Canadian Skater/FSU Member Fighting for His Life (R.I.P.)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Spun Silver, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I was thinking along the lines "From Jesse's friends on FSU", instead of "From FSU", but I agree that we should check with Sharpie first before using "FSU" in our donation/gifts.

We should perhaps take the detailed discussion to PM/email.

2. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Cancer is truly horrible in that way, as are many chronic terminal diseases. Not only does it kill you, but it makes you suffer while it does so. Truly unfair. Nobody deserves that. I wish everyone could pass quickly, in their own bed, having enjoyed their life up until then. Not this.

RIP Jesse. I found this beautiful exhibition in his YouTube channel and if anyone needs more :wuzrobbed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glo4PzYQCTE

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Jesse :fragile:

I pray his passing, at the end, was merciful.

His suffering over the past few months was not. May he rest in peace.

(((spaz and family)))

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  4. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Jessie chronicled his sudden and far too early demise from cancer here on FSU. No matter how hard things were, he always checked in with us. Although, he was always honest, I never got the feeling he was feeling sorry for himself, which I sure would have been. He was a man in the prime of life with so much to look forward to, but faced his final journal with courage and grace. And he never seemed angry about what so many of us perceived as a lack of proper care (which I sure would have been as well).

We were his witness and I for one felt honoured that he would share such an earth-shattering and private experience. Once I started to follow his story, it was important to me to stay posted about how he was doing every day. He never withdrew so far from life so not to post here, until his final day.

I was, and am - heartbroken - and am near tears as I post.

Meredith and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I am really sorry to hear about this news. Spaz (Jesse) was one of the nicer people on this forum and also very open about his skating and seeking feedback from us. He will be sadly missed from the FSU family. Condolences to his family.

6. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Screw cancer :(

I am honoured (as we all should be) that Jesse spent his painful final months using this board as a support network. I'd usually say no re a "from FSU " flower basket but given the OTBT thread Jesse shared with us, it would be a disservice to him not to.

I'm happy to give to any collections that are going on. Also can anyone let me know where to send something privately.

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

There are times when even though you are sad at the loss of a fellow human being, you are glad that their battle is over. Jesse's sharing the end of his life with FSU was a unique experience. Reading his comments wasn't easy, but they demonstrated courage in the face of a losing battle and I'm grateful he chose to share both his pain and his joy with us. He was so delighted to receive all the chocolates from around the world. I'm so sorry this happened to you Jesse and thank you for sharing the end of your life with strangers. RIP.

8. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Is there any way to set up something like that with Paypal? I don't want to say that I'd be happy to give considering the circumstances, but I really would want to do so.

9. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

RIP Jesse. How incredibly sad. Gone way too young.

10. aussieSKATES

aussieSKATES Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Smith family.

aussieSKATES: Figure Skating Downunder

11. Sarah

Sarah Active Member

Goodbye Jesse. I'm so glad he's no longer suffering. My thoughts are with his family. He will be missed. RIP Jesse.

12. Nalachika

Nalachika New Member

:( RIP Jesse

13. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

RIP Jesse.

14. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

RIP, dear sweet (((Jesse))). My thoughts and prayers are with his family. <3

15. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed indeed. Waaaayyyyy too young. Rest in peace, Jesse.

16. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Rest in peace sweet Jesse.

Prayers to your family and friends at this extremely difficult time.

17. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

Peace to you, Jesse, and to all who knew and loved you.

18. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and all of those that Jesse has touched in his life. Way to young and had to suffer way to much.
    Rest in Peace Jesse! Such a sad day in the world of figure skating.

19. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear Jesse has passed. My condolences to his family as they handle this difficult time.
    No one should have to suffer as he did :(

20. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

:(

RIP Jesse. {{{Jesse's family and friends}}}

21. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

:( Cancer is a ****er. Goodbye Jesse; your suffering is over.

22. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

It is so difficult to grasp the cruelty and unfairness of the world. And to stop thinking why this had to happen to him and how it's something so final and unstoppable. Then there's also relief because reading about his suffocation problems during the last couple of weeks was heavy. :( I hope you're in a good place now Jesse.

23. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

What to say? We have shared Jesse's last months with him. Doing our best to make sure he knew he was loved, and feeling like we could not do enough. We have been frustrated by his descriptions of his lack of care. We have cried over the knowledge that he was in so much pain. It was an honor to have cared about such a brave, honest, and kind young man. He only knew a handful of us personally. Yet, he touched the hearts of so many of us, with his kindness, his humor, his courage. He was taken from us far too soon, but I am glad that he is no longer suffering. I think we all knew this was coming, and coming fairly soon. But, I don't think we expected it this soon. He was a bright light in the world. A world that will be dimmer, for his loss. His family must be devastated. My heart breaks for them. Jesse, you will be deeply missed. I hope that you are at peace, now. You showed all of us how to face a devastating illness with grace and dignity. RIP.

Moto Guzzi, victorskid, barbk and 3 others like this.
  24. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

RIP Jesse. You're free from pain now.

25. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

26. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

RIP Jesse.
    Sad news, sad day.

27. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

My sympathies to Jesse's family and friends. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore.

28. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

RIP Jesse and condolences to your family and friends.

29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    You said it so well.

It was an honour to support Jesse.

30. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

ITA! cruisin, you said in words what I wanted to say coming from the heart. Thank you so much. Jesse will be missed by all of us. <3