Brad Pitt: I "Felt Pathetic" While Married to Jennifer Aniston

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I actually think this does make a lot of sense ;)

2. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

^This. My best friend has six kids 8 and under and no nannies. That impresses me more.

3. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Speak for yourself. I always dislike it when people publicly bash their ex.

I have a friend whose ex- is batshit crazy and he doesn't say Boo about her in public when he has plenty to complain about. I find that classy. Pitt? Not so much.

4. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

What a low blow. I sense a "It was taken out of context. I only have respect for Jen." statement issued soon.

Didn't Aniston's mother suffer a stroke recently?

5. ssminnow

ssminnow Active Member

Oh come on, I'm sure this is just a publicity stunt to promote his new movie Moneyball. And in a few months when Jen's next movie is out, she'll give an interview attacking back.

6. SkateSand

SkateSand Member

7. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

8. bek

bek Guest

I think how people are about their exes, says a lot about their character and whether or not they are trustworthy. It takes an awful lot of trust, to get involved in an intimate relationship with an individual and sometimes the relationship doesn't work out. Rarely is it just one person's fault, and there's something really classeless about an individual who is bitter enough to air out all of the dirty details to all involved.

I much prefer people who are classy enough to not "kiss and tell" And I think its especially the case when we are talking about mutual friends.

MacMadame and (deleted member) like this.
  9. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

I'd be surprised. She hasn't talked about Brad in ages and the worst she's said is that she didn't appreciate the way he acted about Angie while they were still married.

10. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

What a jerk !

He and Angie are crazy loons IMO. All they do is bring back the triangle to promote their "brand" since nothing else works as well as that.

They both lack class.

11. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

They're not married. :slinkaway

12. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Hey Brad, compared to Tom Arnold, you had it easy!

13. mila19

mila19 New Member

I think that's Angelina's influence there speaking, I suppose when you are in a couple you always draw from the other. I found it rather funny how Pitt seems to match his haircolor to that of his current partner.

14. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:rofl: Well said.

15. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Well, some of us have longer phases than others :slinkaway

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

This. When I first started dating my now husband, he was recently divorced. I had dated a lot of divorced guys who talked bad about their exes-calling them names and complaining about them. But Richard said he was still her friend, they just fell out of love. He would go over and light the furnace or tell her how to do something over the phone like taxes, etc. That impressed me so much. I married him for many other reasons, too, but that really impressed me. We've been married 31 years.

Also-I remember Jen saying way back when Brad and Angie first got married that Brad "lacked a sensitivity chip." It's all about working the press. I think Angie is so freaky (no matter how many good causes she has, and good for her for doing them) that she and Brad probably belong together....

17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

What an idiot - there was no need to say any of that, and even if he wanted to talk about himself, he could have easily done it without ever bringing Jennifer into it. She's right - he does lack a sensitivity chip.

For those wondering about the guy she's with now, it's Justin Theroux, an actor (starred in Mulholland Falls) and now better known as a screenwriter, including Tropic Thunder. He comes from an accomplished artistic family, and by all accounts, his break with his ex was clean and completely over before he started dating Jennifer. Word is it's serious, but then again, the tabloids have wanted to have her married and pregnant ever since, well, forever.

On a somewhat related note, I quite like her new perfume. :)

18. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

There is another interview with Pitt today. This time he is complaining about his role in Interview with a Vampire. He didn't like the dark, didn't like the contact lenses, didn't like being second lead to Tom Cruise....

Again with the I felt like a dull whitebread guy (which he still is, in spite of attaching himself to Angelina). He seems to have a serious case of "wannabe" as in wanna be cool, edgy, etc.

The reason he's not cool is because he tries too hard to be cool. The more he talks the more he convinces me he has nothing to say.

I agree with Aniston, he is lacking a sensitivity chip. Nothing like dissing all the people that made his life easy.

19. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Someone once wrote that, since he's been absorbed into Angie's globetrotting entourage, Brad always has this look on his face like "I was just trying to get laid! How'd I end up in Africa?" I can't help thinking of that every time I see him now. :lol:

20. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

Brad certainly does not seem to be the King of Tact, and does seem to be missing a sensitivity chip (understatement), but I have a hard time mustering up any sympathy for Jennifer Aniston after she started dating a guy who ditched his 10+year long term relationship to be with her (I had actually heard the opposite of what the previous poster said in that the ex does not seem to concur that it was over and felt dumped by him for Jen):
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ulled-an-angelina-with-justin-theroux-2011226
    Seems just a tad bit hypocritical after her very public disgust of Angelina doing the same thing....

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  21. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

There is a big difference between AngeliHOEjolie who SLEPTs with her HUSBAAAAAAND when filming (for at least a whole year) while Jen was pregnant and having at least two known miscarriage and Justin who ditched his long time on and off girlfriend. Not wife.

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

ITA.
    No, but she did use the breakup to get publicity for herself. Even years after they split, no matter what magazine cover she was on, it was always about "Life without Brad" or something to that effect. What Brad said wasn't so charitable, but she's played "Widow Pitt" to the hilt.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Great post. And he just can't bring himself to marry the girl either.

24. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

Weeeelllll, Justin and his girlfriend were together for 14 years, while Jen and Brad were married for less than half that time. Agreed that it's not the same as what Ange did re: Brad being married, but it certainly doesn't make what Jen did here okay, especially after her very public reaction and statements circa 2005. You'd have thought she would have been the last person to do that to someone else after all she'd said....

agalisgv and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

For a person who professes to be happy, he certainly does seem to be whining and dwelling on the past quite a bit these days.

Seriously? I know you follow Hollywood gossip, so I'm surprised this is your take. As I understand it, Jennifer has never wanted to talk about Brad or the marriage - in fact infamously has gone silent when asked questions during live interviews. It's the media who have always wanted to make it about Brad, and the copywriters who have perpetuated the sensationalist headlines about all three of them all these years.

26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

True, Jenny. But at some point, an A-lister can have some influence over what goes in an article about them. Many of them do plenty of stuff that is kept out of the press. If she didn't want to mention her marriage to Brad mentioned so often, I think she could have said something.

27. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

The bold, my emphasis, says a lot about that relationship. Hey not my fault I smoked weed, not my fault that I sat on the couch being a lump, not my fault that someone should have recognized my worth to the world because of my looks.
    It was hard for him to sink any deeper in mine, but he did it.
    REALLY? Not so much. Because even if he had looks, which I don't think he has, hawtness is also based up your interactions with others and your past relationship breakups.
    This - there are always 2 people (or more in the case of big fat lips) and more than one story. We are just hearing what a lazy, self-indulged person he was.

This. But be prepared for the attacks on you for saying this because of his efforts for rebuilding post Katrina.

28. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Typical of a woman to judge another woman harshly and call her names.

29. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Not all women do that

30. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

What? I've never heard anything about JA being pregnant--ever. Courteney Cox has been open about the fact that she had some miscarriages.