Canadian Pairs 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by skatingluver, Apr 19, 2014.

1. old lady

old lady New Member

That's kind of a shocker with so much opportunity ahead of them. Without knowing the reason for the split, its too bad Mostert isn't continuing... It sucks losing another pairs boy and Kendra Digness is still on ice partner search looking for a partner and skates out of the same club! She lists her height at 5'3" so he would be tall enough for her. Oh well...sad really.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Championnats québécois d'été will take place Aug. 7-10, 2014 in Pierrefonds, QC, and the top 2 junior pairs from 2014 Nationals (Grenier/Deschamps and Seguin/Bilodeau) are registered to compete - link to the skater list as of June 10 is posted in the Canadian summer comps thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...Competitions&p=4277703&viewfull=1#post4277703
    Jennyfer Richer-Labelle and Thierry Ferland (new pair?) are registered in Novice.

ETA:
    Two new pairs are registered to compete in Junior at the Philadelphia Summer Championships (formerly known as Liberty) in mid-July: Camille Ruest/Samuel Morais (coached by Annie Barabé and Maximin Coïa) and Hope McLean/Trennt Michaud (Scott Rachuk and Alison Purkiss).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

Yes, Jennyfer won pre-novice with Alexandre Cabana at Challenge last year and Theirry skated with Lori-Ann Matte and placed 5th in Novice at Nationals :)

4. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information.

That must mean that Julia Mercer/Samuel Morais have split. Had that information been posted previously?

Samuel is still perfecting the pairs tricks, and as far as I know Camille has never done pairs before. However, this new team could have very good long-term potential. With his experience as a singles skater he's a very strong jumper. With Julia, in the long-term the team was going to be limited by her jumping ability, which was never going to be strong enough to take them very far in the senior ranks. Camille is a much stronger jumper, so they could end up being a much better-matched team in terms of what they can accomplish technically.

It's good to see Trennt Michaud back at pairs, as well. I really liked him in his former partnership, with Judith Murtha-Anderson.

ETA: The Ruest/Morais pair is not JGP-eligible, because of his birthdate in 1992, but the McLean/Michaud partnership should be JGP-eligible.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  5. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

Camille competed in PreNovice pairs in 2010. I think I heard that she once skated with Sebastian Arcieri at one time too but can't find anything online to corroborate that.

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Sylvia

I don't believe so.

Daniskates93 was the one who first posted on FSU about the new pair of McLean/Michaud back in early April (thanks for your info in post #226).

Britney and Matthew will be competing in the U.S. - re-posting this news from the U.S. Pairs thread:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Sylvia

CORRECTION: Matte/Ferland are still together and registered for Novice in the updated entry list dated June 15. Richer-Labelle's partner is not yet listed. Also registered for Novice Pairs:
    Justine Brasseur/Mathieu Ostiguy (new)
    Fanny Durand/TBA

Junior Pairs: Kassandra Trépanier/David-Alexandre Paradis.

8. million$momma

million$momma New Member

McLean is 14, Michaud is 17.

9. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which level the following are going to skate at this season:

Purich & Wolfe
    Rau & Arcieri
    Orr & Simpson

10. Sylvia

If Purich has already competed senior at Canadians, is she allowed to drop down to junior? (assuming Drew Wolfe is her partner)

ETA: Rau (15) & Arcieri (20) have 1 year of ISU Junior eligibility left as a team; Orr (17) & Simpson (18) have 2 years left as a team.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  11. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  12. laceup

laceup New Member

Rau would be in the same boat as purich since she was sr last season with Shultz. Both girls can skate jr with their new partners if they choose to.

13. laceup

laceup New Member

Oops sorry, it just occurred to me you meant on the GP circuit and not at Nationals.

14. old lady

old lady New Member

Has Wesley Killing found a new partner yet?

15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Nothing I can find in the documentation prohibits a skater from going back and forth between junior and senior GP, as long as the skater is age-eligible. A skater can only do one level each season, now that Pairs no longer can do both juniors and seniors.

16. Sylvia

I actually meant Canadian Nationals :) so thanks to danafan and you for replying.

FWIW, Wesley Killing last updated his IPS profile on June 5: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4845

ETA that Devon Stock (he was 7th in Novice Pairs at 2014 Canadians) updated his IPS profile on June 18: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4641

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  17. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

I'm pretty sure that Purich went back to the JGP already, having competed both JGP and SGP with Schultz (not in the same year) and back on the JGP the year she skated with Arcieri. Purich is already 19 though so isn't junior ISU eligible anymore.

18. old lady

old lady New Member

Thanks Sylvia for the updates regarding Wesley and Devon. Such a shame that Devon is still partnerless given that he is JGP eligible! Maybe these two guys need to consider a move...both of their bios say they are not willing to relocate. That doesn't seem to be working for them.

19. Cant Skate

Cant Skate Member

Purich and Wolfe are registered in Senior Pairs for Championnats québécois d'été 2014 et volet international

Skater list as of June 19th

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  20. Sylvia

^^^ Canadian pairs registered for Quebec:

Junior:
    Naomie Boudreau/Cedric Savard N3
    Camille Ruest/Samuel Morais (new team)
    Kassandra Trepanier/David-Alexandre Paradis (new team)
    [Emily Pike/Patrick Abderlerly AUS (new team) - she belongs to Minto & looks like they're mistakenly listed in pairs here - also listed in ice dance]

Novice:
    Lori-Ann Matte/Thierry Ferland N5
    Justine Brasseur N4/Mathieu Ostiguy (new team)
    Jennyfer Richer-Labelle/Alexandre Cabana PN1 at Challenge
    Fanny Durand/Steven Lapointe PN7 Challenge (new team)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  21. Cant Skate

Cant Skate Member

I was just snooping around on Facebook and Twitter and it would seem that Wesley finally has a partner now as well...Flora LeBlanc from France. She has no pairs experience from what I could tell, but it sounds like she is making the move to Canada.

22. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Holy Smokes, I love the list of pairs that will be competing at the aforementioned competition! :eek: Castelli & Tran, Yankowskas & Gaman, and Purich & Wolfe. :cool: Awesome Sauce!!!!

23. jlmart

jlmart Member

Who are Purich and Wolfe training with?

24. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

AFAIK they are in Quebec with Gauthier/Marcotte

25. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Flora has some pair experience. Here is a video with Florian Lejeune. She was training in Caen, but the pair center is closing there. She could not find a tall partner in France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlaBaZ2n_Rw

26. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

27. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Ah thanks for that - should put it in a Canada Day thread?

28. Sylvia

29. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

So senior pairs is looking like this:

Duhamel & Radford
    Jones & Reagan
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Grenier & Deschamps
    Iliusheckina & Moscovitch
    Moore-Towers & Marinaro
    Purich & Wolfe