decide who to bring with her in the boardroom, and so Trump just dealt with them all together. Cyndi never would name someone she thought should leave, and most of the other women wouldn't either. Holly said it would come down to Carol (for focusing on getting people in the door when there was a line around the corner) or Cyndi (for not managing that aspect better), and the wrestler chick said it shouod be Carol. I believe Sharon said Carol as well, so Trump fired her.

I was glad it was Carol because she came off as really catty and not much good...although I suspect the editing emphasized her unlikeable moments since she's not a known quantity to most people and therefore no one would be too mad she's gone. Interestingly, when wrestler chick first said Carol's name, Cyndi said it would be a mistake, as Carol would be an asset in creative challenges.

Trump acknowledged the firing was hard as there was no one who really fell down on the job, and the team did well - they just did less well than the guys.

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I think Cyndi should have been fired but she is good tv and so they wouldnt do that the first wk. If you are PM and you cant even pick two people to take to the boardroom, thus subjecting the whole team to being fired, you need to be fired for lack of a backbone. Carol's experience would have benefitted them down the line.

7. genevieve

Much as it pains me to say, I rather agree. Cyndi was not a good PM at all. The only backbone she showed in the episode was when she talked to Trump about his treatment of Rosie O'Donnell...and I suspect the only reason that made it out of editing was so he could address the fact that she was at his wedding and he could call her disgusting a couple more times :rolleyes:

8. my little pony

it seems that the main reason they lost was the pricing was reasonable enough that people off the street came and ate and took seats away from the invited rich people. Cyndi set the pricing, another reason to fire her.

I hate feeling like she should be fired because I have a soft spot for her.

9. genevieve

I think the price point could have even been ok if Carol hadn't been out there getting more people off the street to come in - she could have been handling VIPs instead - but I also think that is a failing of planning (aka Cyndi's fault).

I feel like a jerk blaming Cyndi Lauper :(

10. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I completely agree. It was going to be a "lesser" celeb being fired. Cyndi is a ratings getter just by those blank stares and random questions (such as the Joan Rivers being there as part of the whole thing). Not to mention I can totally see her and Sharon Osborne butting heads over some things when the teams get smaller.

Had the women done better, I'm not sure who the men would have lost. Brett Michaels is going to stick around for a while because of the known name factor. The former governer is an idiot and tool, but again he's going to bring in viewers who want to see him flounder a bit. I predict he'll be gone week 4 or 5 in a "shocking board room."

11. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Yep, I feel the same way. Having people come in off the street is great, but your VIP's need to be first priority. Either have a special line just for $1000+ donors, or keep the average joes to the counter so that they quickly turned over.

I love Cyndi, but I would have fired her.

And Donald really needs to let this Rosie thing go. :rolleyes:

12. genevieve

I think they would have gotten rid of the governor. All the guys seemed to think Bret did a good job as PM (well, other than not managing his blood sugar), and I would agree that he did well to turn over all of the food management to the person on their team who had the most experience - after all, if the guys had had the ability to choose their own PM for this, wouldn't they have chosen the chef? But Blagojovich did the worst on the task and even got called out by Donald's spy as being the one reason she gave the $10K to the other team...he also doesn't handle himself well in the boardroom. I don't think there will be any hanging on to him for celeb status, there are too many other high profile guys on that team.

13. ArtisticFan

Donald seriously acts like that high school boy who got rejected for the prom by his safety date. He's not going to let it go until he finds something else to take his focus.

14. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Has Rosie responded yet to Trump calling her "digusting?"

15. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Episode 2 starting now...

16. soxxy

soxxy Guest

What's Bret's problem?

Cindy's random babbling would drive me crazy. She must focus on her music. And didn't Kodak use "True Colors" in their ads a few years ago?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  17. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

The poor girls with the power generator. :lol:

18. my little pony

yeah, last wk I found her quirky/adorable but now I dont think I could be on the same team as her

19. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

"discomboobulated" - Bret

:rofl:

20. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

I loved the fact that in his quest to not be portrayed as the lazy rock star, he instead got to be portrayed as the paranoid-psychotic rock star. :lol:

A little FYI on Maria: She was actually fired from WWE about a week before this show premiered, so the producers had to edit in that she was a "former wrestler" at the last minute. Oddly enough, her wrestling character was that of a lovable ditz.

I'm waiting for everyone on the women's team to completely lose it on Cyndi. It should be quite entertaining. :lol:

21. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

She and her posse laughed about the whole kaboodle on her (XM?) radio show. It's linked at Best Week Ever. Rosie takes the high road, mostly expressing her adoration for Cyndi as a friend, while laughing at The Donald's anti-Rosie obsession/ability to insert insults on her weight into any scenario.

22. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Interesting episode.
    Brett seemed competant last week. My opinion, he agreed to be on a few episodes, got his big donation, provide some drama and then he is gone. Seems scripted.
    Some of the guys, hard to read, but Michael, Curtis, and maybe Straw might be good.
    Rod - please be fired, you are annoying. Sinbad - so disorganized, glad he is gone.
    Women - Cyndi seems so annoying. project leader did well. Summer seems good. Holly - like her, but still think she is totally aware of taking care of herself.
    Still don't like Donald, like his kids though.
    such a guilty pleasure to watch.

23. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I saw an interview with her today. Apparently she dated Jerry Seinfeld long ago, became a writer on his show, and when asked if the character of Elaine was based on her, she said partly.

She said the nicest person on the show was Bret Michaels, who was the only one to call her after she was "fired."

She said Cyndi Lauper is really crazy (not necessarily in a bad way).

24. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

They are starting this week's show with the promise of more crazy Brett.:watch:

25. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Why can't Summer Sanders put a sentence together? I mean, she graduated from Stanford. Didn't she more than just swim to get her degree?

26. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Daryl's quitting but not quitting. Wow. :rolleyes:

27. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I wonder if Darryl is still using drugs.

28. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Both teams completely missed the mark. So far this has been a pretty bad season. I've felt like every task had such mediocre results that neither team really deserved to win.

As for Darryl, he has basically looked bored out of his mind the entire time, so clearly he was thinking that he has a million better things to do and seized the opportunity to get out of there.

The former governor of Illinois (not that he ever mentions that;) ) is a ridiculous human being. A friend suggested that there be a drinking game, one shot every time he refers to being governor. It would guarantee passing out within ten minutes of an episode starting!

I'm not getting why Cyndi is so terrible. The esteemed Governor is the one who can't shut up and work, not her--and the guys aren't complaining. If she is that bad, they aren't editing it very well to show us. The woman was dragging a park bench on a cart by herself and somehow she's not doing enough?

29. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Amusing episode, but not as good as other seasons.
    Cyndi - her questions with the detectives were a waste of time, but her other stuff seems ok. Could be editing. Weren't the other girls annoyed with Cyndi last week, but now seem defending her?
    Not sure with the ladies when Summer was talking/tripping, they were giving her a chance, or wanting her to fail? Not sure.
    The Men - plz get rid of the governor. yes a drinking game whenever he sez he was gov or sez he was innocent, one would get quite plastered.
    Brett - is trying too hard, seems annoying.
    Michael Johnson - bright guy, but too rigid, not creative? He got lucky this week.
    Darryl - wonder if this goes with my theory that certain celebs only sign on for X number of episodes and Darryl's was up. But didn't mess up. Or wondering if he realized he had no business sense and the other guys were more into it.
    Goldberg or Curtis for the top 2 guys?

30. ArtisticFan

I'm not sure that they have captured the true essence of Cyndi, but I could see why some would be annoyed with her. For example in the Kodak challenge she was asking questions that had little to do with the actual task at hand. I could also see them not wanting her to be the spokesperson for something. While she is fun, zany, etc., she doesn't seem to come off as competent for being a spokesperson for a product like the one they were marketing. They have also shown her questioning things that have already been set. Not that it is wrong to question, but she seems to be questioning with no alternatives in mind. Some people can view this trying to undermine or just waste time trying to be heard.

I can't remember who it was the first show that said it best about Cyndi. When she's on, she's great, but the rest of time she goes into her own little world. I do think that she is a hard worker and probably does have great ideas, but they tend to get lost between her image and her flighty nature. You really do have to know how to deal with her, as she can contribute well.

I've never met her, but she seems to be a very creative person who probably struggles more with the business end of things. So I don't take the women as dislikin her. It is probably more a case of they don't know what to do with her. She's not a person they want interfacing with the "clients" or in a role where she has to act in a business professional way.

I don't think she is weakest member of the team or of the show as a whole. Brett Michaels is coming off as much worse. He doesn't seem to be able to direct himself and then becomes snarky about the work of others. Don't even get me started on the ex-governor. What exactly are his talents?