Canadian Nationals Ladies Poll

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 4, 2011.

Who will medal?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2011.
  1. Cynthia Phaneuf

86.7%
  2. Amelie Lacoste

86.7%
  3. Myriane Samson

34.4%
  4. Alexandra Najarro

7.8%
  5. Adriana DeSanctis

11.1%
  6. Kaetlyn Osmond

12.2%
  7. Vanessa Grenier

1.1%
  8. Kate Charbonneau

13.3%
  9. Alexandra Gagnon

3.3%
  10. Alaine Chartrand

3.3%
  11. Jessica Dube

6.7%
  12. Sarah Jourdain

1.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who will medal?

2. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

Given this is the ladies' event at Canadians, my bet is that the last one standing wins.

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Lacoste will win, Phanuef second, and Charbonneau or Najarro or Samson (if she's healed) will take bronze. DeSanctis could spoil.

4. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

I really like Amelie Lacoste. She has a good look out on the ice.
    I really enjoyed watching her at Skate Canada & The Cup Of Russia.
    Hope she wins nationals.

5. TRAxel

TRAxel Active Member

Would love to see Amelie win, it just might give her that confidence I feel she lacks in international competition.

6. crawall

crawall New Member

I'm going for Amelie, Cynthia and Kate. Kate had a collision at center ice during the FS warm-up at Challenge, but I know she is due for a good skate. Poland and Milan were building on a good one.

7. martipellow2

martipellow2 New Member

I predict Lacoste, Phaneuf, deSanctis or Osmond in third. Followed by Alaine Chartrand, Alexandra Gagnon and then Najarro. I think Najarro is a great skater who really should win the bronze, but after finishing 29th in the short at Challenge, I don't hold out great hopes for her medalling at Canadians, although great comeback for her and she is gutsy

8. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Jessica Dube is still competing in singles?

I think the winner'll be either Phaneuf or Lacoste, with Samson in third but Najarro and DeSanctis have a chance for the third spot as well.. I'm unsure about Samson because of the injury.

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Definitely not the audience.

In all seriousness, I really hope it's Lacoste.

10. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

If these skaters are all at their best, then it could be a really great show, but as we know if history is any indication, who stands up most will be the winner at the end. I have seen no reports of Cynthia since she moved to Brian Orser, but he's done wonders with Javier Fernandez, so I imagine that kind of environment will help her, I'm really looking forward to seeing her, I think Brian can give her the kind of help she needs, and she tends to skate her best at Canadians. Amelie Lacoste is the other obvious choice. She improved her skate at COR over SC, and will need to be sharp to move up from third (last year), she needs to land the lutz and flip. There will be several wildcards. Myriane Samson has yet to compete this year so I think that will be a factor, she was awesome in the free in 2011, but I think may be a bit hard pressed to repeat that, I hope she proves me wrong. Kaetlyn Osmond from Alberta could play spoiler, she won the Challenge and gave two STUNNING performances at sectionals, she has the technical prowess to be right up there. Alexandra Najarro can be brilliant or not, as proved by moving up 24 spots at challenge. I hope she rises because she's a BEAUTIFUL skater when she's on. She's fabulous at her best. Alaine Chartrand is another skater who is consistently landing 5-6 triples this year, if she does this, she's got a spot in the top 5. Adrianna DeSanctis, I loved her when I saw her at nats in 2010, and gave a good skate at SC this year, if she's consistent she could be near the podium as well. Other players could be Kate Charbonneau (I don't think has the difficulty to be top 5), Vanessa Grenier, and Jessica Dube. Even though Alexandra Gagnon was second at challenge, she only has lutz and loop, if she lands other triples, she could surprise as well.

I hope they will be at their best!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  11. seaner00

seaner00 New Member

Id rather not talk about the Ladies portion of the Canadians, it depresses me too much :p

12. icellist

icellist Member

oops didn't know the poll was multiple choice. I'd like to see Amelie Lacoste win nationals for once if she really delivers. I like her more this year. Cynthia Phaneuf is consistent at nationals. Bronze? Maybe Kate Osmond, Jessica Dube, Myrianne Samson

13. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think Phaneuf will win even if she skates mediocre. For some baffling reason the CSA are still high on her bandwagon IMO. Samson will be 2nd, she often peaks at Nationals. LaCoste will be a dissapointing 3rd.

14. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that by working with Orser, he will restructure her programs to build her confidence. By this I mean including jumps she can land under pressure (a salchow, two loops and 2 toe loops, for example) ,and keeping the layout within reach of doing clean.

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I remember that year.

16. JanetB

JanetB Well-Known Member

Year(s) don't you mean

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

You forgot the option - "Video of Barbara Ann Scott" :p

18. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I must have been out sick. You're saying there was a second year where someone remained standing??

:p

19. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Why isn't Chan an option? I would think they would just give him these medals by default too. :p

20. ichiro

ichiro Member

I hope both Cynthia and Amelie bring it during nationals. I'd like to see Kate Osmond step it up too!

21. puglover

puglover Active Member

I thought I read that Samson was out for the year with a broken ankle. I hope Amelie has a great skate as I got the impression at Skate Canada that she was sincerely disappointed and was practicing better then she skated there. I am personally pulling for Kate Charbonneau for the bronze.

22. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

I am most excited to see what Cynthia has learned under the tutelage of Brian. I know a lot of people are saying that her time has passed, but I don't believe it has. She has already overcome so much, and I know she has it in her to repeat her 2010 worlds performance. I am also looking forward to seeing Myriane (I really hope she is not out for the season) and Amelie.

23. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:40beers:

24. rhymer

rhymer New Member

What are the chances we can bring back Joannie? She could just skate around the rink and wave at the audience and she'd still outskate the rest of the field.

25. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

well, Joannie did place 2nd at 2011 Japan Open, so I would think that she could easily get Canada back to 2 spots for 2013 (in London, Ontario interestingly enough).

26. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Whenever i get depressed about the status of US Ladies i look at the Canadian Ladies and realize it ain't so bad. :eek: