Canadian dance/pair splits

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Cant Skate, Jan 18, 2014.

1. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Noa Bruser is no longer dancing. Caelen Dalmer (Firus' previous partner) is still around.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

3. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

Danny Seymour is remaining in Barrie with a new partner Yasmeen Jong.

4. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

Vancouver Ice Dance must not have updated their dancers list. Alexa Linden is still listed as well and she has formed a new partnership with Jean Luc Jackson. He moved to BC to train with her.

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Maybe it's time to start a new thread in GSD titled something like "Canadian Ice Dance 2014/2015 - News and updates" to go with the Canadian Pairs news thread there?

6. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Yes, I think there was a dance thread for 2013/2014 for last season, so it might be good to start one this spring that can begin now and continue into the fall.

7. Rogueskater

Rogueskater New Member

Exciting new partnerships, seems Barrie and Vancouver are doing some skater swaps. Tantallongirl you seem to have the inside scoop for these centers - any other news you can share?

8. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers New Member

Really interested to see how these new teams develop. SO excited that Shane Firus is back! And I seem to recall suggesting such a match between Collins/Firus? Here's hoping the age rules don't actually change to allow him/them a year at Junior to develop and solidify the team. (If age rules don't change, maybe Bent/McKeen will have another shot at Junior internationally as well. We'd have some strong teams at Junior chasing for those international spots.) Good for Linden/Jackson. I'm liking the thought of that, and I think BC is the best place to be for Jackson. Not sure about Jong/Seymour. Maybe Seymour is better off in BC as well with someone more like Dalmer. It will be really fun watching those first competitions of the season. Definitely a lot of changes after this year's nationals.

9. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

Does anyone know if Andreanne Poulin/Marc-Andre Servant are continuing?

I saw them skate at the 2013 nationals, and they were very, very good. Beautiful skating quality, edges like butter, and really nice personalities. I know that they basically sat all of this season out with injury, and that they were on the entry list for the 2014 nationals (but withdrew). I really hope they do continue.

10. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

Everything on their Facebook page would indicate that they plan to continue. Marc-Andre Broke his foot last season so that could be the reason they didn't compete at Nationals? Here is the link to their fan-page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andréanne-Poulin-et-Marc-André-Servant/294619127337403