Celebration On Ice - great line up!

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by luckiest1, Sep 23, 2012.

1. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I did a search and couldn't find it.

http://www.celebrationonicetour.com/

4 dates in Ontario, Canada in December, with Kurt, Elvis, Patrick, Jeff, Shawn, Joannie, Cynthia, Meghan & Eric. Wow!

Tickets on sale late October. I believe it's usually broadcast as well.

2. lulu

lulu New Member

Looks like a great show, I'd especially love to see Kurt skate. :)

3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thanks - I will make the trek to newmarket for sure.

4. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I want to go too.. so many of my favourites are skating. (Of course, I am just being delusional). Why can't we have such shows in Australia?:(:(
    How much are the tickets? (Just being curious)

5. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

If I remember correctly, they do not broadcast "Celebration on Ice". There is another tour, "Holiday Festival on Ice", around the western part of Canada a few days before with almost the same cast. HFOI is broadcast usually.

6. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

No idea of the cost. Its in smaller rinks so maynot be s much as SOI. SOI on ice were $175 incl taxes which is quite substantial but then its an amazing place to be. So I would say the best tickets here would be about $100 or so going down to $25.

7. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Celebration on Ice was on Canadian tv at least one year. I remember watching it because I thought it was a replay of Festival but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't. I don't remember what channel.

8. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

A stop closer to me than usual! :cheer:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. lulu

lulu New Member

If you do end up going, would love to read your impressions. :) The show sounds fantastic.

10. luckiest1

I don't think there's ever been a show with Kurt, Elvis, Jeff & Patrick, our 4 world champions, so I am very happy about this line up. I plan to go to Stratford.

11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I wish they could bring Brian to skate as well then it will be 4 generations of champions!

12. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

They can even add Don Jackson. I heard he is still doing doubles.

13. lulu

lulu New Member

Now *that* would be an amazing show. :swoon:

And ditto for adding Brian Boitano too.

14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Dont understand about adding Boitano - he is a great skater whom I have enjoyed watching in the past but not a Canadian great! I meant another world champion Brian Orser!

15. lulu

lulu New Member

LOL, I guess I have Boitano on my mind after reading the Brian Boitano thread. :eek: Well, maybe they can spring for a token American? :p

16. minx

minx New Member

I'd pee my pants to see that show. Literally.
    I went to Hockey Day in Canada in Stratford. Take note, there are exactly three stalls in the ladies washroom at that arena. It's a lovely old historic building but don't plan on having a pee.

17. David Moshe8100

David Moshe8100 New Member

Wow!!!Looks like a great show...
    sure will must be visited there in future...so many of my favourites are skating...

18. luckiest1

Tickets went on sale for Stratford today. I had no problem calling and getting seats in the front row. Apparently they also have on ice seats for $100.

19. Blade1

Blade1 New Member

I purchased my tickets for Sudbury this morning. $118.00 for ice seats. This is the most I've ever payed for ice-seats in Sudbury for a figure skating show. I would have been better to travel to the Sault for the same price, and get a VIP Meet & Greet included :( Its sad to see that our arena likes to over price things. Its a wonder why ppl complain about ticket prices for most events that do come to Sudbury.
    Having said that, I LOVE figure skating and I am so much looking forward to seeing the show in Dec. Four World Champions all in one show. It's gonna be awesome. Not to mention Meagan & Eric - being that Meagan is from Sudbury (Lively, ON.) it will be great to see the new Canadian Champions perform in her hometown. 10th Anniversary of Celebration On Ice, and apparently the last tour they will be doing according to their website. I've been to every COI that has ever stopped in Sudbury. Gonna be bitter sweet knowing the COI won't be touring again in the near future.

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I too bought my tickets.
    Got on ice but there were only three left so am happy to have got them. The on ice price is pretty good compared to SOI whick works out to 175 or so.

I have seen Patrick sitting on ice 6 feet away and its amazing as you can really see his footwork and watch is feet.

So excited!

21. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I chose not to do on-ice this time. I find it a bit of a pain to lean forward to see the skaters at the other end of the rink. I took Row A instead. :D

What section are you in, Blade1? We're in Section 13, Row A, Seats 1,2,3. Come by and say hi! :).

22. Blade1

Blade1 New Member

Our on-ice seats are actually right near Section 13 so I'll definitly come over to say HI ;) We are sitting on the North Side, near Section 13, Seats 23,24,25 I think. It will be nice to see you again ;)