Candace Cameron Bure Reveals Her Battle with Bulimia

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ilovepaydays, Dec 31, 2010.

1. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it. After the STDs and rehab, many an aging ex-skank tries to appear edgy via Paganism coupled with a stint at Ren Faires.

2. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

I preferred my Teen Beat with Jonathan Brandis on the cover. :wuzrobbed

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

C'mon...if you were a young girl, how could you not fall for Lucas? As for Corey Feldman, he looked creepy to me in retrospect, but I don't know how much of that was between him being the new teen sensation was way before my time and him looking fug now.

4. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

When I was a teen I was all for Christian Slater...but thought Corey Haim was so cute. Ironically, it was Jonathon Knight (NKOTB) I had the most posters on my wall of though.

Count me as another not surprised to hear that she had an eating disorder.

5. Kiss My 1040

Kiss My 1040 New Member

This news puts the eating disorder fiasco of an episode on Full House in a new light.

6. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

You're funny. I'm not a (non-affiliated ecclectic) Pagan to be "edgy", I am because IMO organized religion is a crock, and a crutch for people too weak-minded to think for themselves.

And I've reached 36 after only being "intimate" with 5 guys since the age of 18, the last of them making his exit 15 months ago (probably because he got tired of my catching him in his own lies and throwing them back at him), and I've never had a substance abuse problem.

I'm not going to waste the best years of my life chasing after a "relationship"; instead, my focus is on cultivating my own life and further strengthening my mind, body and spirit, and enjoying the fruits of my efforts.

Nice try.

7. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

There's really not much point in arguing with heckles. (User name is a clue.)

And really, the minute people start on how they're a 'pagan' (could you be more specific as that's not a single religion or system of beliefs) because they're too smart for organized religion, I write them off as the same kind of arrogant jerk as a lot of Evangelicals without the attempts at humility.

8. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Why not? Ya know it's gotta be true...:rolleyes:

NJL (...one of the more interesting things I've ever seen & heard in my life...:lol:...)

9. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Karina, relax. Look at the poster's name and have a chuckle. Getting worked up over it only validates them. ;)

And I'm on the Jonathan Brandis train. I have no idea what anyone saw in the Coreys or Kirk Cameron, but I admit a pro-'90s/anti-'80s bias. :p

10. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

Jonathan Brandis R.I.P.
    Corey Haim R.I.P

11. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

omg I had never seen the banana cliP before!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

12. liv

liv Well-Known Member

oh geez. when i read banana clip,i thought they were referring to that awful hair accessory popular in the 80's, lol!!!

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too!

14. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

Shared banana hair clip shame.
    This is all giving me a terrible flashback to 1980s big hair. Big hair and teenage dieting.