Can Bobrova & Soloviev make the podium at the 2014 Olympics?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Maofan7, Mar 28, 2013.

?

What medal if any will Bobrova & Soloviev win at the 2014 Olympics

Poll closed Apr 28, 2013.
  1. Gold

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Silver

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Bronze

67 vote(s)
    67.0%
  4. No medal

28 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think a bronze medal would mean a ton to B&S. They were thrilled and emotional to have won their World bronze, and an Olympic bronze at home would mean even more. Only a total idiot thinks they have a prayer of Olympic Gold next year, and I am sure they dont think they do either, so why would they be dissapointed with a bronze if it happens.
  2. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I am sure they personally would be fine with it and all the athletes in Vancouver who won silver and bronze accepted them and show them off but Vancouver even with the silver and bronze winners was considered and is considered one of the all time athletic flops of Russia so b/s personal view if the bronze would be meaningless because it's second loser to the sports federation of Russia.
  3. judgejudy27

Well that is all that matters. The truth is a gold medal for them is completely unrealistic, and the sports federation of Russia will have to hope for their gold medals elsewhere. They still might get one in figure skating with V&M.
  4. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

If that's all that matters to them that's fine as long as if they win bronze they will ignore all the press about the ice dance catastrophe that happened and how can Russia fix it's broken ice dance program that you saw with d/s bronze and how can they actually win an ice dance worlds Olympics event again.
  5. judgejudy27

V&M are retiring after Sochi anyway, and I have a feeling if D&W continue after Sochi their scores will start to plummet starting in 2016 at the latest, as the judges will be ready to see someone new on top. I think we will see the Russians strongly contending for gold in dance again soon, just wont happen at the Sochi Olympics is all.
  6. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

Yeah, V&M and D&W might both skip the Worlds 2014 and ta-daa B&S will be the new world champions! And I guess P&B will also retire after Sochi.
  7. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

If P/B win the OB why should they retire if they have a chance of WG ? especially if D/W aren't there . I think they will only retire after olympics if they are dumped as many already think they are :rolleyes:
  8. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

B/S could win if the USA and Canada boycott the Olympics to protest mistreatment of gay people by the Russian Government.
  9. ohashibiles

ohashibiles Member

They wont so what does it matter. If they do it will probably mean Tessa retired early due to her leg problems which opened up another medal for the others, and would still probably be a retirement gift that they be wise to heed.

I agree Bobrova & Soloviev will become World Champîons soon although not super happy about it. A gold at the Games would be a big upset hough.
  10. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Well I'm not giving up on P/B :p