Breaking Bad-Is this the end of Heisenberg? Better call Saul!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jenny12, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

A month ago, I had never seen Breaking Bad or had any interest in it. Then a friend I trust told me I had to see it, so I got the first season DVDs and started watching. I'm all caught up, and now I don't know how any of you could stand to wait a week between episodes. I want to know NOW!

2. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I didn't watch when it first started so I was enjoying watching on Netflix one after the other. I was used to watching so many in sequence that it feels like an eternity from week to week.

3. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Wow. Props to you. BB is a difficult show to binge watch.

4. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

I've been waiting for Walt to confess to Jesse about the whole Jane thing! I really hope they won't leave the Gray Matter Technologies piece hanging...there are only two episodes left.

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

What!? This show is made for binge watching. Every episode leaves you dying to find out what happens next. Or maybe I just love to binge watch EVERYTHING. lol

6. halffull

halffull Life is beautiful!

:fragile::wuzrobbed

7. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I binge watched the first 3 seasons and found it really hard to switch to 1 episode a week afterward. I hate waiting to see what happens next!! What a fantastic show - this season especially has just been incredible.

8. Prancer

ITA! I wanted to catch up to the last episode in particular because the title ("Ozymandias") told me that me that Walt's chickens would finally come home to roost, but I am now seething with impatience to know what happens to Jesse. Well, and Skyler and the kids, too. I would say that no show would kill off Skyler and the kids, but this one just might, just to really drive home the point. :yikes: I still can't get over the fact that they shot that little kid on the minibike at the train--and that Walt was, for all his talk at Jesse, so totally untouched by that. :eek:

9. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

That was the episode that cemented Breaking Bad as "best series ever" for me. I spent the whole episode rooting for Jesse and Walt to succeed, and did not see that shooting coming. I felt like I, like Jesse, had undergone some sort of crisis of conscience, and it really brought home to me that Walt had destroyed himself.

I feel sorry for the people who will discover this series after the finale. They will have the great binge experience, but not the weekly shock and awe of these final 8 episodes.

10. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

So now was probably a bad time to start watching this show then, huh. :lol: Two weeks ago was the first entire episode I've seen (I've seen bits here and there while flipping and may have read the threads here) and not even knowing the story or the characters, I just had to keep watching to see what happens. Now I want to watch the final episode without even seeing the whole series because I don't think I can wait that long to catch up on the whole series to see what happens.

I don't have Netflix, can you watch the entire series online for free someplace?

11. halffull

There's never a bad time to start watching this show!!!! ;)

12. Prancer

I watched everything up to this half of Season Five on DVDs from the library, then caught up with this season online.

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Who knew Heisenberg (of the same name as the proponent of the Uncertanity Principle of Quantum Mechanics) would be associated with a meth lab. I cannot wait till we get to that lecture in physics class in a couple of weeks. :D

14. Prancer

Ah, rfisher you are on the cutting edge of education.

15. halffull

I can't for tonights episode :watch::watch::watch:

16. BigB08822

Next weekend I will miss the big finale because I have to go to a damn opera. Ugh! The cons of having opera singers in the family! I am taping it and coming home to watch it immediately. I don't care how long I have to stay up, I know someone will spoil it the next day so I have to watch it as soon as I get home.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  17. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

After last week's amazing episode, I'm pretty curious to see how they top it tonight.

:fragile: Jesse - I hope he breaks free of Meth Damon and the evil family AND gets away. I have to wonder if anyone will miss him (not that Badger or Skinny Pete are people I'd want to try and rescue me!) or if Lydia will find out he's being held hostage and try to save him?

As for Walt, I can't see him ever getting his family back. The bits they've shown us show that he's been on the run and his house has been seized, which means the car wash is gone too. Wonder if Sky is off bookkeeping for her ex while Jr. wonders what the hell happened to his family? Will Marie be in purple ever again? Will Walt switch to boxers? Did anyone ever let Huell out of that safe house? AND will Hank and Gomie get a proper burial? :(

18. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Don't forget it's 75 minutes tonight! I hope Jesse dies. It is the only way I can see him being out of his misery - even if he were to escape Meth Damon.

19. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

This is all heading for a massive collision. :yikes:

20. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Poor Jesse! Heart breaking. Can't wait now for next week's episode!

21. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

We know that Walt goes back to NM to go after someone. The obvious target would be Todd and his uncle's gang for stealing Walt's money, but after tonight's closing scene I'm wondering whether it might instead be Elliot and Gretchen. Throughout this show Walt's ego has consistently been his undoing, and I wonder whether hearing Elliot and Gretchen say on national TV that Walt had nothing to do with the creation of Grey Matter, when Walt clearly thinks he was the "grey matter" that led to the company's inception, might just set him over the edge. I could easily see a scenario in which Walt might blame Elliot and Gretchen for the mess he's currently in ("if you hadn't forced me out of the company I would never have needed to resort to being a meth cook / dealer to provide for my family after my death") and he clearly has nothing to lose at this point. Hmmmmm.......

22. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I don't want Gretchen and Elliot to be Walt's final act of Heisenhat vengeance. I want it to be a shootout with Meth and gang, with Lydia also taking a bullet (if only for her soy milk demands). And Walt dying in Sky's arms after giving her the location of the cash.

This episode was slower to me than last week, and I appreciate the pace setting up the story for next week. Highlights for me - Walt having to pay vacuum guy $10K to spend time with him. Sky zoning out on the feds questioning her, Meth and family threatening Sky, and the throwback to Walt stashing funds in diaper boxes (this time, it's Ensure).

Wonder who he'll be using the Ricin on?

And Gus Fring ran an amazing organization. Once Walt had him killed, everything went down the tubes. Dead eyed Mike had it right.

23. Prancer

I do think Grey Matter is a lot of what drives Walt, but Charlie Rose also said that Walt's precious blue meth is still being distributed and I can see that making him just as crazy.

I love how Walt is in hiding, but still trying to convince himself that his motives were pure and all about his family while he sits in the woods in New Hampshire with his barrel of precious money and reads old newspapers about Skyler's upcoming trial.

My money was on the ricin going into Lydia's precious tea until this week, but now I have a little doubt because of Gretchen and Elliot.

24. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

While this episode was slower than the past couple weeks, I thought it worked as a slow burn and built up tension as it went along. Overall, a pretty devastating episode.

25. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Might he use the ricin on himself?

26. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

This is my prediction as well.

27. halffull

I found the show slow as well. Can't believe there is only one episode left. He should you the ricin on himself ... but he won't, I don't think anyway LOL

28. BigB08822

Good news! I actually took a look at the tickets for the opera this weekend and it is at 3pm! This means we will be home in plenty of time for Breaking Bad. What a relief!

29. halffull

^ great news for you BigB :)

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.