Boyang Jin cheer thread!

skateboy

And kudos for spending time to connect with the crowd.

My feeling exactly. I really like his La Strada LP! (Can't really tell yet with Spiderman, since he missed all his jump passes and, while he tried to sell it, it really lost steam, it thought.)

But hey, even with flaws in the LP, he still placed 2nd in TES (behind Shoma)! Better yet, his PCS improved. One of the things I like best about Boyang is that he seems to absolutely love skating.

DreamSkates

He has definitely added some personality to his programs this year. I enjoyed watching him (Skate America) and he seemed to have alot of enjoyment on the ice. Better that then someone who looks like they are in pain (Gracie Gold, let's hope she can conjur up some of Boyang's joy).

arakwafan2006

First, I didn't realize how tiny he is... anyhow, I have a LOT of respect for him as i do ANY skater that addresses their weaknesses head on. When I saw that he was going to skate to Spider Man, my eye roll was severe. I actually enjoyed it even though it was a splat-fest in the short. The free, his skating isn't so bad. Count me as a fan. I mean, lets face it, he's got light years to go but he's in a better position than someone like Max Aaron. I almost get the feeling that it never dawned on Jin to show his personality and he's clearly got one.

Might as well speak up my girl Lori Nichol. She's done another great job. The older she gets i wonder if she can pick relevant themes for young men and women but she did and it didn't look hokey.

Marco

Spiderman did make him look even more like a 11 year old. But overall he seems to be enjoying and much more into his programs this season.

Agree with Ashley that he needs some transitions. His posture and line need quite a bit of work as well.

Messalina

Spiderman is so so so so perfect for Boyang. I don't think there's another program I've seen this year that has me smiling from start to finish. It's great fun to see a skater having so much fun, for it NOT to be a hard slog (seemingly the case with so many favorites who shall remain nameless). And when he skates like a crazy ham AND lands his jumps − it's money, baby!

Seerek

Lori Nichol has cleverly added Spidey-referential choreography throughout the entire program - some more obvious than others, but it's definitely there. Even the final pose has the effect of virtual webs protruding from the wrists.

Interestingly, the hydroblade completely makes sense to integrate in this program since the body position Jin creates mirrors a Spidey-crouch quite closely.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the 4CC Men's medalists poll thread:
"Sneak peek from an assistant coach: Boyang Jin upgrades his free skate layout to 4Lz3T, 4S, 4Lo, 4T, 4T2T, 3A1Lo3S, 3A, 3Lz. 4CC is coming~"

ETA a follow-up tweet from the same source on Twitter:
"Skaters from Team China are doing test skate these days in Beijing. Men FS was tonight, Jin landed all on his new layout except popping a 1A"

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

Can I clarify that the "insanity" I meant is that we could see a battle of the "five quad LPs" at 4CCs. Plus whatever Hanyu and Uno does.

I hope no one thinks that I was critical of Jin. I actually always thought if someone was going to be the first to execute a five quad LP, it would be Jin.

antmanb

I don't think you needed to clarify :lol: It is insane that in a very short period of time we've gone from the very best skaters in the world attempting one or two different quads, to the very best in the world attempting 3 or 4 different quads plus repetitions in the same programme.

lala

Re-posting from the 4CC Men's medalists poll thread:

"Sneak peek from an assistant coach: Boyang Jin upgrades his free skate layout to 4Lz3T, 4S, 4Lo, 4T, 4T2T, 3A1Lo3S, 3A, 3Lz. 4CC is coming~"

"Skaters from Team China are doing test skate these days in Beijing. Men FS was tonight, Jin landed all on his new layout except popping a 1A"

:respec: Unbelieveable!!! I can't wait the 4CC!!!! The competition is likely to be what the figure skating world have never seen!!

Sylvia

TBD
From Wei Xiong (pandaatlarge on Twitter) - link posted above:

I just found Jin's test skate (video on weibo) uploaded on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4wTTa0dcsE

Last edited:

Jammers

This lineup is almost Worlds quality. All the top skaters but Javier are at 4CC. Shows you where the top Men are right now and i don't see that changing in the next few years. :eek:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Short Boyang documentary with English subtitles https://vimeo.com/196985558

I just watched Boyang Jin's cowboy ex program. Between that and Spiderman, I am such a fan! He is so voidy and I love it! I enjoyed watching the documentary. I love the part about his Mom telling him he needs to keep everything from fans. I wonder where all the flowers and stuffed animals, etc. are being accumulated! :rofl:

Can't wait to see what he skates to next season. Something equally voidy I hope! Congrats on adding that world's medal to the collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information