Can Artur Gachinski now move on to become Russia's top Men's singles skater?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Maofan7, Apr 2, 2013.

?

Can Artur Gachinski become Russia's top Men's singles skater?

Poll closed May 3, 2013.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    54.0%
  3. Don't know

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Maybe you are right! BTW I would like to see him in good shape in the next season. And I believe he can do it! In this poll too much the "no". I think he will be Russia's top Men's singles skater.

2. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

ITA!! For so many years, Gachinski was touted as 'the next Plushenko.." How are you NOT going to fail?? How about let's NOT put THAT kind of pressure on any kid coming up in a sport as competitive as this one. There is only one Plushenko. One Yagudin. Gachinski is simply 'Artur Gachinski'..no number necessary. And he has the goods. Now, he just needs to finish the work he started in Slovenia. He isn't there yet, but with time and care, attention to the finer aspects of skating, he CAN be. And I hope to see him topping the heap next season. I believe in him. Now all he has to do is work, and to believe in himself.

3. sylvestercat

sylvestercat Member

No. He doesnt have either the athletic talent or artistry of Kovtun, and even though both are headcasey, Artur is the bigger headcase of the two. The federation also prefers Kovtun. Kovtun is younger. So almost no chance.

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I don't know. In a recent video from this summer that I saw of him, he does look better, but Kovtun is still improving too, and was 4th in the world. There's also Voronov and Menshov to worry about, although they might retire before the next Olympics. It seems like the Russian men like to continue into their thirties lately though (including Plush). I know Voronov is not 30 yet, but he is getting close.

5. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

*snort*

Go actually WATCH Gachinski and Kovtun jump. If you have eyes, the difference is obvious. Gachinski's jumps are a thousand times better. Now that his injuries are healed, he can work on landing them again.

Kovtun is only a year younger than Gachinski.

Gachinski:
    - 2010 Junior Worlds bronze
    - 2010 Russian National silver medallist
    - 2011 Senior Worlds bronze
    - 2011 Russian National silver medallist
    - 2012 European silver medallist

Kovtun:

- 2012 Junior Grand Prix Final Champion
    - 2013 Russian National Champion

6. sylvestercat

sylvestercat Member

Kovtun is working on all different quads though and can do the quad salchow. That is why I favor him in jumps over Gachinski. Along with being more consistent. He also is way more artistic than Gachinski who only has jumps.

7. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I liked gachinski artistry in pink Floyd and St. Louis blues.

8. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

Do you actually watch figure skating?

Gachinski was capable, before his injuries, of doing all the quads up to and including Lutz. In fact, they were already plotting to put the quad loop in before things went off the rails.

Kovtun does the quad Salchow, yes...the ugliest quad Salchow I've ever seen.

And anyone who claims "Gachinski is only jumps" very obviously doesn't watch him. St Louis Blues, Pink Floyd, The Bolt, The Demon, Anna Karenina - he's so much more than jumps.