CBC 2010 Worlds and 2011 Four Continents Encores

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Skate Talker, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

On CBC and CBC.ca (possibly geo-blocked?)

The 2010 encore includes a special live chat with Pj about the upcoming Worlds in Moscow at CBC.ca.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  2. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Whooooohooooo:cheer2: Thank you!

And thank you CBC :cheer2:

3. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

As noted above, the "special edition" on the CBC schedule for 3-6 p.m. tomorrow is some sort of encore from 2010 Worlds. But I understand that it will also include an interview with the one and only Don Jackson and I wouldn't be surprised if there were additional interviews about the 2011 Worlds.

In addition to the 2010 encore, there is a Four Continents encore scheduled, and they have World Synchros on their schedule too (see below).

======================
    Figureskating on CBC - current broadcast schedule for the main network (and online):

*Saturday, Mar. 26 - World championships special edition 3-6 pm

*Saturday, April 2 - Four Continents encore 2-4 pm [may actually be 3-4 p.m. - check local schedules]

*Saturday, April 16 - Synchronized world championships 4-6 pm

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I wonder if the FOur Continents encore will have other stuff on it besides ice dancing, since hte first one was just ice dancing.. I hope they show other stuff.

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

I read on Golden Skate that Donald Jackson was interviewed and that there was a nice segment on Yuka Sato. For those watching, please summarize the show if you can! :)

6. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I didn't set the VCR up properly, so I missed it. :(:(

If the announced the dates and times for Worlds coverage, could someone please post it?

7. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

They confirmed during the broadcast that there would be CBC, CBC.ca & BOLD coverage of Worlds from Moscow during "the week of April 25th". I would presume the coverage would be similar to what was planned for the Tokyo Worlds and more specifics will possibly await the official schedule for the Moscow Worlds.

Parts of today's broadcast (as separate "chunks") are now up on the CBC website at: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Championship_Figure_Skating_on_CBC They include an interview with Michael Slipchuk about Canada's team going to Russia, the interview with Donald Jackson, etc. (I'm not sure about any geoblocking.)

8. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

I know I missed some of it (I was interrupted more than once), but here is what I remember seeing, though it is definitely not in the order it aired:
    In-studio interviews with Donald Jackson & Michael Slipchuck
    Skype interviews with Kurt Browning & Patrick Chan
    Taped interviews with Yuka Sato, Weaver/Poje, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch and Phaneuf.
    A fluff piece of Kurt Browning with Chan in Colorado - a kind of "day in the life of" piece.
    They aired performances by the top Canadian hopefuls - Virtue/Moir, Phaneuf and Crone/Poirier their 2010 worlds LP. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch their Skate Canada LP. Chan I think was his 2011 Nationals LP.
    They also aired some of the other top performances from 2010 worlds. I saw Pang/Tong & S/S LP and I think there were some others that I missed.
    There was an i ask segment with PJ Kwong.
    Also some discussion between Scott Russell & Tracy Wilson on the Canadian team and the potential for podium finishes/placements as well as some discussion of contenders from other countries.

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch. :)

10. Sylvia

Geoblocked for me, unfortunately.

So an extra big thanks to Anemone for summarizing yesterday's CBC show!

11. Sylvia

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  12. venja

venja New Member

It's 12:00 now and I'm not seeing the Pairs' SP on CBC. What gives????

13. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

I wish I knew. All I see is a repeat of "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". :angryfire

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. venja

venja New Member

Ah, it's on now. Time delay due to hockey?!?!?! Wasn't home earlier to know it was on...