1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Marathon bomber--terrorism and politics

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by genevieve, Apr 20, 2013.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Reported to be alive and conscious, and as others said - if he's being sent to Mount Auburn, he's not in critical condition.

3. GarrAarghHrumph

The BPD tweeted poetry:

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

well done, coordinated operation by the entire group of law enforcement. And to all the persons who were able to assist in the identification and capture of the suspect

5. genevieve

frm last thread:

Or else they're realizing that this country is determined enough to capture the people responsible for a terrorist act on our soil in a mere 4 days.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Prancer

Prancer All About That Bass Staff Member

Yeah, I would think one thing terrorists would learn from this is that rather than panic and erupt into chaos, the people of Boston cooperated and worked together to make sure the suspects were caught. If I were a terrorist, I think I would be looking at this as a cautionary tale.

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  7. GarrAarghHrumph

Basically a parade in Watertown. A line of police cars, lights flashing, slowly driving up the street. People standing on the side of the road and cheering.

8. GarrAarghHrumph

Police are saying the suspect lost a lot of blood.

9. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

There were lots if dogs in photos. Maybe those just sniff bombs? Can a dog just seek blood though? I thought they had to know what they were sniffing for?

10. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

So, if they were doing house to house searches, did they not search the house where the boat was?

11. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

It's beautiful to watch!!!

12. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Determined and able Im quite impressed.

13. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Wow, ABC showing the crowd erupting in cheers as the police cars exit, sweet.

14. GarrAarghHrumph

The Globe now reports that they're taking him to Beth Israel, a Level 1 Trauma Center, indicating that he could be seriously injured.

15. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

This ^^

Our law enforcement has been very successful in keeping us free from terrorist attacks for years. The fact that this one happened doesn't mean all that doesn't count anymore. It was nearly inevitable but it was handled bravely by all concerned and the suspects are dead and in custody without taking a lot of people down with them. This is a major victory over those with bad intent.

BelleBway and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Aceon6

Aceon6 Hit ball, find ball, hit it again.

This part of the neighborhood was on the outer perimeter. The gun battle Thursday night was about a mile away.

17. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Two things...

THANK GOD!!

Saw this suggestion on Twitter not too long ago, how about holding a Parade to honour the Police and First Responders and whomever else was on duty during this week to help bring this to a close in the space of four days?

IMO, a great idea and it looks and sounds like the people of Watertown are doing just that at the moment as the various Law Enforcement vehicles are leaving.

18. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

No, nor apparently any of the neighbors either. And yes, a bloodhound could have trailed that blood spoor if he was bleeding from the shot last night. Even a German Shepherd can do that, but a trained scent hound could have followed a trail less than a mile long.

19. GarrAarghHrumph

I'd also note that this is a fairly crowded neighborhood. Lots to search.

---

There will be a press conference at 9:30pm eastern.

20. genevieve

from father to suspect #2 (via ABC): "TELL THE POLICE EVERYTHING"

21. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

So, the young man, who was injured at the marathon and rescued by the man in the cowboy hat who plunked him into a wheelchair and got him to medical presumably fast, apparently woke up from his first or second operation and blurted out something like two men, hats, white, black, bag because he had seen both brothers drop at least one of the bombs at his feet right before it went off. This was apparently the first thing he said, wasn't even really talking yet, but managed to get those words out. Bless this young man, a hero in all of his sorrow at losing parts of two legs because he started the description where the police and FBI, etc., were able to go to tapes and find them.

22. genevieve

people cheering in the streets waiting for the ambulance (although I'm not sure they're at the right ambulance - still reporting that he's going to Mt Auburn)

23. Aceon6

It's curious that the ambulance hasn't shown up at Mt. Auburn yet. It's a straight shot from the scene. Should only take 5 minutes.

24. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Garr said he's going to Beth Israel

25. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

BlueRidge and (deleted member) like this.
  26. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I would assume that in order to decrease the potential for a sniper to kill the suspect and/or media following/at hospital, they may give a dummy location

27. genevieve

they've got a photo of the guy in the ambulance :eek: hard to see, although you can see he's got an oxygen mask on

now reporting that Tsarnaev has arrived at Mt Auburn, not Beth Israel

28. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

JMHO, is there a hospital where none of the injured are, this is a little snarky, but I can't imagine they would have him and them in the same hospital.

29. GarrAarghHrumph

The Globe is reporting that the suspect is very injured. Critical condition, very weak, but moving slightly.

Also reporting that law enforcement blew the top off the boat.

30. Aceon6

Thanks, missed that, but now WCVB is thinking Mass General.

Sorry to all the folks from outside the area. We locals sometime speak in what seems like code to you. Boston is a huge medical hub, and most of us in the area know where we'd like to go if something happens to us. Personally, I'd prefer BMC if I was bleeding.