Brad Pitt: I "Felt Pathetic" While Married to Jennifer Aniston

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Sep 15, 2011.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

He didn't say that it was her fault, though, just that he was going through an uninteresting phase himself. It's not even clear in the quotes that he mentioned Aniston at all.

Sometimes people don't mature into a happy and fulfilling relationship until later in their lives. It doesn't mean it's anyone's fault or that they hold animosity towards their ex.

3. duane

duane New Member

Talk about her in what way? Her name never comes up.

4. overedge

He talks about "the marriage" which she was the other part of. And even if he wasn't naming her directly, or blaming her, I'm just uncomfortable with him going ahead and talking about the experience when AFAIK she has been pretty closemouthed about what went on.

5. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I understand what he's saying.....his feeling "pathetic" probably didn't have anything to do with Jen, it was completely internal. But, like many of us do in our youths, we think that finding that someone is going to make us happy and fulfilled. It doesn't work that way. Finding the right someone can add to your happiness, but someone isn't going to make you happy, per say.

meggonzo and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It's a phase?

Stefanie and (deleted member) like this.
  7. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

It´s not terribly sensitive but it isn't the first time he has given an interview where he lets everyone know how Jen was nothing compared to Angelina.

Makes you wonder, casually, why he feels the need to do it. That triangle is so closely scrutinized by the press that you would think he would have figured out how to say he is very happy with his current relationship and very much in love without diminishing or dragging the first wife into it.

8. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

From the article:

He's just trying to throw us off the real story. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, and the cover of a magazine said, "Angie Says Get Out!" So clearly the Jolie-Pitt marriage is over and he is deflecting. Pretty sad and pathetic, but I guess that marriage couldn't last forever. :(

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  9. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Actually he is trying to save face because we all know that Angie kicked him out because she is now in love with Jennifer and they are going to get married and raise that bunch of kids together :rollin:

Brad is just feeling bitter .... :rofl:

10. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I agree. Very classy guy indeed.

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Poor Jen. Even if your ex-husband didn't blame you publicly for an uninteresting period of his life, that fact that you were married to him during that period has to make you feel that you were part of the problem.

I think Jen deserves at least one year where no one pans her movies, her acting, her constant singleness, her blandess, etc. :)

12. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I hated Friends, and especially Rachel on the show, but in the last few years I've come to appreciate Jennifer Aniston. I have the feeling in real life she's a really fun and down to earth person.

13. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I have no interest in panning her personal life (and isn't she with someone now? Someone who left his long time girlfriend for Jennifer? I can't remember his name.). But her movies and her acting? Not my favorite things in the world.

She does seem like a cool person, though.

14. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Friends and I will take the Pivot scene over anything Brad has ever done.

nyrak and (deleted member) like this.
  15. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Tabloids do not lie. Poor Bradley.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  16. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

You mean like spear heading a project to rebuild houses in New Orleans after the Katrina disaster?

17. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with him saying he was unhappy with a certain point in his life. Obviously there was unhappiness for there to have been divorce. If anyone one of us knew personally was talking (in a non-bashing manner) about how how they weren't satisfied with their ex, we wouldn't be talking about how disrespectful they were being. Just because Brad and Jen are in the limelight, I don't think that means he can't mention it.

18. overedge

Actually I'm surprised when I go to the grocery store and the tabloids *don't* say "Brad and Angie Finished!!!!"

19. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

It all sounds like excuses for why he cheated on his wife. Blah, blah, blah.

The classy thing would be for him to say nothing, or to take responsibility for what happened, and not whine. Or to explain that he was looking for a dominant, controlling woman who would tell him what to do and when to do it, and how to think about it when it was done. ;)

20. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

My sister telling me her husband was a mistake and the worst time in her life is a lot different then him telling the public what he just did. Those three have been tabloid fodder since before he and Angie hooked up, he knows what he is doing. I just don´t know why he does it. I don't follow them enough to know the timing of everything but it seems to me when one side is getting a lot of press the other side takes over. There have been rumours lately about Jen being pregnant and buying a house together with whoever she is dating. Saw it on some entertainment show and the "reporter" seemed to go with the angle of how nice it was she has found happiness. Now Brad is letting the world know he found his happiness the day he let Angie be the mother of his kids :lol:

Seems to be a lot of leftover baggage with this lot. If it's tit for tat Jen is a lot more clever hiding her part in it, him not so much :D

21. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Brad Pitt just went way down in my estimation. Jen has remained close mouthed about their relationship, he should shut up NOW because she's looking much better than him.

22. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

You're right. OMG, Brad Pitt is sooo HAWT!!!!

23. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

Wow.

AFAIK, Jen has never trashed their marriage, but more how Brad and Angelina acted during the filming of Mr. and Mrs. Smith while they were still together, and immediately after, while she was still mourning the end of their marriage.

What a tool.

24. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I don't like this comment at all. It's like Aniston was like some soul sucking monster to him or something.

25. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

That's my problem with it. Like what, he couldn't get his butt up off the couch and do humanitarian work because Jen and their marriage was tying him down? Did she like forbid him to do so? Please.

WindSpirit and (deleted member) like this.
  26. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I dunno. All he really said is that he was bored, and they were pretending their marriage was something that it wasn't. I think a lot of married couples do that before they split up. He never said that she was boring, just that his life wasn't interesting. Is it so wrong that he's happier where he's at now? No, he doesn't need to rub it in, but if he's happier, why should he have to hide that?

Besides, people have been bugging him about Jennifer for 7 years now. I think after so many years of people nagging about it, he's allowed to finally say how he saw things. Again, he never trashed Jen, he just basically said that he wasn't happy. But then, I've never been a fan of Jennifer's (and I never found Brad or Angelina attractive or remotely likeable until they became parents - they just seemed 'softer' after that).

Though I had to snicker at the comment about him giving his kids Angelina as a mom, when really it's the other way around - she gave her kids him as a dad. And loved that he said 'yet' when mentioning not having a 7th kid. It's crazy to me to think that Maddox, the oldest, is now 10 years old. But still, 6 kids 10 and under. Wow!

27. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

While I think he should just leave his past relationships (marital and otherwise) out of his interviews, I have to say that few things are more soul sucking than a bad marriage. That doesn't mean your spouse is a soul sucking monster, but the relationship itself sure can be.

Meh. I'd be more impressed if they didn't have what? Two nannies per child, I think?

28. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

He didn't even date Aniston until 1998, and they were married in 2000. It sounds to me like the marriage was a result of his melancholy, not a cause.

29. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Seriously.

30. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Ugh, I don't know if that's any better. "I was so pathetic and such a pot smoking loser that I married Jennifer Aniston."