Build your own giant thing from Star Wars

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

2. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

AT-AT (All Terrain Armoured Transport.) And despite the article's implying it, I doubt Lucasfilm will care unless he tries to make money off it. They're EXTREMELY tolerant of fan projects, provided you dont' sell them or only sell them for charity (I've done painted bulbs with licensed characters for charity auctions, with a lot of other craft projects with Star Wars properties on them in them as well, and not only do I know LFL doesn't care, an LFL employee bought most of mine. But that's because he's Steve and collects EVERYTHING. He'll probably try to buy this!)

The AT-ATs didn't have an Ewok problem (as they weren't in the same movie), they had a snowspeeder problem-in that the speeders could trip them by wrapping the legs with cables. Which is only ONE issue with the entire concept (watching The Empire Strikes Back with an engineer parent kinda kills it at times) so I'll be interested to see if he can actually make one that WORKS in any way. It's really cool and intimidating looking, but I have to admit my dad is right, if you're not going to use antigravity technology availble in-universe...they never heard of tanks?

3. danceronice

And yes, I'm a terrible Star Wars nerd. Though I haven't quite forgiven them for Jar Jar.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

5. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I love Star Wars! The original movies are still favourite of mine. Good luck to him. :respec:

6. danceronice

I like that child and would like to subscribe to her newsletter.

7. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

8. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member