Can Sinitsina & Zhiganshin win Gold at the 2014 Olympics?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Maofan7, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Was very impressed by Sinitsina & Zhiganshin in the junior grand prix. But what would be a realistic objective for them come the 2014 Olympics? Can they beat Virtue and Moir & Davis and White to the Gold? Or is Silver or Bronze or a position outside the medals a more realistic objective?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

3. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

If D/W and V/M are still in it, gold is out of the question, imo.

4. Miruna

Miruna New Member

I don't see them making a big splash soon. They are a good team, but they skate so similar to Bobrova/Soloviev! They need their own style, right now, they are a very good team with nice lines, speed, twizzles, but they are not memorable. I enjoy Stepanova/Bukin much more for now. Unfortunately she grew a bit too much for him, and this is not a good thing with COP.
    (I still have a tiny little hope that Ilinykh/Katsalopov finally skate to their potential.)
    Gold and silver for 2014 are locked. The bronze will be a battle between W/P, P/B and the Shibs. Right now, the french are my pick but they need the bronze medal at Worlds.

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I like them and think they have great potential. I enjoyed their Samson/Delilah FD last season, but am :yikes: at how they break at the waist when doing crossovers for speed this season. I don't remember this being an issue last season. It is so distracting. Until I read the GS interview I didn't realize that they shared coaches with Bobrova/Soloviev. :scream:

6. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

May be 2018?

7. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Wait... They did Samson and Delilah the year before Phantom? They really are D/W clones!

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

But maybe 2018

9. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

they're not going to get +3 GOE on any element they do even remotely well or 10's in PCS like DW and VM do if they are both still in the competiton. Judges have made their views known and against DW and VM nobody can win anything.

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I expect Monko/Khavialin to be formidable rivals, assuming they recover from what ailed them this GP season.

11. Proustable

Proustable New Member

M/K will be at Russian Nationals, I believe.

12. Miruna

Miruna New Member

I like M/K better! I saw them live last year and they are truly great! Hope they make Euros/Worlds, though the chances are slim.

13. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

If M/K are going to B/S's position are the Europeans I don't might them M/K on the European team. Hopefully they are not going to replace I/K or R/T for the spot.

14. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Sinitsina and Zhiganshin have potential
    although I like Monko and Khaliavin better, hope for a quick recovery soon.
    they are more talented and have great chances to medal in 2018 but not 2014
    :)

15. IneZR

IneZR New Member

I think they are very talented, but they need to change coaches if they want to make Russian National team next year. Kustarova's teams are usually very dominant in juniors, but she lacks 'something' to make her teams successful in seniors. Look at Bobrova/Soloviev: they were so promising back in 2008, but they are only getting worse and worse with every season and they are already losing to Shibutanis and Weaver/Poje - not even top couples in their countries. I won't be surprised if B/S lose to Cappellini/Lanotte at Euros.

I don't want the same destiny for Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, because I see a lot of potential in them, so I hope they make the right decision by changing coaches (Krylova or Zhulin would be a perfect choice!).

Having said that Sochi gold is out of the question for Viktoria/Ruslan, since there is too little time left: I'll be extremely happy if they establish themselves as Russia's No 3 team in the next two seasons and somehow skate to a 6-th-7-th place finish at Sochi Games. That would be a huge success for such a young team.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  16. Miruna

Miruna New Member

I agree:D
    M/K, I/K and R/T for euros and worlds would be amazing. But I don't see it happening to be honest. After all, B/S are the the European silver medalists and the only team who made the GPF this season, while R/T failed to medal in both their GP and I/K only won a bronze medal.
    I would like to see Sinitsina and Zhiganshin going to Zhulin! I really liked the programs he created for I/K. I think he is the one who could make this young team stand out.

17. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

The 2014 Olympics are no more set in stone in any skater than it was in Nagano for Michelle Kwan, anything can happen.

I would LOVE to see Sinitsina and Zhiganshin going to Zhulin too!

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

What is her relationship like with the Russian fed? I'd think at some point they would intervene and make B&S and S&Z go elsewhere. They made DomShabs leave Gorshkov for Linichuk, and his students were more successful in seniors than Kustarova's (coached DenSta to World silver and DomShabs to Euro gold).

19. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

GOLD? Maybe in 2018.

20. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

How much should we wager that next season's program is to a Tango medley. Then, I think a Viennese Waltz would work quite nicely. After that, I don't know quite yet, but I bet we'll have a better idea by this time next season.

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  21. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

:lol: