Cat Help

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by snoopy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

We ended up putting our cat in the laundry room overnight because she kept jumping up on the bed and kneading us during the night-- with claws -- just closing the door to our room elicited the same behavior you're seeing. We did get some cat treats that she really liked and she was quite willing to come along to get them. She was happy to sleep in a plastic sweater-type box with a towel in it -- not much bigger than she was.
  2. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Allskate, My cat lost most of his weight over a few months. When he started to go blind he didn't walk around much. When I took him to the vet, he offered to do the blood work and said that he was pretty sure it was just old age. He is 18 years old (he might be older. I got him at a rescue and they thought he was 2 years old when we took him home in 94) so he could even be older. He poked around on him and looked at his teeth, checked the fur ect. There were no tumors, they did check the stool and nothing was wrong with that. He's an older vet who has taken care of all my Mom's dogs for almost 25 years. My Mom trust him to death.
    He is not throwing up or anything like that. I keep checking the liter box and everything is fine. The vet said if he has kidney failure I would be able to tell from him peeing anywhere or lack of pee in the liter box. He gave me a whole list to look for.
    I have a little basket for his toys and every couple nights all the toys are taken out. I know it's not the little cat. She's not smart enough to do that.
    Oh I forgot to mention, I was taking a shower on Monday and all of a sudden the cutain comes crashing in with something in it. It was the little cat. She jumped into the shower with me. Scared the heck out of me. For a couple seconds she just sat there with the water and then jumped out. This is the same one who sits in the water dish. she just turned 10.
  3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your puss. It can get quite distressing when they get older generally as they do change.
  4. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Timing, I'm going to go out and find that one. Why have I heard about that before?
  5. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Because Glucosamine and Chondroitin are also recommended for us, but are natural supplements. I work for a Chiropractor and can attest to our patients getting relief from pain. Wishing you the best.
  6. timing

timing fragrance free

We had an elderly cat that glucosamine helped for a while and I find glucosamine and chondroitin helps me.