Breaking Bad-Is this the end of Heisenberg? Better call Saul!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jenny12, Aug 11, 2013.

1. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

So, tonight starts the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad. Can't wait! What do we think Walt's fate will hold?

Also, looks like AMC will do a marathon of the first eight episodes of the season today leading up to the final season.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Omg! Thanks for the reminder! I thought it was later in August. I can't wait.

3. jenny12

Yeah, I thought it was later for some reason as well, but then saw an ad for it. I was so excited last summer at the end of the first eight and it has seemed like a long wait.

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Well, we know he's coming back to Arizona New Mexico with a gun, but why? If he made off to New Hampshire successfully, what will drive him to return to New Mexico? No doubt some type of unfinished business, but what? One thing seems certain, though, and that's that his ego will be his undoing, as it has been throughout the entire series.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Arizona? Please explain.
    I'm waaaay to invested in this show. I almost had a heart attack watching the season opener.

6. jenny12

Wow, wasn't expecting the confrontation so soon! Bryan Cranston and Dean Norris were awesome in that episode!

7. halffull

halffull halffull kind of day

Great show tonight. I agree about the confrontation ... that punch ... ouch!

8. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Sooooooo good! Sooooo intense! I hate that I can't see the next episode for a week!

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I had forgotten how unsettling this show is. There's always something looming.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Sorry, I meant NM but wrote AZ. :eek:

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  11. BigB08822

Crazy! I mean, this really didn't take us anywhere new but I did not expect the confrontation to happen so quickly. If anything, I figured Walt would be running away trying to avoid that entire scene! I am starting to think the cancer will be what kills Walt but it wont be that simple, it will be dramatic!

12. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

That was an intense final scene. And Jesse throwing all the money away was so sad. I'm more invested in him than in anyone. I also find it hard to remember that I once loathed Hank. (this comment brought to you courtesy of Netflix UK)

13. rjblue

I was surprised that Skyler had so little hesitation before choosing Walt over Hank.

Now I just have to search the internet to find all the significant detail I missed.

14. BigB08822

Skylar makes odd decisions. It is like she hates Walt for all of this but at the same time she kind of likes the rush of it all. I guess she is very torn and not cut out to be a criminal, even if she finds it kind of exciting.

15. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

She's in too deep to turn on Walter now, imo.

16. jenny12

Loved Skylar in the episode: "Am I UNDER ARREST!" Anna Gunn has been excellent. And I loved Lydia in her heels going into the meth lab.

17. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Great cast and one of my current favorite shows.

My only complaint is that they haven't done anything story-wise to highlight Walt Jrs. existence on the show. I feel they could have done more with his character.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  18. jenny12

Awww, Jesse.The burden of having a conscience.

19. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I only started watching in the past few months (Hooray for Netflix and binge watching!) and can't wait to watch the last few episodes.

Over the course of the show I've found myself rooting for Jesse the most. Aaron Paul is just heartbreaking in the role. Now I get the Emmy love.

This season has just been insane (in a good way). I'm actually hoping Hank nails Walt. And LANDRY from FNL as a stone cold killer - awesome! :watch:

20. jenny12

What an incredible episode tonight! That final scene was something else.

21. halffull

It was a great episode last night :) I don't want this show to ever end!!!

22. rjblue

Marie has been wearing black lately.

I kept away from the radio today, so I could watch it this evening unspoiled.

I don't want this show to end, but what makes it great is knowing all along that it has to end.

23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Marie's purple has become my obsession. The coffee pot, the wine opener, the rug, the outfits, the purse - I sit there and go "PURPLE" and drive the son bats. :lol:

24. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Just watched the latest episode last night. I loved how everyone was trying to play someone, and how in the end Jesse got the better of Walt (at least initially). But this can't end well and with the foreshadowing that we've already seen, I have my ideas on how the closing scene from this episode is going to unfold. What a cliffhanger, though.

25. BigB08822

Wow, that was probably the best episode of Breaking Bad...maybe ever!? So intense. I knew Hank and/or Jessie were going to die but even still, I held out hope until that very moment. I love that Walt made the phone call and is doing what he can to get his wife off. He should have been more specific and told her that he had promised to kill her if she ever spoke but hopefully that is enough to keep her out of prison. I guess Jessie will be forced to cook and can live as long as he does his job. Hopefully Walt can manage to save him, too, even though he just asked to have him killed.

26. jenny12

Another great episode! Bryan Cranston outdid himself with that performance!

27. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

This show is pretty much ruining me for all other television.

28. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

That pretty much sums it up. I knew that the cliffhanger from last week was not going to end well for someone, but I did not envision Jessie's fate. I now have a better idea of what Walt might eventually come back to NM for, though, but I'm sure this show will surprise me.

29. halffull

The twists and turns are amazing ... I LOVE this show!!!!

30. rjblue

Some reviewers mention watching the show with your hands covering your face and peeking out. I did that during the knife fight, and the killing of Hank, and Jesse in the cell. I also almost cried during the phone call. Next week can't come soon enough, and I'm dreading seeing who dies next.