Canadian Dance 2012/2013 including splits

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by fan, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I think this is the correct order of the tweets between Poirier and Gilles on April 13-14:
    ;)

2. Cant Skate

Cant Skate Member

Jessica Jiang, 3rd at 2012 Challenge (Novice), is on Ice Partner Search. She and her partner did not compete at Nationals due to injuries.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

New Canadian teams (ETA: at least one member is Canadian) that have registered for the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships and/or the Québec Summer Championships so far:

SENIOR
    Audry Dupont / Alexandre Laliberté
    Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen (DEN)
    Rachel Kirkland / Matthew Kleffman (USA)

JUNIOR
    Courtney Baay / Nick Toth
    Marina Barova (UKR) / Allan Stoll
    Audrey Croteau-Villeneuve / Dominic Barthe
    Bianka Gadosy / Benjamin Smyth
    Christina Penkov / Simon Proulx-Sénécal
    Carolane Soucisse / Simon Tanguay

ETA:
    Jessica Jiang / Nikolas Wamsteeker had registered for Lake Placid IDC in Junior events before the decision to split.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  4. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

5. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

Anyone know of any new ice dance splits since Canadian Nationals?

6. mag

mag Well-Known Member

In juniors it looks like Bruser and Lum have split, he is on Ice Partner Search. In novice, Jessica Jiang and her new partner Eric (can't remember his last name) have split and they are both on IPS.

7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

As much as I liked them (and I really liked them), she was clearly too tall for him.

8. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Darn - I'm disappointed to hear this, I really liked Bruser and Lum.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Feel sad about them too :( But look like she overgrow him :(
    What about Dalmer and Firrus? Look like she is too tall for him too.

10. fan

fan Well-Known Member

Mélissande Dumas / David Mackay Perry, 9th in Sr canadians, appear to have split - she's on ice partner search

11. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

I heard from a dance coach that Dalmer and Firrus are split because she has outgrown him. But I don't see their names on partner search.

12. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

It's a good thing Virtue/Moir stayed together when Tessa outgrew Scott in their teen years.

However, I think Scott's family has quite a few relatively tall people in it, so perhaps it was reasonable to assume that he would eventually grow.

13. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Absolutely it's great V/M stayed together. I don't think she was ever actually taller than him though (that I recall). Whereas watching Dalmer and Firus at Canadians, she was quite noticeably bigger than him. It's unfortunate, I like his dancing. If the rumoured split is true, I hope he can find a petite partner (and Dalmer a taller one).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  14. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

omg just the thought of v/m splitting up/ never becoming partners make me depressed

15. mag

mag Well-Known Member

And Firus is already 18 isn't he? I doubt he is going to grow much more and he would need to grow at least 4 inches for this to work. It is really too bad as they are a lovely couple. They really have a great connection on the ice.
    I noticed Alexa Linden (BC, 3rd in Novice) on IPS. Her former partner, Tyler Miller is not, so he has either found a partner or quit. IPS says Alexa has dual American / Canadian citizenship.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

At JCN i saw team with high red hair boy, who skated with small girl. Why he coudnt start skating with Dalmer or Bruster, when his patner - with Firrus or Lum?

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

If you are talking about Collins/Seymour, they are based in Ontario (Barrie), while Bruser/Lum and Dalmer/Firus train in BC. It's easy for us fans to "mix and match" partners but there are many practicalities involving in breaking/forming new partnerships (just stating the obvious here).

18. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

Likely because he is happy with his partner now. :)

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I know. but feel so sad for Lum - they were impressive young team :(

20. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers Active Member

It is a little sad to see these great partnerships break, but not entirely surprising. Dalmer/Firus were a little scary to watch, especially in lifts. They really went down at Challenge. Bruser/Lum are both very talented, but they also are not the right size for each other. There's not much you can do about that. It was inevitable. Both boys need to find tiny, small scale young ladies (think along the lines of Dubrieul). I imagine the girls may have a little more trouble finding young men who are talented, at a similar development level, still have years left at Junior, and are taller. I really feel for those girls.

Which may explain why boys don't always put their profiles on icepartnersearch. With the ratio of boys to girls in the sport so low, I would think the coaches with/looking for boys will all work together to make sure boys who want to skate, find appropriate partners.

21. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

Two more skaters that appear to be new to Ice Partner search at Jade Marrow and Courtney Royer.

Jade Marrow skated with Benjamin Mulder this season. They were 16th at Challenge in junior. Courtney Royer skated with Steven Paslawsky this season. They were 19th at Challenge in junior. Neither Benjamin or Steven are listed on Ice Partner Search.

If the rumoured as well as confirmed splits at the junior level are true, that already makes seven splits out of about 25 or 30 junior ice dance teams in Canada.

22. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Haili Moyer & Aaron Chapplain (12th in Junior Dance) are both listed on IPS now.

23. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

There are a lot of ice dance teams that have split since nationals. I know there are 3 novice teams and a junior team (Moyer & Chapplain)in Barrie split, and many BC teams are split. The novice team Clarke and Webb who placed 4 th at challenge and nationals have split. It is too bad because they connected very well together. Clarke has retired from skating. Webb is looking for a partner to skate Junior.

24. Cant Skate

Cant Skate Member

The only dance team left in AB is a pre-novice team Collier/Royer...EVERY other team has split :(

25. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Graeme Gordon (2nd in Novice Dance with Brianna Delmaestro) is listed on IPS as of today.
    Also listed is Alexa Linden (3rd in Novice with Tyler Miller), who has dual CAN and USA citizenship.
    Tyler Miller was listed on IPS earlier but is not now.

Juniors listed on IPS:
    Caelen Dalmer & Shane Firus (3rd)
    Timothy Lum (competed in 3 JGPs with Noa Bruser)
    Haili Moyer & Aaron Chapplain (12th)

From earlier in this thread:
    Not a split but Nicole Kuzmich & Jordan Hockley (14th in Junior at 2013 Canadians) will make their international debut for Slovenia at 2013 Junior Worlds next week, along with their training mates in Scarborough, Carina Glastris & Nicholas Lettner (GRE).

26. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

There is a new junior team, Matthew Webb and Margo Huen. Matthew was 4th in novice at Nationals with last partner Jaimie Clarke who retired from skating. I am sure there will be more announcements of new teams soon.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What about Ralf-Hill? I didnt see them in list of alternatives for WCh.

28. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

They don't have the TES minimum for the SD.

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!