Calling all Adult Skaters - Australian Adult Event February 2014

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Aussie Willy, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

The thread about Adult Nationals prompted me to post this one.

Next year Feb 6th to 8th 2014 there will be an adult event in Melbourne, Australia open to international skaters. It ties in with an event in New Zealand which I think is the week before. Rules are based on Obersdorf and events include singles, pairs, dance (couples and solo) and Synchro.

So if you fancy a trip to Australia next year and want to have a bit of a skate then please PM me and I can send you contact details.

2. Lourra Bella

Lourra Bella New Member

Hi my name is Lourra from Singapore, i very interested in the Adult Nationals competition on the Feb 2014 may i get more info from you please thanks.

Regards,
    Lourra

3. Aussie Willy

A Facebook page has been set up for this event. If you PM me with your details I can send you an invite to join the page.

4. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

ooh I wonder if I can be skating dress skinny by Feb...

5. Aussie Willy

6. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

AW, what's the lowest level? I doubt I could be Silver by then, but I should be Bronze.

7. Aussie Willy

ISA have introduced a Copper division, which is for skaters who don't have a Preliminary test but can still do a freeskating program. So I think we will have that. For Bronze you need to have Preliminary test. Copper requirements are:

Duration of Free Skate: Max 1:40 mins, but may be less
    a) A maximum of four (4) jump elements.
    Only single and half-revolution jumps are permitted, no Lutz jump, no Axel type jump, no double
    or triple jumps can be included.
    A jump combination may consist of the same or another single jump. There may be up to two (2)
    jump combinations or jump sequences in the Free Program. One jump combination could
    consist of up to three (3) listed jumps, the other one (1) up to two (2) listed jumps.
    Any solo jump can be repeated only once and this repetition must be done either in a jump
    combination or in a jump sequence (maximum of 2 of any jump).
    b) A maximum of two (2) spins of a different abbreviation.
    Flying spins are not permitted.
    The spins performed must have a minimum of 3 revolutions:
    c) Connecting steps throughout the program are required.

8. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Hmmm, nifty! But if I don't have my Preliminary test by then I think I will cry. ;)

Actually, this Copper division is a great idea, because it allows skaters who are at Free Skate 4 level or thereabouts to compete in Adult, when maybe they aren't able to pass Preliminary yet, or don't have the jumps to compete there.

9. Aussie Willy

10. Bunny_Hop

Bunny_Hop New Member

What's the minimum age for this? I started skating at 15, had some breaks and now 19 and haven't passed (or attempted) Preliminary - yes, I am a pretty slow learner!

I'd love to go and might be able to, especially with the Copper division! I'm starting to work on single salchow and with luck might have a couple of singles by then. :)

11. Aussie Willy

12. Aussie Willy

I have now come up with the solo dance stuff - Patterns and Freedance. All based on ISA rules. Please PM me with your email if you would like a copy.

13. Aussie Willy