Bootleg jeans?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by millyskate, May 1, 2011.

1. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK and in desperate need of some bootleg cut jeans. My size is 33/32, and I can't find anything anywhere...It seems most stop at a smaller size. I had a great pair of levis that have lasted me about 6 years, but they have finally died. That cut no longer exists...

Any suggestions for online shopping? It's become urgent :lol:

2. mila19

mila19 New Member

3. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

There's loads on ebay, surely?

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Gap do bootleg, as do Dorothy Perkins and Next. Where have you been looking? I swear I've seen them everywhere :lol:

5. Integrity

Integrity Active Member

I love Gap Curvy lowrise bootleg.

OT - Not sure how I feel about high waist jeans making a comeback.

6. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

I am strongly in favor of high waist jeans! They don't have to be mom jeans. But even girls built like twigs end up with butt cleavage showing or muffin top or both with the ridiculously low rise.

The best rise is about two inches under the bellybutton. Says me. :mitchell:

But I can't help with jeans in the UK, I don't think my favorite brands are sold there.

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

If you're willing to spend a bit extra CJ by Cookie Johnson makes a great bootcut. They're called Grace and go up to 34. Nordstrom carries them.

8. rudi

rudi Well-Known Member

I was also going to suggest trying Gap online.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Gap jeans are awesome! My favorite go-to pair of bootcuts are the 1969 Gap. I love them and get lots of compliments. And the fancy designer ones just hang in the closet. What a waste of money that was.

These look like my star pair: http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=57390&vid=1&pid=771767

And PRLady--slightly higher rise but not too high, not too low, just right. :)

10. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Miss Me and Rock Revival make bootleg jeans. They are sparkly and cost a bit more, but I lurve mine. :)

11. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    It seems my definition of bootleg must be a little more extreme :lol: For instance, the next ones are way too narrow hipped for me... :shuffle:

But I will try the Gap ones - Gap curvy sounds good. It just seems all the shops I've been into are selling straight only, or worse, skinny.

12. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

By extreme, do you mean flared? Bootleg is to do with what happens below the knees, not with the rest of the jeans :shuffle:

Gap curvy are good, because they're better over the hips. They're the only Gap style I'd consider, to be honest, because Gap jeans in general are way too low for me (since I have fleshy hips, and most gap styles cut right in).

Skinny are in, but bootleg have never gone out and with flares making a comeback, you should find something :)

13. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

I completely misinterpreted the thread title. I thought it was about black market jeans or something. You can tell I don't shop for jeans often. :)

14. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Grannyfan, I thought the same thing you did. That was why I entered the thread thinking, darn is there nothing people won't do? :lol: :shuffle:

15. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Have you tried Boden? They're British.

16. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

Thank you for the fashion tips as always, I'll try a pair on. (The NYDJ pair I have has turned out to be incredibly comfortable AND flattering but they were well over $100 at Nordstroms.) The rise on the Gap ones might be a tad low for someone whose figure fault is the lower belly, but I'll try.

(And do I have a spa for you, Ms. IceAlisa, when you next need a vacation.)