Canadian ladies über thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by danafan, Mar 18, 2013.

1. cheerknithanson

cheerknithanson Well-Known Member

I'm still not an expert, but is that 3A fully rotated or not (despite the fall)?

2. ninjapirate

ninjapirate Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  3. Michelle

Michelle Member

Per her Instagram, Gabby is training the triple axel as well and wants it for next season.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    danafan likes this.
  5. cheerknithanson

Who will win the 3A battle?

6. Sylvia

7. cheerknithanson

Who do you think will land a clean 3A first? Gabby or Alaine?

8. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Beauty. I'm really optimistic about Gabrielle's coaching change. I hope it will be good for her.

9. Michelle

Michelle Member

Realistically, Gabby since she doesn't struggle with UR's and she has a lot of power in her 2A. But I would be surprised if she can actually do it given her wrap and her tendency to lose control.

10. ichiro

ichiro Active Member

I'm also very optimistic with Gabbi's coaching change. Even from that clip her landings look more controlled, yet she still has the power.

barbarafan likes this.
  11. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

Chartrand triple lutz triple toe from Lake Placid - I don't know if it's from practice or from a competition SP or what. How do the rotations look?

https://instagram.com/p/4Z0tIpv2TZ/

barbarafan and cheerknithanson like this.
  12. gk_891

gk_891 Well-Known Member

That looked pretty good to me. I've never heard of this young lady before. I hope to see more of her skating.

13. barbarafan

barbarafan Active Member

did anyone see Alaine Chartrands short.......if so how did she do?

14. cheerknithanson

Well Alaine won the Lake Placid Championships.

15. Sylvia

I didn't see Alaine Chartrand's programs in Lake Placid but heard she tried 3A in her SP (downgraded/fell) and her 3Lz+3T combo was clean (likely the Instagram clip she shared :)). She scored 54.66 in SP and 99.71 in the FS (no details received).

clairecloutier and danafan like this.
  16. cheerknithanson

Where did you hear about the 99.71 FP?

17. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Well that she won is good news, and is still working on the 3A, and yippee for the 3Lz + 3T combo; but hopefully she will be able to grow the scores over the course of the new season and really be able to throw her hat into the top 12 international ring!

Canada now has some really decent and promising female skater's on the rise, especially exciting since Osmond may be returning to active competition this season so 2016 nationals will be a nail biter for sure. GP momentum may really count for something.

Chan returning helps the WTT cause this season, and perhaps along with Nam, winning 3 spots next year on the men's side as well. Hopefully with a strong showing this year by the ladies, the men, Plus our already great pairs and dance teams, Canada will be able to win 3 spots in Boston for each discipline for the following season...Dream big if you are gonna dream, LOL! But honestly IMO this is the first time in quite a while that Canada likely has the necessary depth of talent in all the ranks to actually pull it off and realistically field a full team in the very near future. As Corey Hart would sing "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!"

puglover, algonquin and quartz like this.
  18. WanderlustTO

WanderlustTO Well-Known Member

probably neither of them.

I'm not trying to be a B or anything - i just want these ladies to focus on clean performances and staying competitive against the field.

Yes, I know i'm being annoying with this post.

19. cheerknithanson

I totally understand. Clean comes before adding more.

20. barbarafan

barbarafan Active Member

There is more than one way of looking at that...Often practicing and focusing on a harder element improves the problems with ie U/R and falls on the lesser elements.

You work on higher and faster and keep pushing to get the 3A and find the U/R disappearing on your other jumps...as well sometimes your head gets in the way of

what your body wants to do and in focusing on the 3a might stop the nerves on the other jumps...ie there is more than 1 way to accomplish goals and a good coach

uses all the tools in their arsenal.

mag, ichiro and danafan like this.
  21. Cant Skate

Cant Skate Member

Actually Timbuk3 sang that song, lol.... Corey Hart was famous for "Sunglasses at night". :p I have no idea why i know this, lol...

algonquin likes this.