1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye bye bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by Spinner, May 2, 2011.

1. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

CNN has just confirmed that the US has the dead body of Osama bin Laden. POTUS to speak about it at 10:50EST tonight.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
    Integrity and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

3. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break #HotMessExpress

ABC, NBC, and CBS news programs are all reporting this right now.

4. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

5. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

Besides the obvious that goes along with this, I'm :rofl: that Obama's announcement has interrupted the Apprentice.

skipaway, meggonzo, Cheylana and 3 others like this.
  6. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl:

7. Karen-W

Karen-W Well-Known Member

dead dead dead...

Fox News actually confirmed it before CNN did. The Fox Capitol Hill correspondent worked his sources better than Wolf Blitzer. Or rather, I think Blitzer knew, based on the way he was speaking/hinting (and bashing Geraldo for speculating that it had to do with Qaddafi), but he didn't want to ruin the President's announcement. Then, Fox scooped it and CNN decided to confirm what they knew, lol. That was some pretty awesome reporting!

8. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

As did David Gregory on MSNBC,

9. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Wow. Just saw it on Yahoo. Shocking.

10. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Blitzer knew but was not going to say. He didn't want to possibly be wrong and/or take away the announcement from the President. Then they suddenly began talking about it and I figured Fox spilt the beans and they figured, oh well..

We were both a little worried because on CNN they were saying how huge and important and dramatic this was going to be. We had no idea what to expect!

Maybe I am in the minority but while this is big news I don't know that it required such hysteria at this time of night. He is dead, nothing is going to change if you find out in the morning.

He was living in a mansion at the time of his death. Seriously... Don't know if I should laugh or shake my head.

11. Capella

Capella Guest

If this is true, I wonder who will get bumped up to the FBI Top Ten Most Wanted list.

I have a hard time believing this, just because it's like a Slutskaya is pregnant rumor.

12. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'm happy and at the same time worried about reprecussions. My little brother lives three blocks from The World Trade Center. It's probably a ridiculous fear, but still, it's there. Feeling kinda wobbly.

13. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, FOX was the station that announced it first; MSNBC and CNN were still hesitating.

On the one hand.....AWESOME. On the other hand....Al Qaida now has themselves a martyr. THE martyr. Bin Laden probably hasn't been on the front lines of plotting for a while, mostly acting as a figurehead. Now he's an even bigger figurehead.

14. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

NBC is noting that this is the eighth anniversary of "Mission Accomplished." Seems appropriate!

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Wow. Finally.

16. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Freaky fact: 8 years ago today Bush put on that costume and declared "Mission Accomplished". Discuss.

17. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Finally. Rot in hell. (insert lots and lots of creative profanity)

18. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

. I'm sure we'll find more details. I've always thought that he's been dead for awhile. We've heard nothing from him, he hasn't been seen in years and the man had kidney disease.

My question is what does this change in regards to world terrorism? IMO, very little. I'm sure the Saudi royal family is happy(what a piece of work they are)

19. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

I agree that there may be repercussions, but I think it will die down fairly quickly. And maybe we can finally bring the troops home.

20. Capella

Capella Guest

I've got on CNN. Impressed by how invisible Wolf Blitzer's glasses are. /random

21. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Really, are you serious? What does this change in Afghanistan? Nothing. Doesn't change anything in way of Iraq.

22. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I'm elated to think that he is dead, finally (it feels horrible to be happy about someone's death, but he's been responsible for so much destruction that I can feel ok about it anyway), and with Obama's announcement this will be a historic night. On the other hand, I'm afraid of what might happen with al Quaeda's reaction. susan6 had a good point; they now have the ultimate martyr to inspire them.

Nevertheless, finally.

23. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Took Obama just two years to do what Bush couldn't do during two terms.

24. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Yeah....the talking heads are saying our troops are probably going to be on heightened alert for awhile in case splinter groups go for retribution. Al Qaida isn't an operation that has or needs a central leader; cells work independently.

25. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Bin Laden's dead? Good. Hope his soul (if he has one) rots in hell.

26. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

:p

27. IceAlisa

IceAlisa discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado

What exactly does Obama has to do with this personally? Or Bush? But never mind, if it turns out he died of kidney disease, you'll think it's Obama's good works too. :p

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'm more afraid about retaliation than anything. I dread having to fly anytime soon because I'll be a basket case. My facebook went crazy with people so excited that he is dead. One one hand, this means he can no longer wreak havoc. However, there's obviously others out there to take his place. Him being dead doesn't bring back all of the troops that died in the last 8 years and those who died on 9/11. So, I'm sorry that I'm not filled glee like so many other people seem.

29. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Do you really give Obama credit? I don't think they have ever stopped looking for him and it just took a little luck to get the right information and take him out. I'm not sure it matters who was in charge, they were going to keep trying until it happened. I think it is pathetic it took 10 years, especially finding out he was in a mansion outside a major capital city.

30. Civic

Civic New Member

From what I've been hearing on Fox, he didn't die from natural causes but from a U.S. military strike. He was living in the tribal area of Pakistan. What I'd like to know is how U.S. intelligence learned his exact location.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.