Caitlin Yankowskas on Ice Partner Search

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by jkl, Mar 19, 2013.

1. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Well I guess that answers that question.

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Oh, bummer :(

3. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

Did she delete her twitter? I went to see if she had written anything and her account appears to be gone :(

4. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Who's available? Mark Ladwig is the only one if she thinks short-term for Sochi.
    She hasn't skated internationally in a while, so a foreign partnership would be a lil bit more realistic now. I doubt the US releases her though.

5. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Rotten luck for her these past years.. :(

What about Speroff?? I know it means splitting an active pair but I doubt Gretchen is gonna get her jumps together any time soon.

6. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

What a shame .. she's so talented.

7. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

:( :( She had sounded so optimistic and upbeat in her interview with Jenny Kirk not long ago. What a shame! Anyone know what happened?

8. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Is there are an article or something?

9. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

:( Chin up Caitlin!

10. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Uh. . . so much for The Skating Lesson's interview with Aunt Joyce and Jenny Kirk :slinkaway:

11. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Don't they have to after a certain amount of time?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Why are people surprised given that partnership has never taken off?

They don't.

13. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

But, if USFS refuses - and the wait period is already met - that leaves a petition to the ISU council for an exception, right? Has that ever succeeded in a similar case?

14. Spiralgraph

Spiralgraph Active Member

Darn it. Not too surprised, though. Get this gal a good partner, pronto!

15. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Darn it.

16. hippychick

hippychick Member

LOL. I actually think they used to date several years ago. Anyways Speroff seems pretty dedicated to Donlan.

Best of Luck to Caitlin in her partner search.

17. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Speroff is 5'10" and Caitlin is much taller than Gretchen. Not an ideal match size-wise, but a perfect match style-wise. She obviously knows the skating club of Boston pair skaters.

18. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Speroff seems to have his own issues with jumps, and I don't see how starting a brand new partnership would change this. IMO, D&S would be far better off doubling down, adding a jump coach, and retooling their own approach to training, rather than splitting and rolling the dice with new partners. They are very well-matched as a team, but they have some technical issues they need to overcome.

19. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

What is the process of being released? What does that even mean? I assume to means she can skate for another country?

20. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

:fragile: Best of luck to her finding a new partner and making it work this time around. I still think she's one of the most complete pair girls to come out of the US in the past 10 years or so. It would be nice if she could get another chance to compete internationally.

21. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

Shen and Zhao were 5'3" and 5'9". Not comparing these two to S/Z, but just making note that not all successful pairs have to be gorilla and flea types. Caitlin is 5'3", however she has a very slight build.

Good luck to Caitlin...it would be a shame for a talent like her not not find the right partner :fragile:

22. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Now she can't catch a break! It's too bad. There is no female pair skater more talented now In any way that can possibly be bought of.

23. madm

madm Active Member

How about Colin Grafton?

24. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Dang! I was hoping this rumor was false but I guess Joshua was not The One. Stay strong, Caitlin!

25. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

From what I hear, Josh has been skating with Andrea Poapst

26. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Isn't Ladwig already skating with someone?

Caitlyn is the most talented pairs skater in the USA. It's a shame that she cannot find a partner. May be she should try another country. That kind of talent should not be wasted.

27. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Ladwig was skating with Lindsey Davis, but they split, and she's paired with Rockne Brubaker.

28. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Don't date your pair partner! Almost never can your partnership survive your breakup!

29. figureit

figureit Member

I actually did some research on this.... partnerships don't survive very long in the US period even if the partners aren't dating for all we know it stayed together longer because they were dating. I can think of Olympians that have done pairs/dance even gotten married and then divorced but remained skating partners because they were successful so that is really the key. Are you successful? are you making money together professionally? or not? determines the life of a team. Not whether or not you are dating?

Once US teams learn that to achieve that success it takes at least 3-4 years then maybe we will get somewhere?

This skating partnership never got off the ground it was bound to happen and maybe remained a professional partnership longer because they were dating...who knows?

Anyway it is sad. Best to her and him. If he is trying out with Popst best wishes to him and her as well. I heard on other forums Popst tried out with Tran and instead of the tryout being a week it lasted a day and she was sent home. Not sure if that is true but maybe things happen for a reason.
    Lets hope Caitlin's true prince happens for her soon too.

30. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

How very sad Tran is too short. Sigh. What a beautiful team that would make. Sigh.