Caesars Tribute cast

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by roxynova, Sep 7, 2011.

1. roxynova

roxynova New Member

Just got an email with a partial cast listing for the Dec. 3rd show in AC:

On December 3rd, figure skating returns to Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ this time to honor the ladies who, through their elegance and power, have made figure skating the most popular of the Winter Olympic events.

The Caesars Tribute II: A Salute to the Ladies of the Ice will feature National, World and Olympic Champions Miki Ando, Nancy Kerrigan, Nicole Bobek, Shizuka Arakawa, Tara Lipinski, Joannie Rochette, Irina Slutskaya, Yuka Sato, Sarah Hughes, Liz Manley and more*. The Caesars Tribute II will help kick off U.S. Figure Skating's National Skating Month and will feature a special tribute to skating icon Peggy Fleming.

Tix go on sale 9/16 - very interesting collection of ladies!

2. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Great group of skaters. I am hoping that Michelle is added to the cast.
    Thanks for the info.

3. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Definitely need to add Michelle in some way or it's not a tribute.

4. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

What a great cast! :swoon:

5. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

How much are the tickets for this show usually?

6. roxynova

roxynova New Member

Guessing they'll be ranging from $25-75. Somehow I don't think Michelle will be skating. If they could get her to be there at least that would be nice.

7. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Bobek? :eek: Is this her first official appearance since she went to jail?

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

She's done a number of charity shows.

9. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

$25?! Pretty cheap to see a bunch of amazing names! :)

10. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Judging by last year's ticket prices, I'm guessing they will be a lot more, unless they decided they overpriced themselves and are lowering them this year.

If Michelle were skating, I'd make the trip, but the only skaters on that list who I really care to see are Joannie and Yuka, and I assume Joannie will do SOI again, so I can see her there, and I'll just watch this show on TV.

11. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

We plan to attend this one. I certainly hope that Michelle was invited (even if she's unable to be there). I wish that Midori Ito would be invited to participate in this tribute.

Next year, there is supposed to be a men's tribute. I hope that will be an international cast as well.

12. roxynova

roxynova New Member

Just found an old email from last year's show - cheapest tix were $29.50 - plus fees I'm sure but still, there are reasonable tix available to most of these shows these days.

13. Athena

Athena New Member

I'd also love to see Katarina and Kristi. :swoon: I'm surprised Sasha's name wasn't there, typically that's a given. :shuffle:

The Men's Tribute would be more exciting. Will they have pair's and ice dancing tribute too in the future?

14. Pierre

Pierre New Member

No Kwan, no sale.

15. paskatefan

Just for the record, I e-mailed Jerry Solomon (CEO of Stargames) a few days ago, asking him about the range of ticket prices for the show. I also asked him if Michelle had been invited to skate in the tribute last year and for this year. He said that she has been invited both times, but declined the invitation. Wish it wasn't so, but that's how it is.

16. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

^Thanks for the info. about Michelle.

17. paskatefan

^ You're welcome kittyjake. I just checked the Caesars' Tribute page. Sasha has been added to the cast. :encore: :D :)

18. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

What a stunning lineup, especially Bobek, Arakawa, Rochette, Slutskaya, and Sato! I so wish I could go! My job and such a long distance just won't allow it. :(

19. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I would love to go to this but don't live on the east coast. So exciting that Tara and Sarah are skating again in these specials. I'm very glad...liked both of them alot and still do. Bobek was my favorite at the time of the Michelle/Tara wars so I'd love to see her too. I wonder what kind of shape she'll be in though. Finally great to see Kerrigan is still skating. Fabulous cast. I think Michelle is done with skating for good it sounds. Kind of surprising because she used to be so passionate about the sport.

20. Pierre

Pierre New Member

I'm a little surprised that Kwan didn't agree to do this, because it's a fairly significant event (and she did skate in ATS and attend the RISE premiere, so it's not like she's been entirely avoiding that world the past few years). On the other hand, she is focused on the next stage in her life, and it's quite possible that the date/time just simply didn't work.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  21. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Most surprising name to me is Liz Manley. Loved her skating, thought she fell off the performing radar and was just coaching.

22. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

What a great line-up !! :eek:

23. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

TARA!!!!!!!!! I'll be there for sure.

24. Alexei'sgirl

Alexei'sgirl Member

Just bought my tickets. Looking forward to this event. Last year's was a really great show, so I'm hopeful this will be just as good!

25. luviskate

luviskate New Member

I would like to purchase one but don't know the code. Anyone?

26. paskatefan

^ BWH2