Can ANYONE identify Elvis Stojko's ending music clip from '95 FS?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by SkateElectric, May 5, 2011.

1. SkateElectric

SkateElectric New Member

His program started with 1492 Conquest of Paradise and then skipped to Frogs in Space in the middle, back to 1492 (28th parrallel) BUT I WANT TO KNOW...what is the music during the last 45 seconds??? No-one seems to know and surely someone must know...It sounds like a soundtrack, and it sounds similar to the music NBC used during their broadcast of Worlds and what ABC used in their 1992 broadcast of skate america, therefore it's release date was 1992 or earlier...some of the other clips of it I have heard elsewhere seguyed into oh come emmanuel...what the heck is this inspired piece of music????????

2. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

3. SkateElectric

SkateElectric New Member

It's not twenty-eighth parallel - it's the part that follows twenty-eighth parallel.

4. SkateElectric

SkateElectric New Member

Ready to offer some $$ to anyone who knows...

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I know it is some techno piece from the early 90s. As for the name of it I have no clue.

6. Louis

Louis Tinami 2012

Try the soundtrack from "Christopher Columbus" (1992), which is different than the soundtrack to "1492: Conquest of Paradise."

7. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

8. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the track that SkateElectric identified as Frogs in Space, I know I've heard it before... Frogs in Space is used in his 94 SP, but not here I think.

The rest of the tracks in this program are:
    - Conquest of Paradise
    - West Across the Ocean Sea
    - ?
    - 28 parallel
    - A Hero's Welcome

9. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Well-Known Member

I thought the techno piece WAS "Frogs In Space" reprised. I don't know. I'd have to watch an Elvis Stojko program again and I don't think I have that in me right now.

10. joeperryfan

Maybe I'm looking for the wrong "Frogs in Space"? Do you have any links to the song or more details?

Oh, it's not so bad really, this program was actually watchable (he could still bend his knees), now the "medieval" Stairway to Heaven is another story, got curious about it this morning and now my keyboard is eating oatmeal.

11. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Here is a link to Frogs in Space i found on youtube and no part of that track is used in Elvis's 1995 LP. I recognise the track that is used in the LP but i've never been good at remembering artists and titles.

12. joeperryfan

Thanks! That was the Frogs in Space I had found too. Yeah, I know what you mean, I know the tune but my mental hard drive isn't retrieving the rest of the data. But I'm really curious to see how it connects with the Columbus theme (and it probably doesn't :lol:)

13. joeperryfan

Double post, sorry.

14. joeperryfan

Bingo!

So today I was inserting some more routines in the database and I decided to check what that Spanish Caravan theme sounded like, and that was what I was looking for. In fact what Elvis used was, if I'm not mistaken of course, a 1993 song that sampled "Asturias", in which Spanish Caravan was based, called "Right in the night" by Jam & Spoon. No wonder I recognised the piece, I heard this song as a kid.
    Here's the page for the routine: Elvis's 1492

Btw, was this also choreographed by Uschi Kezler?