Caitlin Yankowskas

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Cloudy_Gumdrops, May 25, 2011.

1. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I thought it would be best to create a thread for her, something separate from the breakup threads.

Is there any news about her? I know some something was posted (in one of the other threads) about her having a tryout with Reiss. Did that happen yet?

I realize that if there is anything significant to post, someone would've posted it, but I'm just dying to find out what's going on with her. Things are so quiet on her end and she doesn't appear to have a twitter or anything.

I'm just so impatient. :lol:

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

The last known info about her was a FB post that she went back home

3. sunnysk8

sunnysk8 New Member

I hope she reads this and realizes she has a fan base and those who would NEVER have considered such an idea as that which has happened.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Did I read somewhere that home is in Boston?

5. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

I think she's from New Hampshire.

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

thanks. :)

7. dupagegal

dupagegal New Member

Caitlin is from Pelham NH. Near Nashua and the Mass Border.

8. Cal Girl

Cal Girl New Member

All the Very Best to Caitlin! She deserves it!

9. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Great idea to start a fan thread for Caitlin!
    :cheer: CAITLIN :cheer:

:cat:

10. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I hope she finds a good new partner.

11. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Wishing Caitlin the best..

12. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Her old partner didn't compliment her anyway. I hope she finds a new hot looking one :D

13. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I love Caitlyn's graceful ballet style and expression. Pair her with the right partner and it could be magic. I agree she was the one that made their last partnership standout. I just hope there is someone out there because I was really looking forward to continuing to be a fan!

14. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

New Hampshire, eh? Did Caitlin spend any time in the South? I spoke to her for a minute during the autograph session in Greensboro (very gracious and pretty young lady) and I thought I heard a southern twang in there somewhere!

15. triplelooped

triplelooped New Member

If she's from the South, she'd have a drawl, not a twang. Midwesterners have twangs, we have drawls! :)

Seriously, I hope she finds a great partner who really compliments her style.

16. Cheylana

:lol: ok, then she had a drawl. Or so I thought. Didn't hear a New England accent (e.g., pronouncing "car" as "caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa") but then again it was a very brief exchange. :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I keep seeing new posts and think there's news about a new partner. :wuzrobbed

18. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Ditto. I would think she's trying hard to find someone though. The clock is ticking

19. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Here's a crazy suggestion: is there any room for her with SOI or another show? She would have to get it approved so she'd keep her eligibility, but at least she'd be in front of a crowd, doing the occaisional pairs move.

20. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

A million ditto

21. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Nothing personal but that is crazy. After all, the gal has been without a partner for less than a month. It's too soon to be writing off her partner search and her season for next year.

22. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

In the Skater Anagram thread in Trash Can, Vagabond posted that one anagram for Caitlin Yankowskas is:

Wacky Liaison Tanks!

A couple of others are:

A Stoical Yank Winks

A ... A lack is stinky now

23. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I'm so hoping for a really great partner for her. She was so gorgeous at Worlds and Nationals this year.

24. Cheylana

There's no actual Caitlin news so shouldn't this thread be in the Trash Can? :shuffle:

25. Capella

Capella Guest

I was reading an old IFS magazine (from 2008, I think) and there was a news article how she was going to partner with Yannick Bonheur (after he & Pla broke up), but USFS wouldn't release her. I can't picture them together.

26. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Can we petition France to let Bonheur go?

27. madm

madm Active Member

They tried out together 4 years ago and it went very well, but there were citizenship issues and they would not have been able to compete internationally. Yannick didn't speak much English either, so there was a bit of a language barrier. And if they had trained in the U.S., USFS would have frowned upon (and perhaps prohibited) a U.S. coach teaching someone representing a different country.

28. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Bonheur can't jump though.

29. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

:huh: I guess that's why there are no foreign skaters training in the U.S. with U.S. coaches.

Virtue & Moir, Patrick Chan, Denis Ten, Viktor Pfeiffer, and on and on...........

30. madm

madm Active Member

I see what you mean, but it's different when the coach and the skater are U.S citizens and have been receiving USFS money. Do you really think that USFS would want Dalilah Sappenfield, Frank Carroll, or any other top U.S. coach training top competitors to compete for other countries in the Olympics? It's simply not in the best interest of USFS to encourage this. It is different when the competitor is a citizen of another country and has not received USFS money (e.g. Patrick Chan, Yu Na Kim). They can train with whatever U.S. coach they like and represent their own country. But for Yankowskas to train with Dalilah and represent France ... I don't think USFS would like that.