Camp Nanowrimo

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Angelskates, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Is anyone in?

I'm not sure yet, I like the flexibility though, but want to look more at the details, and then think of options I can do before I decide.

2. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

My writing group is planning to do it. (We started with Nanowrimo and never stopped)

3. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

:cheer2: I think we've decided an average 1,000 words a day in April.

4. Bunny Hop

Bunny Hop Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz

Yes, I'm in. November no longer works for me, as I have other commitments, so the chance to do something in April instead is welcome. I've set a very low word count though (15,000 words), as work is so busy these days I can never guarantee my free ime.

Not exactly sure what I'll be writing yet. I've put in a tentative idea, but it may change.

5. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

I'm in the middle of revising my first NaNo novel, so I'll probably wait 'til November to write a whole new story. Good luck to anyone who joins up for April!

6. MacMadame

I'm in the middle of revising my Nanowrimo book too and I'm not sure I want to stop. I was going to write a play this time.

7. Bunny Hop

I've decided I will be a Camp NaNo rebel and instead of writing something new, will be trying to add to the word count of my 2011 NaNo Novel. I only wrote 15,000 words of that, so I'm aiming to write another 15,000 in April.

There are other people doing similar - either adding to, editing or re-writing previous material. I haven't been able to work out yet whether this is tacitly approved or not, but it's what I would actually prefer, rather than starting something new. I did Script Frenzy last year and really enjoyed it, so writing another script was another option.

8. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a whole section of NaNo rebels doing editing instead of rewriting. I might join along with that, although I'm going to be doing a LOT of rewriting as part of my editing process.

9. MacMadame

I'm going to be writing the last part of my memoirs. It's all new writing but it's not a totally new work. Either that I will work on my play: The Santa Wars.

10. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

Ooh, this is interesting! November and April are just terrible for me in my field, but there's one in July. Which would be perfect. Hmmmmm....

11. MacMadame

There's one in July too.

12. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I'd forgotten about Camp NaNo. I might give it a crack, but nothing huge or ridiculous like 50k. *muses*

13. Bunny Hop

I really need to start writing (I know, get off the internet and do something!). I should have time to make inroads this week.

14. misskarne

I went for 15k as my word goal. Just to get things moving again. Maybe I'll tackle something bigger in July.

15. MacMadame

I won't write anything until tonight after work so I have until then to decide but I'm having trouble deciding what to write. I can finish my memoirs. I can start my play, The Santa Wars, or I can start the novel, Surgically Altered Freak. I think I'll save that for Nov and Nanowrimo though. So it's just the play or the memoirs.

Usually I'd do which one scares me but they both scare me.

16. misskarne

I'm presently at a tick under 6000 words but had to stop for a couple of days while I did some real world stuff. 15k is looking like a rather conservative goal now. I wonder if you can change the goalposts halfway through...

17. MacMadame

Just smash it. I did 70000 for Nanowrimo.

I have done 200 words. Wooo!

Yeah, not going well. It's part of an ongoing problem that I need to work out this weekend.

18. Bunny Hop

650 words. Didn't get as much time to work on it while I was at my parent's place as I would have liked. But I'm still optimistic.

19. MacMadame

I still haven't done anything. Too many outside influences sucking me dry. I hate people sometimes.

20. misskarne

8186. I'm being a bit stop-start - I didn't write for a few days, and then put on a few thousand words...

21. Bunny Hop

Same here. Hopefully I can get some done tomorrow.

22. misskarne

I'm hovering about 13500, need to do some writing but I've been too tired.

23. misskarne

Broke goal (15k) at about lunchtime today. Which is good because this was only ever a short rubbishy story and it's running out of steam.

24. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I never have a month when I can make writing a top priority. :( I'm lucky if I can get a whole weekend.

25. MacMadame

I was able to do it Nov. I remember at the time people saying Nov. was a horrible month to do Nanowrimo but it really worked for me. April, not so much.